Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a husqvarna L65 and a 61 the 61 was a parts saw and id basically a case and a good tank. The 65 i found in my grandfathers tool shed itll fire off and run if you spray mix into the carb but i havent really looked into what it needs i can get pics tomorrow looking for any stihl project saws or a jug and piston for a ms361

C_silva88, I have a few piles of stihl saws and one complete saw. Im gonna PM ya some details.

Thanks for the sage advice Aaron. That Skil is really nice the way it is, and I'll definitely take you up on that 16" bar. However you can go ahead, and hang onto that C-5 that used to have a Gear Drive, as the shipping was only one way.........LOL!!! I'm thinking the Solo 670 I have might make a good candidate for a bow bar. Thoughts?

A C-9 huh? I think I'll pass on that, and save myself further back problems. In fact, you should probably just send them to Aaron, he's about the only guy I know that can tote them around. Well, Jerry Myers could too, I suppose. Besides, that 112 Dolly you sent me is more than generous.:msp_sneaky:

I haven't ran a Solo 670. Oughta be enough to run a bow though. You'd most likely have to cut that clutch cover and maybe the case on that saw too however. I have no experience with bow bars on 'modern' saws. I'd like to have a C-9. Don't NEED one however. Would be a good bowsaw.....

I haven't ran a Solo 670. Oughta be enough to run a bow though. You'd most likely have to cut that clutch cover and maybe the case on that saw too however. I have no experience with bow bars on 'modern' saws. I'd like to have a C-9. Don't NEED one however. Would be a good bowsaw.....

This is strictly about want, and I'd prefer you keep N##D out of this.............LOL!!!

So where would you say the "cutoff" is for the low side? 65-70cc's? Would my Solo 670 be a good candidate then? I have my PM 800, but it's really pristine, and the idea of cutting on it is less than appealing.

View attachment 296977

View attachment 296978

In my limited experience with Solo, I'm not sure there good for much.LOL.

IMHO, bow bars are all American and should be fitted to American saws. That Mac should handle one ok.

I'm not making it to Bob's unfortunately...:(

Maybe...I have two Wacker "jumping jacks" that nobody seems to want...and they're a solid 165lbs each.

If it wouldn't cost me a kidney for shipping, I'd get one from ya. I have many the hour hopping around on one of them around foundations.

They're handy. . . Plate compactors too.

This unit isn't that heavy, and I reckon it's kinda old. I'll email ya some pics when its not raining on us like we're in Cambodia. :msp_angry:

Back