• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Swamp Loggers Canceled

NIP Group
c5rulz

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's too bad.

Seemed pretty realistic regarding the logging. :msp_thumbup: I could do without the truckers though.:msp_thumbdn:

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
That's a shame. I liked watching how they did stuff down there. It's way different from what we do out here and I thought it was the best out of all the logging shows.

Farm Boy

Farm Boy

ArboristSite Operative
Without all the cameras in the way, they'll probably make more money too. I enjoyed the show, oh what I could do with a feller-buncher :laugh:

jrr344

jrr344

Addicted to ArboristSite
Without all the cameras in the way, they'll probably make more money too. I enjoyed the show, oh what I could do with a feller-buncher :laugh:
I wonder how much they make being on them shows, seems like the first season of all these reality shows they are driving old trucks and old machinery, then by the second season they have all new trucks and buying new machines.

Dennis Gauge

Dennis Gauge

ArboristSite Operative
The Discovery money was probably keeping the business afloat during the economic downturn more than anything.

For the record, Bobby only "bought" ONE new piece of equipment through the run of the show. That was a bogey skidder, and I'm not even sure he kept that because the bogey skidder they were using in the last season looks just as clapped out as the old one.

All the other equipment he bought was used.

The only person that got a new truck through the run was Joy.

Bobby and Justin have been driving shiny new pickups right from Day 1...

For all the crying poverty that Bobby does, he sure has a nice house on a nice piece of property.

Dons kids

Dons kids

ArboristSite Lurker
Great show, seemed like for the most part a down to earth crew and owner. They must not have had enough fights and their language wasn't bad enough for today's reality show. I will miss it.

Last edited:
banshee67

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
For all the crying poverty that Bobby does, he sure has a nice house on a nice piece of property.

I think thats more hype for the show than it is reality.
They'd always say they "need" 100 loads.. then a few seasons later he mentioned that 75 loads was the break even mark.. when for the first season or 2 it seemed like 100 was the break even mark the way they made it look.

Either way, im sure he worked hard for that nice piece of property and house.
They also seem like great people, him, his family and the whole crew just really seem like genuinely honest, nice caring people (except that old truck driver who would show up on weekends and steal loads).

Jkebxjunke

Jkebxjunke

*Politically Incorrect*
one thing .. Bobby is a 4th generation logger... which means they have been in business for many many years... I am sure in the past they had good times which allowed them to have a nice house. but it really doesn't look extravagant.

now did anyone see the axmen episode where Dave went to Gabes house to pick up some money ( and Gabes mustang) ? looks like he had a rather nice house too... but you know what.. he is the owner and boss... so what he can spend his money how he wants.

GRTimberCO

GRTimberCO

ArboristSite Operative
I wonder how much they make being on them shows, seems like the first season of all these reality shows they are driving old trucks and old machinery, then by the second season they have all new trucks and buying new machines.

The word is $12,000 an episode to Goodson Logging. That's 4th hand gossip from Bobby I guess.

c5rulz

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
The word is $12,000 an episode to Goodson Logging. That's 4th hand gossip from Bobby I guess.
Well if that is true, then it makes sense why so many of these "reality" shows are being put on the air. That is 1-5% of what a normal TV show costs to produce. In this case of Swamp Loggers it's money well spent, Ax men, not so much.

Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's too bad, but the reality of it is if you saw one episode, you saw all of them...I think that's why it is going away.
It IS sad that there's 3 pawn shop shows, 4 storage unit snipe shows, and a show about cupcakes that remain on the air..