Swedish Candle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting for sure, I'd worry about CO ingress with that method, not sure I'd try that. Rather just wear wool undergarments.

That axe appears to be an old Swedish collared axe. I have one that I'm currently restoring. It's roughly 100 years old, a Hults Bruk 3.1 lb "Norbottens" pattern:

NLHmPOt.jpg

As long as the pipe is below the fire, no CO will enter the tent. I have been watching his videos and he is very skilled in bushcraft. Most of his videos contain things I doubt most would try anyways lol....like building a kayak from saplings and clear plastic wrap.

As long as the pipe is below the fire, no CO will enter the tent. I have been watching his videos and he is very skilled in bushcraft. Most of his videos contain things I doubt most would try anyways lol....like building a kayak from saplings and clear plastic wrap.

That makes sense. I only err on the side of caution in a situation of unknown. I'm a fan of the Dakota fire hole or "invisible fire" for bushcraft. Won't keep your tent warm, but in cold weather, for me at least, the challenge is trying to not sweat. I run very hot and can overheat even sitting still if not careful. The only things I have to keep warm really are my extremities, fingers, toes, nose, ears, etc.

Latest posts

Back