Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.......nice work....
Thanks Unc.......just 'nuther day. That particular door setup was the worst of the bunch to build....well...not the door actually as the door was about the same as the other six but the jamb was a PITA....on the short side jamb with was 7 3/8" wide/deep.....on the tall/hinge side the jamb was 8 3/8" wide/deep. So the transition had to occur in the top two sections of jamb....hard to calculate the pitch/angle not knowing how much I might use up in making the joints...worked out to about 2.2 degreez........that door had to be 5/16" taller than all the rest as well, due to the fact it was inswing and the outside top of the jamb had to line up with the top jamb outswing door 5" to the left of it so the trim would all line up......that's why we call it cu$$tom.....heavy on the cu$$ing at times!!

Rain this morning...should be ending shortly....gotta load up wall brackets, staging planks and a glass ladder and head down to camp today. I 'spect muh skiff is either totally sunk or darn close to it. We've had a LOT of rain since we were there last. Just a quick down and back today.....rain again overnight and tomorrow so this is just a delivery run and skiff rescue. Rain day tomorrow means a saw day at the shop.....got a couple ready to go home this week but have 10 or more waiting attention.....this is the time of year folks want their saws in good order.....taking up a lot of space they be......

Rain this morning...should be ending shortly....gotta load up wall brackets, staging planks and a glass ladder and head down to camp today. I 'spect muh skiff is either totally sunk or darn close to it. We've had a LOT of rain since we were there last. Just a quick down and back today.....rain again overnight and tomorrow so this is just a delivery run and skiff rescue. Rain day tomorrow means a saw day at the shop.....got a couple ready to go home this week but have 10 or more waiting attention.....this is the time of year folks want their saws in good order.....taking up a lot of space they be......
Should be a good trip.......have fun

Rainy Sunday here yesterday. Bride went to Portland shopping with a friend so I was on my own for the day. Shoulda been hard into the 8 cord pile at the shop....shoulda spent the day working on the dozen or more client saws that I need traded for cash. But as it was raining wood cutting was out, the rain also made test running repaired saws a problem, I decided to do something I been putting off for years literally.......evah since I got that big saw Danny made me buy up and running, which caused a near totally repositioning of other machine tools in that area of the shop. That has made a lot of my dust collection duct work in the wrong places or just capped off and an array of hoses run all ovah the place as needed.....really sucked and is time consuming switching **** back and forth. I've been acquiring the needed blast gates, floor sweeps, pipe y's etc. and decided a rainy Sunday without interruption was the correct tyme to get after it. Dust collection sweeps (elbows) are large radius bends and very heavy duty as is the piping. Have not been looking forward to this project. It's always way easier to build a new line rather that tap into or change as existing line. I knew from the start I didn't have all the parts to complete the two lines I had to work on.....but what I was lacking was at the very end of the run so a lot (the hard part) could be accomplished with what I did have on hand.

First order of business was to change the old Unisaw line to connect the Wadkin to. This meant taking down part of that trunk and cutting a few inches from the ceiling run to relocate the down pipe off the wall enough to get in a floor sweep and blast gate and a Y with a 4" line and blast gate to run to the saw. That took a while but was pretty straight forward.

IMG_0409.jpg

That accomplished I was pumped to start the other line......this I had to tap into an existing line, run 4' of straight 6" pipe, put in a 90 degree sweep at 45 degrees down then a 45 degree sweep to get to vertical, a 6" to 5" reducer and a 5" blast gate. From there I needed more stuff but to get it that far took hours. I had what they call a 6" "Saddle Y". This is a half diameter length of pipe with a 45 degree Y. Instead of taking all the existing duct work down to install a conventional Y this allows you simply (?) cut out the fish mouth in the existing duct work, slip the saddle Y over it and rivet it in and make it air tight with alum tape. I also made up metal strap hangers to secure the run to the ceiling joists but was lacking the correct bolts to finish it. So bolts tonight and order the rest of the stuff today to connect to the Unisaw and my other table saw that is hooked to the Unisaw. Wicked PITA but gonna be way better directly......the 6" pipe under the blast gate is just to prop the whole mess up whilst I secured it...be going to 5" from the blast gate on.

IMG_0406.jpg IMG_0407.jpg IMG_0408.jpg IMG_0410.jpg IMG_0411.jpg

Sorry ,,, Not !!!

I may not have known what it was but I can smell a good deal Lol

LOL!!!!! Very nice saw.....use it for much more than I thought I would.....it runs a lot when I working in the shop these daze and therefore really needed to hooked up to the system!! Thanks again!!!

Back