Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cow!!! Page NINE ALERT!!!!!! Don't think I've seen this thread so far back in history......Thought I might have get the Delorean out to even find it!!!!
upper A
Sent a venerable 910E out the door last week.....in for repairs. Thorough cleaning, new rope, new switch, new clutch, new rim drive, new (used) top handle, top handle mount strut and top handle upper AV rubber mount, new muffler bolts and bolt retainer and various bolt replacement where someone had used the wrong length bolts here and there....nice old saw used for firewood fitting in the yard....many hours left in that one....

I only managed 7 rebuilds this winter, three of them from the crank up the others many parts each with some new OEM piston and cylinder sets, ported 3 different saws and did one cylinder for a fellow member. Since the snow left I have been involved with many outdoor activities.

I treated the old truck to a brandy new set of non studded summah snow tires on muh shiny summah rims too!!!

View attachment 899519View attachment 899520
Have the same shoes on my new work truck. They aren't as smooth as my Michelin's but they aren't bad. Will see how they wear. I have a feeling with the diesel they won't last like I hope.

Seasonal tire changes.... sounds like a lot of work. I guess we do it down here too except its for hunting season.
Yeah it is......and expensive too. $100.00+ just to swap tires and balance. I keep two set of rims for all our vehicles.....nicer ones for summah and most beat ones for my winta tires.......that way I can just rotate them out when I want. And that's not cheep either but I don't have to involve anyone else.

Yeah it is......and expensive too. $100.00+ just to swap tires and balance. I keep two set of rims for all our vehicles.....nicer ones for summah and most beat ones for my winta tires.......that way I can just rotate them out when I want. And that's not cheep either but I don't have to involve anyone else.
Only way to roll with changing them twice a year. Got my Michliens on and Cooper snow tires stored away, get a few months of running on the new all seasons before the change over this fall. Mud season just about dried up, might get extended if we get any amount of rain, hope not.Boats are next to get serviced.

This turd brought more excitement selling than anything I've listed in quite a while. Did not last an hour. Got almost new price for a 14 year old pice of junk.
5b916ad4ec26a11a7e160faf0741d0a9.jpg
4a40850fd9b98dc1acdd0c1f73c8ff2c.jpg

Yep.......you 'memba what that famous fella said 'bout "One being born every minute"?.........seen old junk sell for near new prices at many tool auctions, ebay etc. Nothing like a good "bidding frenzy" to get the price up there!!
You did clean it up nice Jimmy....that certainly didn't hurt!!

Its a Stihl, what did you expect.!
Yep.......you 'memba what that famous fella said 'bout "One being born every minute"?.........seen old junk sell for near new prices at many tool auctions, ebay etc. Nothing like a good "bidding frenzy" to get the price up there!!
You did clean it up nice Jimmy....that certainly didn't hurt!!
I've got another one of them in the pile somewhere. I'll be going through it next!

Back