Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got all the good +2 out of that one.
ad34bd45e6ffba2a6c453c32938f6e7d.jpg

Built a rig to remove/install/store my out drive today. Been wanting to make something for quite a while but finally came up with a plan to use my old, rolling motorcycle lift so I can come up behind the drive and jack it up to remove or install and not have to lift the whole thing up and down as it's a pretty awkward thing to hold. This has to be done numerous time when lining up the engine with the drive. This will also be used to store the drive or to work on it....like water pump work etc.

IMG_1448.jpgIMG_1449.jpgIMG_1450.jpg

So....went down the coast and then out onto one of the many "fingers" of land that make up the southern mid coast. They are all narrow peninsulars of land that stick out about 20-30 miles from the mainland with islands and water in between. There are quite a number of these but drove out onto Orr's Island then cross the granite crib bridge to Bailey Island.....the only one in the world they say. It's been there quite a while and hasn't budged. These pics are near high tide......quite a bit more impressive at low water. Made from long rough cut granite "timbers" laid up crib fashion so the ocean can flow through the entire structure everywhere at any time or direction of tide. Plus a passage for boats out to the open ocean. Wide enough for two car/trucks to pass and a walkway on the outside for foot traffic. Pretty cool.

IMG_1458.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1455.jpgIMG_1460.jpg

Latest posts

Back