Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took this thing mostly apart and shined ,polished and greased all electrical connections and did carb cleaning and checked and cleaned the spark screen in the muffler. Didn't really find a "Smoking gun" issue but just went through the whole rig. Need to order parts...the heathen removed the in line fuel filter then wore the brass carb drain screw completely out......flat blade screwdriver won't hardly work...buggered....hate to put it together missing/needing parts so I'll just be patient and continue on it when they come. Might work fine...might not......tyme will tell. But one thing for certain.......brandy new 2200 companion model will be here on Monday. This one will work fine....eventually....I've taken an attitude about it.....probably end up with more in it than if I bought new....meh.....

IMG_0334.jpg IMG_0335.jpg

So........crappy day here...figgered I'd dig into that Honda 2000i. Man I took a lickin' on that one....heathenz been in there before...buggered screws missing AV rubbers, dirt and corruption throughout. Amazing the kept the outside looking so good whilst totally fekkin up the innards. Ordered some new tools to help with this pit bull attack. Diamond coated tiny round files for the female connections, half round diamond coated files for cleaning the tiny male parts of the same connectors and some diamond coated tweezer like files for cleaning both male and female spade connectors.
View attachment 759498
Oooooooo.........shiney!!!!!!!

I never saws these before either but most all 'lectronics today use very tiny plugs and are damn near impossible to clean if they get corrosion......these were not cheep but are just the ticket.....and it seems that I have a number of different connectors that need help on different vehicles and other rigging....had to bring my lighted magnifier to the shop in order to use them accurately.....old eyes...meh...

I never saws these before either but most all 'lectronics today use very tiny plugs and are damn near impossible to clean if they get corrosion......these were not cheep but are just the ticket.....and it seems that I have a number of different connectors that need help on different vehicles and other rigging....had to bring my lighted magnifier to the shop in order to use them accurately.....old eyes...meh...
I’ve been out of electronics so long memory was in Kilobytes......

Name of manufacturer?

20190915_164614_hdr-jpg.759695

241 Ryobi 2.0 for the win !
Makes short work of Snellerized wood :)

Waiting patiently at the shop for muh brandy new genny......fondling the "New to Me" used/abused one to pass some tyme. Decided to drain the gas tank and flush.......hmmmm......what's that rattling around in there?.......Ahhhhh now I see....Damn....the more I go the more there is to rectify. Can't 'magine why this thing didn't run consistently.....the heathen removed the inline fuel filter, which I was already aware but now I find the long filler neck filter has been jammed right down inside the tank.....likely from a gas can.....so that meenz the actual fuel filter was the main jet.....damn heathenz..... Ordered $45 worth of hardware yesterday to replace the missing/buggered screws, filters, missing AV rubbers etc. Gonna be a bonnafided expert on these little rigs before it's ovah.......only a few bolts left in it I ain't taken out.....yet....LOL!! Hondah Adult Education Course....1.10....Only $600 before parts and special toolz!!! Gas tank all flushed and parts reinstalled in the correct order now. Can go no further until more parts arrive.

Waiting patiently at the shop for muh brandy new genny......fondling the "New to Me" used/abused one to pass some tyme. Decided to drain the gas tank and flush.......hmmmm......what's that rattling around in there?.......Ahhhhh now I see....Damn....the more I go the more there is to rectify. Can't 'magine why this thing didn't run consistently.....the heathen removed the inline fuel filter, which I was already aware but now I find the long filler neck filter has been jammed right down inside the tank.....likely from a gas can.....so that meenz the actual fuel filter was the main jet.....damn heathenz..... Ordered $45 worth of hardware yesterday to replace the missing/buggered screws, filters, missing AV rubbers etc. Gonna be a bonnafided expert on these little rigs before it's ovah.......only a few bolts left in it I ain't taken out.....yet....LOL!! Hondah Adult Education Course....1.10....Only $600 before parts and special toolz!!! Gas tank all flushed and parts reinstalled in the correct order now. Can go no further until more parts arrive.

Chance one takes buying used, been there and done that before. First time I was ever took bad was on a 10 hp Evinrude, thing looked brand new and only used in fresh water, would run wide open for about 3 - 4 mins and overheat. Main bearings shot totally, the kind that were bronze and held in place with babbit, then bored and honed to size. That outboard became a boat anchor...LOL, me out $450.

My lovely gas engined air compressor would start on Sat but wouldn`t rev up, would backfire and stall, spent over an hour pulling the carb off, cleaned it up real good but still the same stall out, sparkplug was black n sooty looking, changed that out for one from my generator, worked fine all day Sunday..:)

Well , it blew all around me and Jerry ...
Only busted a spruce top at my house , nuthin at Jerry's .

Only 6 - 7 small poles down on the road into the camp, guys came in on Friday evening and didn`t even need to cut the trees off the road, just toss them aside, rotten fir trees. Nothing down anywhere near the camp.

Looking good Jerry!!! Nice drainage......and support!!! This coming weekend I'll start transporting materials and staging gear out to the island to start renovations on the small camp. Haven't lifted a tap on it in 40 yrs......repairs are now critical. Finally decided I'm going to have to do the project bassackwards as the cedar roof I put on it in 79 has failed. Plan was to jack it up, put new sills and joists under it then move it about 10 feet north and 6 feet east. Then redo the roof as I am changing the roof framing as well. But due to the critical nature of the failed roof I must jack it up and level it where it is then stage it on three sides and basically do away with the whole roof system and reframe the new roof design and sheath it and trim the rakes and eves. Then reroof it.....likely going metal there. The remainder of the deck and sidewall/window work and ,movement be done next year. Be much easier to tear it down and build new but the value is not so much in the building itself as in the right to have it there so a bit harder job but necessary.

Looking good Jerry!!! Nice drainage......and support!!! This coming weekend I'll start transporting materials and staging gear out to the island to start renovations on the small camp. Haven't lifted a tap on it in 40 yrs......repairs are now critical. Finally decided I'm going to have to do the project bassackwards as the cedar roof I put on it in 79 has failed. Plan was to jack it up, put new sills and joists under it then move it about 10 feet north and 6 feet east. Then redo the roof as I am changing the roof framing as well. But due to the critical nature of the failed roof I must jack it up and level it where it is then stage it on three sides and basically do away with the whole roof system and reframe the new roof design and sheath it and trim the rakes and eves. Then reroof it.....likely going metal there. The remainder of the deck and sidewall/window work and ,movement be done next year. Be much easier to tear it down and build new but the value is not so much in the building itself as in the right to have it there so a bit harder job but necessary.

These remote jobs take so much time just getting stuff there, made just a bit easier when I built the road over through the woods to my place. Still takles time but less handling, a load now takes about 3.5 hours from home to the camp travelling cross country through the woods. Getting stuff out to your camp on the island is even more time consuming and takes many trips.

Back