Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.....how do you like that wooden contraption running from the safety railing to the roof? I coulda sworn I took roof brackets out there last fall but I guess I didn't ……...7 pitch just tad to steep to walk especially with a bit of drizzle added. Just needed something to keep me up there. Even a short fall out there with no one around is not worth the risk at the age I now find myself.

Put it this way, I have worked on and with worse contraptions, on a rope many times as well on 3 story barn style roofs, anchored to my truck bumper, keys in my pocket...LOL

Plastic saws clean up nice.
cd5fb6343e43618e7619c325ab01406a.jpg
772e05d98cbcba57e559ecc92e1508c8.jpg
4852cae54ffe9c26d2665ea90f93a587.jpg
b6ead4289096ab2846614eb02d6c64af.jpg

95 ‘Merican when I left home at noon.....92 at the shop picking up the truck and Seaway..... all the dogs panting... Cantdog too!!

76’Merican and a 10-15 westerly blowing straight in the harbor here at the Haut rock.......mmmmm fresh built moe-hee- toe in muh hand..... mint from the garden..... I’m relaxin’!!!!

95 ‘Merican when I left home at noon.....92 at the shop picking up the truck and Seaway..... all the dogs panting... Cantdog too!!

76’Merican and a 10-15 westerly blowing straight in the harbor here at the Haut rock.......mmmmm fresh built moe-hee- toe in muh hand..... mint from the garden..... I’m relaxin’!!!!
Only 84°F here today. Thunderstorms here now. Hot next week... its setting in.

On the bench now... Hoosky 445... locked up tight in the bottom end. I've got it freed up and it runs... but the bearings are shot...sound like Pitbull if green cans doubled in price...NOISY!!

Pull it down and slam some in.
26cc09c15e404a6d8148c946e4bd7cbc.jpg
dd058ba87136db51316c9d4d0786930f.jpg
2bcabcb04c7aa3560fb2ddc2de9c643d.jpg
f82b1d5d1766af6fdb384095428fc05e.jpg
981418dd7c3b11bf79e369f0cab09278.jpg

Well back from the island. They have put the float in at the park dock and are going to be bringing day trippers starting Monday but ANP has canceled all camping at the campground for this year. So the harbor will be considerably more quiet after 4 pm this summer!! But I think the folks in boats will fill in the blanks pretty much. You've all heard me ***** about idiot flatlander boaters generally anchoring on top of me or getting fouled up in my outhaul when the whole harbor is free.......well as much as is changed this year there stihl some things that don't seem to change........sometimes at the same time...the white buoy between the two black boats is my mooring buoy....Why do they do this? Do they think the harbor is a parking lot and they're 'spose to park a close as possible to the other boats there???

IMG_0981.jpg

Well back from the island. They have put the float in at the park dock and are going to be bringing day trippers starting Monday but ANP has canceled all camping at the campground for this year. So the harbor will be considerably more quiet after 4 pm this summer!! But I think the folks in boats will fill in the blanks pretty much. You've all heard me ***** about idiot flatlander boaters generally anchoring on top of me or getting fouled up in my outhaul when the whole harbor is free.......well as much as is changed this year there stihl some things that don't seem to change........sometimes at the same time...the white buoy between the two black boats is my mooring buoy....Why do they do this? Do they think the harbor is a parking lot and they're 'spose to park a close as possible to the other boats there???

View attachment 837553
I've got nothing.

Funny thing is the tide is high in that pic.....when the water goes away the harbor loses width by probably over 60% and where the boats are there is only about 4-5 feet of depth. My skiff on the outhaul is only about 10 feet from the beach at low tide......can't remember how many sail boats have anchored about where the bigger black boat is and the folks gone ashore hiking only to come back and find their beautiful $300,000.00 + sailboat is laying on it's side........sadly the reason I placed my mooring where I did was that it was not a proper place to anchor for larger vessels so I thought I could be left alone.......
Also to give some definition as to distance and relationships.......the distance from my mooring buoy to the bow of my boat is 20' as that is the length of my double braid pendant.......

Meh, flatlanders!
LOL.....in our local Bangor Daily news paper years ago there was a small cartoon at the bottom of the comics page.....it was a satire/editorial kind of thing. Usually two single frame comics dealing with different things.
Always liked the names of them........they were called "They'll do it every time" and "Grin and Bear it"......that always comes to mind when I have to watch the flatlanders try to be boaters........and shouldn't......and it always seems to involve me some how....

During the summer months we have an influx of non experienced boaters on the waterways, they leave a trail behind them everywhere they go. These pontoon boats are quickly becoming their mode of transport around here, hulls take a good beating and keep floating but the outboards often sustain a good bit of bottom end damage. Many of them don`t know the rules of the roadway when chugging aimlessly about the more restricted areas and channels, best to give em as wide a berth as possible.

Back