Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the shed I am just using a single pane fro older sliding glass windows, salvaged of course. Made up new sashes for them from this new composite decking materials, basically plastic of some sort that machines really nicely. Not intending on heating the building so single pane will let in the daylight on the SW side of the building and keep out the weather/rain and snow. All the exterior parts will be aluminum cladded anyway , outlast me.
Little camp will be insulated and I have a cheap old cast iron box stove to take out......very small building 12' X 12' but also houses my composting toilet and will house my inverter and battery bank as well as tools and such......will only be a bunk house very occasionally....mostly a utility/shop building......couple sticks of island spruce will bring it right up to temp. It had single glaze windows with combinations but they have gone by and all my used stuff is insulated....Price was right!!

Nice shiny copper, solder sully it up some.
Yep that stuff next to the brake table is real nice....came packed correctly......3 10' X 3" and one 8' X 3' for the shower. I have a scheme where by most of the solder will be invisible on the shower....except on the very bottom but that is covered with teak parkay tiles on a snap together plastic grid......kinda nice actually. There will be some solder involved one the base but the walls are solder free. We'll see how it works out.....pics will follow I'm sure!!
The other copper, 8" X 3' on the brake table came in a different shipment......not so good....I arrived at the shop 5:30 at night and it was laying in the driveway looked for all the world like it just flew off the truck. It was sandwiched between two sheets of chip board but looked like it had been rode hard and put away wet.......not unusable for the roof but at nearly $200.00 a sheet I would have expected more care........but there's a reason yard geeks are yard geeks........

We did a few copper roofs years back on the VOR buildings for our local airport, Stanfield International, all solder seam. Sheets were really beautiful and shiny, all packed really well from the supplier, not so pretty after the install with guys walking all over during install and the solder seams.It all turns green anyway after a spell in the salt air. My first copper work was a big indoor fireplace that the architect wanted a hip roof style built over it. I worked with him to come up with a finish for it, heat it with my acetylene cutting torch, turns beautiful multi colors, finish with crystal shellac..

Not quite yet.....gonna blow this weekend. The Island issued a "stay away" statement to all non residents....long list of who could come and go and why......last sentence said "If you live further away than the Blue Hill Peninsular don't come"....I took that as a nod...LOL! But the reality is I'll go by my own boat and not see or interact anyone while there anyway. Mud season there and dirt roads in both directions so no road traffic. Gonna pull the Seaway out this weekend and get it ready.....registered it a couple weeks back. Gonna try next weekend...maybe 3-4 days if the weather cooperates. Have to set the staging back up and shingle the roof on the small camp I redid last fall......just has 30lb felt and strapping on it now.
May uncover my little vessel this weekend. Still needs lots of fuel circulation to help pull trash out of the tank.

May uncover my little vessel this weekend. Still needs lots of fuel circulation to help pull trash out of the tank.
Be a couple weeks before ice out for me but I will get an earlier start on prepping the boat and engines for the first run of the season. Oil and filters all round, bottom end OMC fluids for the gears, need to replace a piece of glass windshield Starboard side, wash and possibly wax the Bayliner first day its warm enough. My daughters 70 Mercury needs the electric choke looked at, maybe just a bad electrical connection or its seized up, fix or replace as required.

Had an 009 hit my bench tonight. It's a first for me as I've never been into one before or heard one run.

Shows 175 psi and bright blue spark...no pop with prime down the throat hole. Guess I am checking the key on the flywheel to see if the timing is off.

Had an 009 hit my bench tonight. It's a first for me as I've never been into one before or heard one run.

Shows 175 psi and bright blue spark...no pop with prime down the throat hole. Guess I am checking the key on the flywheel to see if the timing is off.
Just don`t take the cylinder off.

Hay Jerry!!! Just violated the cork on this bottle of "Wiggly Bridge"......mmmmmmmmmm….Damn…..this is good ****.....smooth......didn't 'spect much from a Maine Bourbon......was pleasantly surprised......wasn't cheep...….but is good....:cheers:
Rub it in buddy!..:cheers:
I just have poor mans JD but I like it!

