Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm .... something cooking here.
18a7526b83dae488f449fe706bb2b950.jpg

LOL....A while back Unc. sent me a few feet of fairly thick heat shrink tubing that is big 'nuff to slide on over a top handle...seems like a good fix!!
That is what this was. 2" tube with 3:1 reduce ratio. I wrapped the OEM handle with 3 layers of heavy electrical tape before the heat shrink went on. That was to smooth some of the sharp edges. Makes the final OD a bit more than OEM. I like the larger OD. Ofcourse I did some paint work before the rubber rehab. I'd like to run it some but she is destined to find a new home.

OEM rubber, I was quoted over $60 for a roll. This was much cheaper and saved a straight OEM handlebar.

This handke was smooth to begin with. All of the new OEM handles I've bought lately are smooth.

I found the shrink stuff gets very slippery when wet, gets wet here most often and in the winter its impossible to keep the handle dry due to snow on gloves and mitts. I like the ribbed handle hose better but yes its expensive.

LOL.....in our local Bangor Daily news paper years ago there was a small cartoon at the bottom of the comics page.....it was a satire/editorial kind of thing. Usually two single frame comics dealing with different things.
Always liked the names of them........they were called "They'll do it every time" and "Grin and Bear it"......that always comes to mind when I have to watch the flatlanders try to be boaters........and shouldn't......and it always seems to involve me some how....
I remember those.
On my lil weekend third shift of 8 people.......the motto about what is left us each weekend
“Disappointed but NOT Surprised.........”

Latest posts

Back