Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I have taking apart part done.......the putting back together is much easier.......though not without a learning curve.....in this Chevy there is only one rather small coil type spring per brake.......there is however a "W" shaped spring that is about 1/4" in dia that holds both shoes in place.....a rather miserable item but can be dealt with....with some vocalization......!!! LOL!!

I have done them all, both big and small , neither is all that bad if they have been dealt with from the first year of manufacture. My 79 3/4 ton had all original rotors and drums on it , changed out pads and shoes every 4 - 5 years but had torn down and neverseized every moving part the first year it came from the factory, threaded bolts and pins, did the same with every truck from my first , 1964 Chev, 67 Chev, 77 GMC and the 79. Havn`t done so with the Tundra, just got lazy.

Sent that 440 Hooski back with new seals, a new ring and new base gaskets........ran fine for me...took it down to the burn pile and put it in a bunch of 10" dry pffir...tuned it....let it sit ovah night and started it up as soon as I got to the shop the next day...three pulls...started and ran fine......called Edward to come get it. Not Edwards saw but someone he knows.....Ed picks it up last Friday.......so Ed shows up today and is telling me the owner tries to start this little saw........yanks and yanks and yanks then she kicked back and damaged his knuckles......he told Ed that it was fortunate he wasn't wearing gloves 'cause he would have taken it by the bar and beat it on a tree until all he had was the bar.........this is the same guy that stuck a ring in probably 15 hrs run time from brand new. I told Ed to bring it in.......I can fix the saw but likely not the owner.........'specially if a 40cc low performance saws recoil overwhelms him. Gawd..... he sounds just like my EX sawmill partner...unable to change the sparkplug in his lawnmower.....but wouldn't try 'cause it wouldn't occur to him to do that........just keep yankin".......My word......

Sent that 440 Hooski back with new seals, a new ring and new base gaskets........ran fine for me...took it down to the burn pile and put it in a bunch of 10" dry pffir...tuned it....let it sit ovah night and started it up as soon as I got to the shop the next day...three pulls...started and ran fine......called Edward to come get it. Not Edwards saw but someone he knows.....Ed picks it up last Friday.......so Ed shows up today and is telling me the owner tries to start this little saw........yanks and yanks and yanks then she kicked back and damaged his knuckles......he told Ed that it was fortunate he wasn't wearing gloves 'cause he would have taken it by the bar and beat it on a tree until all he had was the bar.........this is the same guy that stuck a ring in probably 15 hrs run time from brand new. I told Ed to bring it in.......I can fix the saw but likely not the owner.........'specially if a 40cc low performance saws recoil overwhelms him. Gawd..... he sounds just like my EX sawmill partner...unable to change the sparkplug in his lawnmower.....but wouldn't try 'cause it wouldn't occur to him to do that........just keep yankin".......My word......
Now now, its a Husky, can`t spect much from the saw or the owner!!

Back