Rub it in buddy!..:cheers:
I just have poor mans JD but I like it!
Well was a impulsive 'speriment……..I always drank JD.....and defended it.....and do like it.....howevah.....there are other options.....and in all things alcohol......the more you spend the better it gets...…..Pretty much ALWAYS...…...

Well was a impulsive 'speriment……..I always drank JD.....and defended it.....and do like it.....howevah.....there are other options.....and in all things alcohol......the more you spend the better it gets...…..Pretty much ALWAYS...…...
LOL, I know. Not much of a drinker here, a dram or two at the most any one outing/evening. Wiggl;y Bridge would be tempting if I was in the area but my stock of JD kept growing , havn`t bought any since last Steeroast I was to, 2016 I believe but bottles have not stopped finding their way to my shelves. We were to the LS yesterday to buy up a seasons worth of supplies for the camp, did get some looks and several quips from locals...LOL

The Bride and I just took the dogs for a walk up ovah the mountain.....clear, cool and breezy but good day for a walk. Found a drone....undamaged so I set it in a tree and continued on. On the way back I stopped to look it ovah closer......had like three cameras on it and found that it was regestered and have a "If Found" phone number so the bride called him up....he was pretty tickled and is on his way here to retrieve it.....see Danny......I'm nice too.....

IMG_0808.jpgIMG_0810.jpg

Took down a leaning spruce tree this morning, Dan will have some pics of it.
Yep saw some "Ovah There"......
Drone Pilot just stopped by and picked it. He has an ap on his phone to return it to him but it didn't work and he lost it. Come to find out he's a cook at one of out local watering holes. So he said if things evah get back t normal and the restaurants open again he'll treat us to dinner.....not necessary. But we did figger out what happened to his drone. He was hiking up on the mountain this morning and flying his rig...….his battery was low in his phone so he switched it to the "Battery Saver" mode...….unfortunately when you do this the phone shuts down all non critical functions.....one of them being the GPS feature so the poor lil' whirlybird had no home to go to and just went 'n went 'til it petered out and crashed. The poor guy just got laid off due the restaurant closure so he wasn't pleased to lose such an expensive toy.....he left with a BIG Grin!!!!

The Bride and I just took the dogs for a walk up ovah the mountain.....clear, cool and breezy but good day for a walk. Found a drone....undamaged so I set it in a tree and continued on. On the way back I stopped to look it ovah closer......had like three cameras on it and found that it was regestered and have a "If Found" phone number so the bride called him up....he was pretty tickled and is on his way here to retrieve it.....see Danny......I'm nice too.....

View attachment 809151View attachment 809152
Social distancing remember

Yep saw some "Ovah There"......
Drone Pilot just stopped by and picked it. He has an ap on his phone to return it to him but it didn't work and he lost it. Come to find out he's a cook at one of out local watering holes. So he said if things evah get back t normal and the restaurants open again he'll treat us to dinner.....not necessary. But we did figger out what happened to his drone. He was hiking up on the mountain this morning and flying his rig...….his battery was low in his phone so he switched it to the "Battery Saver" mode...….unfortunately when you do this the phone shuts down all non critical functions.....one of them being the GPS feature so the poor lil' whirlybird had no home to go to and just went 'n went 'til it petered out and crashed. The poor guy just got laid off due the restaurant closure so he wasn't pleased to lose such an expensive toy.....he left with a BIG Grin!!!!
Good Samaritan you.
Had an errand one bout crash into me over in Cali couple years back, rather big un close to 3 feet across, 4 big whirley motor rig with 4 blades on each motor, span of about 8" each set. Was adjacent to a park where some retailers were showing off the goods, seen it coming and sidestepped a couple steps, went whizzing by and smacked into a eucalyptus, plastic bits went flying. Operator showed up all outa breath, seen his rig and began whining bout the cost. Good thing it didn`t hit anyone, cost be much greater.

Latest posts

Back