Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back from the lake, need a break from the black flies!

Yeah...they getting hungry here too.......Sat afternoon the bride and I split the last two cord of wood....there was a coolish breeze at first so that and strong sunshine kept them at bay, but near the end of the pile it became ovahcast, warmed up and the breeze dropped out...... they came out in force!!!!

Yeah...they getting hungry here too.......Sat afternoon the bride and I split the last two cord of wood....there was a coolish breeze at first so that and strong sunshine kept them at bay, but near the end of the pile it became ovahcast, warmed up and the breeze dropped out...... they came out in force!!!!

They were out from the moment the sun was above the horizon and stayed around til past 9 pm on Saturday. It rained hard overnight and into Sunday morning, that kept them down somewhat on Sunday, only a couple hundred or so swarming around instead of thousands, digging in fresh wet earth seems to spurr them into a frenzy.

Holy COW!!!! last poast on page IV!!!!! Slackerz!!!!! Been busy getting things together for the long road trip to Illinois......getting there.....pick up the rent-a-rig tomorrow....liftoff early Mon morning......hopefully get through a couple possible "choke points" before the Memorial Day Parades get going....make it to the big road and it'll be clear sailing except for Holiday traffic!!!! YAK!!!!

Holy COW!!!! last poast on page IV!!!!! Slackerz!!!!! Been busy getting things together for the long road trip to Illinois......getting there.....pick up the rent-a-rig tomorrow....liftoff early Mon morning......hopefully get through a couple possible "choke points" before the Memorial Day Parades get going....make it to the big road and it'll be clear sailing except for Holiday traffic!!!! YAK!!!!

What rent a wreck you picking up?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have a safe, happy trip Robin.
Thanks Jerry....Hope to.......lot of driving....coming back through 'Nadia.....gonna meet up with a friends widow in North Bay Ontario.....he went to school with me...his family was down here running the KerrAmerican copper mine....the last few years Bob and Lianne been coming down in the summer for a visit but Bob got cancer and passed away a couple years age. Marcie and Lianne have kept in touch through facebook and when planning our trip we ended up with an overnight in North Bay so we could visit with her for a while.

Thanks Jerry....Hope to.......lot of driving....coming back through 'Nadia.....gonna meet up with a friends widow in North Bay Ontario.....he went to school with me...his family was down here running the KerrAmerican copper mine....the last few years Bob and Lianne been coming down in the summer for a visit but Bob got cancer and passed away a couple years age. Marcie and Lianne have kept in touch through facebook and when planning our trip we ended up with an overnight in North Bay so we could visit with her for a while.
Nice road trip, longer the better. My longest was 16, 830 KM round trip. Like to do another before checking out.

Update.....the Rogue is not the Mo-Ron-Oh......is slightly smaller with a four banger....it'll go if you whoop it hard nuff but you really have to work it ovah!! On the plus side was getting 32 MPG+ @ 80+MPH. Man....holiday traffic was brutal coming down from Portland to NH on the Maine Turnpike.....3 lanes bumper to bumper going 80MPH with the usual 5% trying to get ahead everyone else by frantically changing lanes....to no avail. At the toll booth there were 6 lanes open but after paying tolls had to jamb back into 3 lanes again with no white lines.......What a cluster XXXX that was and to make matter worse a road tractor backended a coach type RV...minor damage but greatly added to the general chaos....I knew this scene would not get any better the further we continued so we bailed in NH and drove out through NH, VT down into Mass then into NY......drove in every New England state yester day except Conn and RI...5 states in all....10hrs on the road...finishing up breakfast then over to see Bob (spike60) for a few mins while we're here, then ...Off we go again!!!

Back home with the rent-a-rig.....2018 Nissan Rogue.....looks just like the Mo-Ron-Oh to me....'cept it's wicked blue and has Mass plates....
Be ready to be stopped with those Mass plates! When I lived out in Ohio before I got Ohio plates would get stopped every trip. After changing plates never! In fact one winter when it was -30 car froze up and a Penn Statey towed my car to bldg to thaw out. Never knew I was a Mass boy or it would never had happened. Accent had changed some by then! lol

Good trip Robin! Continued safety!

Latest posts

Back