• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Swamp Loggers Canceled

banshee67

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
It's too bad, but the reality of it is if you saw one episode, you saw all of them...I think that's why it is going away.
that pretty much sums it up in my opinion
i mean how many different things can go on during a day of running machines in a swamp?
they tried their best with the 'we're gona go broke this week' drama
barbeque events
truckers arguing amongst themselves
rain
drama with corbit
health issues
something breaking every episode
new machinery expos
rain
etc

only so much they can use to fill a 40 min time slot

gink595

gink595

Banned
Well that Farking blows. I watched all of them on netflix and was looking forward to the new seasons. i can't get into the other ones, just to much hype BS and all the fake deadlines drama. It was interesting watching the skidders in the swamps. They always cancel the good shows:angry:

Dalmatian90

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's too bad, but the reality of it is if you saw one episode, you saw all of them...I think that's why it is going away.
Old's got it pretty right on that.

I liked the show, but they could've covered it soup to nuts in a single six episode run!

I'd love to see something like a six episode series on horse logging in hardwoods. Not sure what else is out there, we've gotten pulpwood, pacific northwest, and idiots in wetsuits covered already.

NIP Group
tawilson

tawilson

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
Old's got it pretty right on that.

I liked the show, but they could've covered it soup to nuts in a single six episode run!

I'd love to see something like a six episode series on horse logging in hardwoods. Not sure what else is out there, we've gotten pulpwood, pacific northwest, and idiots in wetsuits covered already.
I've lost track of them all but I remember seeing a couple shows about horse logging a few years ago. Maybe someone out there who still has a functioning memory can provide details.

Dennis Gauge

Dennis Gauge

ArboristSite Operative
There was a horse logging crew that appeared twice on Discovery.

First time was on Dirty Jobs.

Second time was on a mini series Extreme Loggers. I think they got two episodes dedicated to them, and they pretty much showed the whole shebang.

Really nothing there to make a series from unless the mules stand up on their hind legs and sing show tunes.

D&B Mack

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Website
www.aarconinc.com
I loved Swamp Loggers, never missed an episode, even if it was a re-run.

However,

If a beautiful steam locomotive comes through town, a few people may talk about it. But if an average Norfolk Southern freight train comes through and wrecks, the whole town talks about it. And that is what we have here. Look at the thread lengths between Ax Men and Swamp Loggers.

My hobby is shooting. Look at those shows, the "train wreck" series are the ones that keep on going. The factually correct shows are here and gone in no time.

DanManofStihl

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Website
Visit site
The Discovery money was probably keeping the business afloat during the economic downturn more than anything.

For the record, Bobby only "bought" ONE new piece of equipment through the run of the show. That was a bogey skidder, and I'm not even sure he kept that because the bogey skidder they were using in the last season looks just as clapped out as the old one.

All the other equipment he bought was used.

The only person that got a new truck through the run was Joy.

Bobby and Justin have been driving shiny new pickups right from Day 1...

For all the crying poverty that Bobby does, he sure has a nice house on a nice piece of property.
'

He got a couple of new pieces of equipment he bought the bogey skidder new and there towards the end of the run he bought a brand new 4wd custom service truck . Joy didn't get a new truck she got Ejs truck when he quit. When the show first started Bobby was driving a 2000ish Charcoal ford power stroke and now he has a 08+ white powerstroke.

csx7006

csx7006

BNSF Amarillo Division Railfan
I loved Swamp Loggers, never missed an episode, even if it was a re-run.

However,

If a beautiful steam locomotive comes through town, a few people may talk about it. But if an average Norfolk Southern freight train comes through and wrecks, the whole town talks about it. And that is what we have here. Look at the thread lengths between Ax Men and Swamp Loggers.

My hobby is shooting. Look at those shows, the "train wreck" series are the ones that keep on going. The factually correct shows are here and gone in no time.
Yep but its CSX instead of NS that wrecks

headleyj

headleyj

ArboristSite Guru
What I liked about Swamp Loggers is I could watch it with my 5yo son without worry of seeing cussing, throwing a fit or literally fists flying. I joined their fan forum years ago and have seen each episode. My son even wanted a "Monster Truck Skidder" "like Bobby's" he said...so we made him one out of his toys.

I wrote Discovery several times, no response. I truly hope another network picks the show up soon. It showed what; hard work is, pressures owning a business puts on you, happens to a small company when the economy turns south, etc. REAL LIFE STRUGGLES I guess you could say.

I will sorely miss that show but will still wear my Goodson "Tree Hugger" shirt with pride :cool2:

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
Bobby and his family appeared to be good Christian people, I'm sure they were the number 1 target of the network for cancellation. Had they fought, drank, cussed, and acted like idiots they would still be on the air.

Fedaburger

Fedaburger

ArboristSite Operative
My wife calls us dorks and tree huggers. Lol maybe we are and maybe were not. I'd like to think of us as hard workin simple minded people that enjoy the company of other hard working simple minded people. I enjoy the silence of a forest! If that's wierd then I'm a nut job. The younger generations are not simple minded and that's who the t.v's are focused on. I haven't seen the show but sounds like a good one.

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
My wife calls us dorks and tree huggers. Lol maybe we are and maybe were not. I'd like to think of us as hard workin simple minded people that enjoy the company of other hard working simple minded people. I enjoy the silence of a forest! If that's wierd then I'm a nut job. The younger generations are not simple minded and that's who the t.v's are focused on. I haven't seen the show but sounds like a good one.
It used to be....

total_green

total_green

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
the only time i get to catch such great shows be it axmen swamp loggers etc is via the web as i am in scotland,hope they find something else along the same work line :msp_sad:
We don't get it either here in the States. Maybe next winter someone will feel sorry for us. You can look at it this way, at least you have that beautiful countryside to look at!

shokidq

shokidq

ArboristSite Operative
Website
www.logsnstuff.com
the only time i get to catch such great shows be it axmen swamp loggers etc is via the web as i am in scotland,hope they find something else along the same work line :msp_sad:
Wednesday night 10pm on history channel for UK viewers, maybe the next show will be tree planting it is a growth industry after all.

as to showing everything in a 6 episode season they managed to drag deadliest catch for how many seasons now just introduce drugs, swearing backstabbing antics and you have a hit show.
I'd go for an international show demonstrating different countries tactics to log similar ground, could be interesting.

Marc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Bummed to hear about this. It was my second favorite logging show next to the single season "Heli Loggers" that ran on TLC a few years back.

If only someone could do a show mostly around cutting and didn't involve Thom Beers I'd be happy. Probably wouldn't make enough money.

I really liked Heli Loggers. Can't even get it on DVD. Hopefully it'll be online somewhere, sometime.