Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy trails Rob, you at high elevation?
Right at 500'.
If you look at a planting zone map of the US the south central part of PA is like Virginia while the rest of the state is like NY. . Hence in our little county we grow 60% of the apples in the state. About 50 degrees at noon. Same as 90 miles south on the coast.

Adams section in the NW corner catches all kinds of cold weather.

Happy cutting Rob .
20+ inch oak chest high.

On one the root ball stood up. Told the guy so. When it happened he was all excited. I told you !!!
He said he didn't know what a root ball was.
The others were loaded sideways.

I made extra cuts to unload it. They thought it was silly.
Till they heard and watched it move.

Lol. I'm a coward. I take my time and listen.

20+ inch oak chest high.

On one the root ball stood up. Told the guy so. When it happened he was all excited. I told you !!!
He said he didn't know what a root ball was.
The others were loaded sideways.

I made extra cuts to unload it. They thought it was silly.
Till they heard and watched it move.

Lol. I'm a coward. I take my time and listen.
Sounds like you had a little fun . :)

Right at 500'.
If you look at a planting zone map of the US the south central part of PA is like Virginia while the rest of the state is like NY. . Hence in our little county we grow 60% of the apples in the state. About 50 degrees at noon. Same as 90 miles south on the coast.

Adams section in the NW corner catches all kinds of cold weather.

That be real nice compared to here now, we like it cause there is no flies now...LOL

Sounds like you had a little fun . :)
One guy NOT cutting was asking if I had ANSI certified gloves.....
I said they were 4343 .........which is four different ratings of 1-4 on four types of cutting.....cutting puncture and something else. He left me alone.....no idea which. Lol

We had a LONG meeting on it and afterwards we were mocking it in the shop.

Hey....are those 4341???

Safety meeting finally helped!

73f46dbf129563c48cd505d155ebc857.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

73f46dbf129563c48cd505d155ebc857.jpg

Heck ya, we even had swings and cross bars like that when I started school in 1958, school still had them until around 1963 when a new school was built near by, then the old school was torn down. No new swings or playground equipment was put in at the new school for many years, then it was the new safety plastic junk.

Heck ya, we even had swings and cross bars like that when I started school in 1958, school still had them until around 1963 when a new school was built near by, then the old school was torn down. No new swings or playground equipment was put in at the new school for many years, then it was the new safety plastic junk.
Good times...

Good times...

Only one kid ever got seriously hurt in all those years, he fell off the 14' high crossbar and broke his leg, ground was frozen about mid January. Never stopped the rest of us from climbing and even forcing the swing set up to near the 27' mark.

Only one kid ever got seriously hurt in all those years, he fell off the 14' high crossbar and broke his leg, ground was frozen about mid January. Never stopped the rest of us from climbing and even forcing the swing set up to near the 27' mark.
That would be 27' Canadian or 12' American

That would be 27' Canadian or 12' American

What we used to do was double up on a swing, standing up and facing each other we would essentially pump the swing sending it higher and higher every swing. We never quite got it to cross the top bar but came really close many times. The cross bar the swing hung from was 14 feet merican high using 5/16" chain with a wooden plank seat. We got a bit creative in our quest to get er over the top and would screw an additional 3' length of plank on providing a footing on each side for each guy to stand on, could pump er way more efficiently that style. Had to make sure we took the additional piece off each evening and take it home with us, we were using the swing after hours, not during school time.

Back