Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you guys are still at it,just thought I'd check in.6 years in April since I hung it up but still pick around on the weekends and get a few requests for tree removal.Some I take and some I refer to a friend who is still logging.
I definitely miss it but was getting hard to make a good living,timber just not there like it was. I did buy a new 261 in November was seriously thinking 462 but what the hell would I do with that,lol.Great to see you guys still out there.

I see you guys are still at it,just thought I'd check in.6 years in April since I hung it up but still pick around on the weekends and get a few requests for tree removal.Some I take and some I refer to a friend who is still logging.
I definitely miss it but was getting hard to make a good living,timber just not there like it was. I did buy a new 261 in November was seriously thinking 462 but what the hell would I do with that,lol.Great to see you guys still out there.

Been a while, we drop by occasionally.

Geeeze!!!! I think the shipping department should hire a carpenter!!!! Who in their right mind would ship a 1000 lb machine in a crate made of 1/4" plywood and
1" x 1"s??? Fortunately the tool survived way better than the crate......not sure how as the crate fell apart before we got it off the pallet jack!!!

IMG_0633.jpg IMG_0634.jpg

Yep pan and box brake.........not usually a big fan of Grizzly stuff but looked around and found numerous brakes with known and unknown names.......all come from the same place as this one......and look the same too.....pretty nice unit so far. Took all the fingers out and cleaned the packing/rustproofing off and realigned. Everything smooth, fair and straight. Been getting by doing all this copper work with my portable 10' siding brake.......have to be pretty tricky doing some stuff!! Good addition to the shop...ain't gotta last forevah as I'm not planning to......

Weighs 860 lbs.....50" wide.....will bend 16g steel at 50"to 135 degrees......bending leaf has removable fingers as well as the clamping leaf so you can up flange and down flange bends.....max box side is 2"........plenty to create joints.....not those kinda Joints Danny.....

Yep pan and box brake.........not usually a big fan of Grizzly stuff but looked around and found numerous brakes with known and unknown names.......all come from the same place as this one......and look the same too.....pretty nice unit so far. Took all the fingers out and cleaned the packing/rustproofing off and realigned. Everything smooth, fair and straight. Been getting by doing all this copper work with my portable 10' siding brake.......have to be pretty tricky doing some stuff!! Good addition to the shop...ain't gotta last forevah as I'm not planning to......

Weighs 860 lbs.....50" wide.....will bend 16g steel at 50"to 135 degrees......bending leaf has removable fingers as well as the clamping leaf so you can up flange and down flange bends.....max box side is 2"........plenty to create joints.....not those kinda Joints Danny.....

If they WERE for those joints......you could use them for self defense!!!!!
No motors or gears so small liability. And maybe replaceable bearings. Or room to bore and press.
And you be doing copper.....

Removeable fingers.......keep them in order. I would think. Easy to check.

Been looking at them. For the farm. And roller and shear.

Not a fan of combo machines for bigger stuff. A small one for lil stuff.

Lots of old iron around here. Shops closing.
Good deals but bitter sweet.

I was looking at the 48”. 16 ga at half width...18 at full width. 300 lbs.
NOT the white one.........lol

If they WERE for those joints......you could use them for self defense!!!!!
No motors or gears so small liability. And maybe replaceable bearings. Or room to bore and press.
And you be doing copper.....

Removeable fingers.......keep them in order. I would think. Easy to check.

Been looking at them. For the farm. And roller and shear.

Not a fan of combo machines for bigger stuff. A small one for lil stuff.

Lots of old iron around here. Shops closing.
Good deals but bitter sweet.

I was looking at the 48”. 16 ga at half width...18 at full width. 300 lbs.
NOT the white one.........lol

Yeah I thought keeping the finger in order might be best. We are dealing with far eastern technology here....

A while back I was looking into a 3-1 machine but stopped in Penn on the way back from Johns and touched them.......and thought better of it. Everything is always a compromise when you are trying to do much...but a small one might be good for some things...

I have no problem with used equipment.......but I have to have a lot of experience with what ever it is.....and I don't have that experience with metal working like I do with woodworking tools so unless I could find a used brake that I could try don't really know enough to not buy something that later I find is toast. Saving grace is there are few moving parts and most are very heavy!!

Nice addition Robin, many moons ago I used a Chicago Diez brake and a 40 ton shear doing deck head installs.
Large machines are crazy.
I was at Seneca Army Depot......during The Cold War.
Built to build anything. You drove past rows of stockpiled machines. Thousands of machine tools.
The fab shop machines were HUGE. I wish I could have known what I know now. I’d have know what I was looking at.

Back