Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on a little Dolmar the other day.....nice little saw...a 109....worked on it before.....tried to educate the folks back then on sharpening and adjusting the chain etc........fail......came back not running, cutters rounded back half the tooth and hanging off the bar 3/4" between the points of the drivers and the bar.

Ground about half the chain away to even get a descent tooth......adjusted properly...started up...sounded flat but ran....put it in the test log...cut fair but then would quickly start surging....getting slower each surge...back to the shop......fuel line had broken near the filter...carb final filter was packed full of fuzz...hmmmm out of K 20 kits...and the fuel line is "Special" like a stihl......gas cap o-ring badly deformed. So I went bravely downtown, to the only saw dealer in town, who happens to only sell Dolmars. Was pleasantly surprised......large gas cap o-ring, K-20 full carb kit, special fuel line, and fuel filter....$19.02 out the door tax and all...cheep 'nuff...'specially at a dealer!!!

Worked on a little Dolmar the other day.....nice little saw...a 109....worked on it before.....tried to educate the folks back then on sharpening and adjusting the chain etc........fail......came back not running, cutters rounded back half the tooth and hanging off the bar 3/4" between the points of the drivers and the bar.

Ground about half the chain away to even get a descent tooth......adjusted properly...started up...sounded flat but ran....put it in the test log...cut fair but then would quickly start surging....getting slower each surge...back to the shop......fuel line had broken near the filter...carb final filter was packed full of fuzz...hmmmm out of K 20 kits...and the fuel line is "Special" like a stihl......gas cap o-ring badly deformed. So I went bravely downtown, to the only saw dealer in town, who happens to only sell Dolmars. Was pleasantly surprised......large gas cap o-ring, K-20 full carb kit, special fuel line, and fuel filter....$19.02 out the door tax and all...cheep 'nuff...'specially at a dealer!!!

Great class of saws those are, only one part could have been made better is the AV rubbers but I will take every one of them that comes my way. When we had our dealer,back before the Makita fiasco we could get parts over counter for all the models they stocked and sold, prices were very reasonable there also. That is why we owned and ran them in the woods back then. When Makita took over that was a death knell and our dealer packed it in. Right after that I started whording SD saws and parts, still can`t help myself, still do. Got almost as many of them as Stihls, only bought 3 so far this year though....LOL

Back