Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROBIN...YOU GOT IT. TIE IT TO THE STUMP FEW LIMBS DOWN THE N WORK UP FROM THE TIP OF THE TREE !
REAL ***** !
Yep that's pretty much the plan.......looks like we will be actually going there for Thanksgiving as usual (Weather Permitting)....I'll be taking a couple saws....good chance of getting one stuck/pinched on that mess!!!!

Triple blow down of yellow pines last weekend... all knotted up together. Last 20' of stem was terrible. Couldn't hardly tell what was going on in there for stresses. Few pinches but wedges and other saws got them down safely. There is one more 12" further up under these two 22". At 6'2 I could walk under the one on the right with minimal bending for an idea of scale.
dcd9f9ad9db391301f43c3a2eb2b82ea.jpg

Apparently they have a bunch of blowdowns around the island......the bride has been observing facebook posts saying anyone attempting to drive around the island better bring their chainsaw as the posters were turned back by trees across the road they couldn't push/pull out of the road with their truck....

LOL!!.........This afternoon a fella stopped by the shop and was wearing a mask due to covid......he knew me.....but I was not sure who the heck he was but was not going to ask....LOL!! Anyway he has a 910E Jonsereds that needs attention.....I think I know who he is but not positive......damn masks....told him to bring it by but I was in and out of the shop this week so if I was not at the shop to leave it in the truck box beside the man door to the shop which I keep there for deliveries and pick ups. Told him to leave his number.....hopefully he'll include his name...LOLOLOL!!! Pretty sure from what he said and what we talked about that we went to school together.......but he looks different 50 years later......LOL!!

LOL!!.........This afternoon a fella stopped by the shop and was wearing a mask due to covid......he knew me.....but I was not sure who the heck he was but was not going to ask....LOL!! Anyway he has a 910E Jonsereds that needs attention.....I think I know who he is but not positive......damn masks....told him to bring it by but I was in and out of the shop this week so if I was not at the shop to leave it in the truck box beside the man door to the shop which I keep there for deliveries and pick ups. Told him to leave his number.....hopefully he'll include his name...LOLOLOL!!! Pretty sure from what he said and what we talked about that we went to school together.......but he looks different 50 years later......LOL!!
With a mask on.

ZZZZZzzzlackazzzz!!! Page III.......

Been busy today....fueled up the boat, checked the drive fluid, went to Ellsworth and got a load of Hoss hay......it's not looking good for hay this year due to the no rain situation we had all summer in this corner of the world...none to be had in Maine, PEI or New Brunswick...the hay I got today came from Penn!!! BIG fuel charge for that!!! Hoss gonna go on a diet I tells ya!!!
Been getting a couple saws ready for the island clean up. I have a 49sp out there but it won't pick up any gas so taking a Tillotson kit for that and taking my old original 49SP.....gave the Stihl RS a touch up. Also taking the 61/268XP....haven't used that for a couple years as I broke the trigger on a job. Bought 10 new triggers off ebay for $10 delivered....obviously China made but a perfect clone of the Swede parts....we'll see how it holds up. Fired that saw up with fresh gas this morning and got into some tree length 16" red oak in the the pile.......damn, that saw makes me grin....love the power!!!

ZZZZZzzzlackazzzz!!! Page III.......

Been busy today....fueled up the boat, checked the drive fluid, went to Ellsworth and got a load of Hoss hay......it's not looking good for hay this year due to the no rain situation we had all summer in this corner of the world...none to be had in Maine, PEI or New Brunswick...the hay I got today came from Penn!!! BIG fuel charge for that!!! Hoss gonna go on a diet I tells ya!!!
Been getting a couple saws ready for the island clean up. I have a 49sp out there but it won't pick up any gas so taking a Tillotson kit for that and taking my old original 49SP.....gave the Stihl RS a touch up. Also taking the 61/268XP....haven't used that for a couple years as I broke the trigger on a job. Bought 10 new triggers off ebay for $10 delivered....obviously China made but a perfect clone of the Swede parts....we'll see how it holds up. Fired that saw up with fresh gas this morning and got into some tree length 16" red oak in the the pile.......damn, that saw makes me grin....love the power!!!
AGREE....RATTLERS OLD PORTED 268 RECENTLY WENT THRU SOME SERIOUS LOGS....LOL..ALL DIFFERENT HARD WOODS. STILL RUNS GREAT! YOU RAN IT DOWN LEES IN FALMOUTH.
OLD BOOB OUT IN OHIO USED TO SAY "AINT HOW IT LOOKS...ITS HOW IT RUNS!"

Got a few saws out today, sharpened some chains and otherwise got them ready for woods duty. Played around with two different 015 carbs, slowly making progress on them, real finnicky lil buggers but got both them from immediately flooding out to at least tuneable when running and will start and idle nicely. Just need to work out why they won`t come up to WOT like I like them to.

Got a few saws out today, sharpened some chains and otherwise got them ready for woods duty. Played around with two different 015 carbs, slowly making progress on them, real finnicky lil buggers but got both them from immediately flooding out to at least tuneable when running and will start and idle nicely. Just need to work out why they won`t come up to WOT like I like them to.
Well you have the best chance of figgering it out.......I've had the same kind of issues with 490/590 carbs.......run alright but some saws you could sit down running and they would run the tank dry idling......others would idle pretty good but not for an extended period.....would eventually fall on their face and then not want to start after.

Well you have the best chance of figgering it out.......I've had the same kind of issues with 490/590 carbs.......run alright but some saws you could sit down running and they would run the tank dry idling......others would idle pretty good but not for an extended period.....would eventually fall on their face and then not want to start after.
I will figure it out, worse than a bulldog when it get it on, won`t stop til it runs right. Worst part about these carbs is parts are NLA. It now holds both vac and pressure, all passages clear but has a strange check valve assembly and circuit plate.

Back