Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made the mistake of reading Cliff's History of Bow Saws thread, and am now on the hunt for a bow bar to fit my Skil 1641 (Poulan 3400 rebadge). Also if anyone has a beat up (but serviceable) clutch cover for a 3400 that would be a bonus, as I would prefer to not have to notch the one on this low hour Skil.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I made the mistake of reading Cliff's History of Bow Saws thread, and am now on the hunt for a bow bar to fit my Skil 1641 (Poulan 3400 rebadge). Also if anyone has a beat up (but serviceable) clutch cover for a 3400 that would be a bonus, as I would prefer to not have to notch the one on this low hour Skil.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I have what you are looking for in faded green.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Do you realize you also have to notch the case to mount a bow to that saw? Just sayin......

I might add that if I was lookin to put a bow on something,I would be looking for a bigger saw. Bowbars like lots of power behind them.

Last edited:
I have what you are looking for in faded green.

Thanks. Can you PM me the details?

Do you realize you also have to notch the case to mount a bow to that saw? Just sayin......

I might add that if I was lookin to put a bow on something,I would be looking for a bigger saw. Bowbars like lots of power behind them.

No. Obviously I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have worried about only the clutch cover.

So all of those 3400/ 3700's with bows on them were pointless? Interesting?

Its not a saw but trying to upgrade the power on our new 24" bandmill with this ch18- s kohler command twin. Needs a new closure plate for the crankcase. The one that's on it now is wallered out. Most of the CH series v twins have the same one. Got lots to trade or greenbacks.

For a Compatible model list click here... http://www.ereplacementparts.com/plate-closure-bearing-p-594758.html
Sent from my M865C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Here's a pic .
usemu9u9.jpg

Sent from my M865C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks,

Jonathan

No. Obviously I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have worried about only the clutch cover.

Jon I've been thinking about these very points (having to notch the case, and the power sapping nature of bows) since we last talked about putting a bow on that Skil. I'm thinking that you'd be better off keeping the Skil a 'straight' bar saw (you can have the 16" bar I mentioned), and finding you something else to put a bow on. Heck, we could put a bow on that SXL-AO. I've got a few crappy XL-12/SXL clutch covers that I wouldn't mind letting get notched. I have my own bow equipped SXL-AO that is waiting it's turn in the project line as well. A 4200-8500 Poulan or XL-800/900 series Homelite would be a good saw to set up with a bow, as they certainly have the nuts to pull 'em. Same with a C-series Homelite. I've got this good running 2nd C-5 laying around (with an intact but ugly clutch cover installed to replace the gear drive cover that WAS on it) and....:D

Jon I've been thinking about these very points (having to notch the case, and the power sapping nature of bows) since we last talked about putting a bow on that Skil. I'm thinking that you'd be better off keeping the Skil a 'straight' bar saw (you can have the 16" bar I mentioned), and finding you something else to put a bow on. Heck, we could put a bow on that SXL-AO. I've got a few crappy XL-12/SXL clutch covers that I wouldn't mind letting get notched. I have my own bow equipped SXL-AO that is waiting it's turn in the project line as well. A 4200-8500 Poulan or XL-800/900 series Homelite would be a good saw to set up with a bow, as they certainly have the nuts to pull 'em. Same with a C-series Homelite. I've got this good running 2nd C-5 laying around (with an intact but ugly clutch cover installed to replace the gear drive cover that WAS on it) and....:D

I can fix him up with a C-9 ? LOL Shipping would sure suck ! LOL Got 2 of them ! He would have to find a bow for it.

Thanks for the sage advice Aaron. That Skil is really nice the way it is, and I'll definitely take you up on that 16" bar. However you can go ahead, and hang onto that C-5 that used to have a Gear Drive, as the shipping was only one way.........LOL!!! I'm thinking the Solo 670 I have might make a good candidate for a bow bar. Thoughts?

I can fix him up with a C-9 ? LOL Shipping would sure suck ! LOL Got 2 of them ! He would have to find a bow for it.

A C-9 huh? I think I'll pass on that, and save myself further back problems. In fact, you should probably just send them to Aaron, he's about the only guy I know that can tote them around. Well, Jerry Myers could too, I suppose. Besides, that 112 Dolly you sent me is more than generous.:msp_sneaky:

I have a husqvarna L65 and a 61 the 61 was a parts saw and id basically a case and a good tank. The 65 i found in my grandfathers tool shed itll fire off and run if you spray mix into the carb but i havent really looked into what it needs i can get pics tomorrow looking for any stihl project saws or a jug and piston for a ms361

Thanks. Can you PM me the details?

Liu

No, don't be silly, not pointless, just pointing out something maybe you didn't know. 55cc is a little light in the britches is all.

No, don't be silly, not pointless, just pointing out something maybe you didn't know. 55cc is a little light in the britches is all.

So where would you say the "cutoff" is for the low side? 65-70cc's? Would my Solo 670 be a good candidate then? I have my PM 800, but it's really pristine, and the idea of cutting on it is less than appealing.

View attachment 296977

View attachment 296978

Latest posts

Back