Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the 1000 foters can't
I have flown over the lakes mid January and seen an odd ship trapped in the ice, not going anywhere but still had a hint of smoke wafting from the stack, must be an expensive venture for the owners.
Some boats can do that......butt not the 1000 footers ice pressure would crush them like an egg shell. A lot of lake boats are ocean vessels lengthened to haul more load....they are built way stronger to withstand ocean swells......the 1000 footers can never leave the Great Lakes......they fit through inter-lake locks but not through the St Lawrence locks.....

Well , after lots a resurch I now know that I've got to hop up my 241 for moar power !
Dear Unka Rob , can you make me a base/cone/filter holder/thingy for an oiled Fram filter like the one you made in this piccy ?

a108fb00-60cd-4000-947c-c9c616d609ef-jpeg.695058

How manny monies will it be , I'll send you a pm asking .
Thanks in advance , will I have to hack my cover and will it get me 8.6% moar in the cut .
Oh , I was whaundering , if the 4th order harmonics are changed do I have to rebalance the crank and piston ?

Well , after lots a resurch I now know that I've got to hop up my 241 for moar power !
Dear Unka Rob , can you make me a base/cone/filter holder/thingy for an oiled Fram filter like the one you made in this piccy ?

a108fb00-60cd-4000-947c-c9c616d609ef-jpeg.695058

How manny monies will it be , I'll send you a pm asking .
Thanks in advance , will I have to hack my cover and will it get me 8.6% moar in the cut .
Oh , I was whaundering , if the 4th order harmonics are changed do I have to rebalance the crank and piston ?
I was told I never spent time in a machine shop.
Today I’m on the lil 60 HP machine........not on this one......does it still count?

On the lil 60 hp machine I can make an adapter with one counterbore in a pout 1-2 minutes. Chip to chip. Holding .003.

Yeah the 1000 foters can't

Some boats can do that......butt not the 1000 footers ice pressure would crush them like an egg shell. A lot of lake boats are ocean vessels lengthened to haul more load....they are built way stronger to withstand ocean swells......the 1000 footers can never leave the Great Lakes......they fit through inter-lake locks but not through the St Lawrence locks.....
What skiff were you on?

This one......my first winter aboard she was one year old......state-of-the-art at the time.....BIG skiff.....16,000 Hoss mains....she was still the George A. Stinson back then....

http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/fleet/americanspirit.htm

I track her daily on marinetraffic.com......she left Indiana Harbor at two this morning heading to Superior. I have NEVER seen them run this late before.....lakes usually all hard before now...not this year it seems.....be a short lay-up this season....those boys'll have to work 26 hrs a day when she quits.....both 12 hr shifts will have to work their lunch/dinner breaks...LOL!!!

Here now! RF 5 this morning. White oak is heating the house nice though!
Over to the woods in a bit to get more! lol
Take care everyone!

Good time of year to get some wood out across some low lying areas, plenty of ice now to haul out over. Saws will get some cold weather run time, heated handles are nice at 14F.

This one......my first winter aboard she was one year old......state-of-the-art at the time.....BIG skiff.....16,000 Hoss mains....she was still the George A. Stinson back then....

http://www.boatnerd.com/pictures/fleet/americanspirit.htm

I track her daily on marinetraffic.com......she left Indiana Harbor at two this morning heading to Superior. I have NEVER seen them run this late before.....lakes usually all hard before now...not this year it seems.....be a short lay-up this season....those boys'll have to work 26 hrs a day when she quits.....both 12 hr shifts will have to work their lunch/dinner breaks...LOL!!!
29' of draft loaded.. big *itch.

Latest posts

Back