Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saws still keep piling up here, most I am not buying, they just appear...LOL
5 more in the last 3 months, two of those I have running fine now, two are waiting on parts and one I have yet to look at.
CUZ JERRY...YOU'RE THE SUPER MECH!!
IM CONVINCED...YOU GUYS THAT ARE SO MECHANICALLY BLESSED ARE NATURALS! MY FATHER IS ONE OF THEM. HE SAVED HIS OUTFIT FROM BEING CAPTURED IN THE ARDENNES FOREST DURING WW11, WHEN HE GOT A BROKEN DOWN SHERMAN TANK RUNNING. THEY ALL JUMPED ON THE TANK AND MADE IT BACK TO THE ALLIES LINE.

I like a good mechanical mystery. Many times I encounter one it does not quite respond to commonly accepted treatment, then I have to figure out why. Strange thing though, my dad had no mechanical abilities at all but could shoot a hand grenade out of the air with a 303 Brit.

The carb has been a bit tedious but I won after several teardowns and adjustments. I have two of these 015`s here now, one is the old top handle version, the other an AV model. Both have the same HDC carbs with identical problems. Figured it all out and now the saw work just fine.
JOE AT WORK HAS A REALLY NICE O15 AND IT APPEARS TO MAYBE HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH THE CARB AS YOU DISCRIBE.

JOE AT WORK HAS A REALLY NICE O15 AND IT APPEARS TO MAYBE HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH THE CARB AS YOU DISCRIBE.
I hear this very often about the 015 and its HDC carb, only got two of them a short while ago, both had the same problems . Had a short break from regular job and work so I looked into it and figured out how to fix them, they both work normal again.

Yep about to get to the relocation program......nice in here and the koffee's hot....not any of those things out there!!
Zactly, procrastinating myself, no need to go anywhere til mid afternoon so relocation is not top on my list, will get done when I build up enough internal fortitude.

Relocation program completed........boy, between a near ruined right shoulder and sore, gimpy left hand and a 3/4 ton 5 spd standard trans snow removal was a bit painful........more so than usual anyway......glad only have 5 driveways to do and three of them are mine......the other two are the old fella's shop and house.....both are hard....the house because there is no place to go once you get down in there and no place to put snow. The shop is pretty much the same except for all sorts of **** in the way......old fella's not forward thinking when it comes to snow removal....just leaves boats, tractors, trucks etc where ever they are when he get done using them.....not helpful....but I do the best I can.

I gave up plowing for others , too much hassle for too little return on my time and machines. Many were like the old fella, vehicles, boats , camper trailers etc. left just anywhere they parked them last time used cut down on spots one could push /relocate snow, sure slows up the relocation .

I gave up plowing for others , too much hassle for too little return on my time and machines. Many were like the old fella, vehicles, boats , camper trailers etc. left just anywhere they parked them last time used cut down on spots one could push /relocate snow, sure slows up the relocation .
Yeah me too......just do the old fella's places as I haven't given his truck back yet so it just falls to me to do it...he's actually better off me doing it.....he doesn't go backwards well.....lot of going backwards plowing.....the last year he plowed his drive way he used his 3500 Dodge Cummins 6 spd standard with a dirt body and an old 10 foot Boss plow......lol....he backed ovah every lamp post the whole length of his driveway...6-7 posts flattened.....wife mad.....

Yeah me too......just do the old fella's places as I haven't given his truck back yet so it just falls to me to do it...he's actually better off me doing it.....he doesn't go backwards well.....lot of going backwards plowing.....the last year he plowed his drive way he used his 3500 Dodge Cummins 6 spd standard with a dirt body and an old 10 foot Boss plow......lol....he backed ovah every lamp post the whole length of his driveway...6-7 posts flattened.....wife mad.....
Oh man, that brings back memories, learned to never loan a plow truck even to a good friend, that cost me more than $500. out of pocket and 9 hours labor to repair the damage...LOL

YAH QUIT PLOWING FOR OTHERS TOO YEARS AGO. GOT TIRED OF THE FUSSING AND BROKEN BALL JOINTS WITH SO LITTLE RETURN.
SOME CLEANUP TODAY AND NO WORK AT THE YARD. TOMORROW THOUGH THE PHONE WILL BE RINGING OFF THE HOOK FOR FIREWOOD. CITY PEOPLE WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE.

So......this is for Rob's Mom........a kindred spirit I nevah met.......A toast to MOM!! "May the tide always be high, the grass always green, and your journey from this veil of tears be swift and enjoyable into the next iteration of your journey" Slainte!!!!.........IMG_1238.jpg

Back