• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Swedish dynamic cabling system

adam

ArboristSite Operative
Hi, guys
could you help me find some info on Swedish dynamic cable system (similar to Cobra)? I've found it once on a website with some sophisticated belts and full body harnesses...sorry for post in english, I hope you don't mind.
Adam

treeseer

treeseer

Advocatus Pro Arbora
Website
www.historictreecare.com
(WLL)

(WLL)

Banned
make sense, since GEFA includes dyneema rope, HMWPE, same as "spectra", used in cobra static and treesave. adam
are u sure they use spectra, seems like pollypro. i also thought spectra brakes down under uv light making it a poor choice for outdoor use.

adam

ArboristSite Operative
spectra

that what they say, "spectra" and "dyneema" are the same : GEFA has a "dyneema" option (thanks again, Norwayclimber!). Treesave system has "spectra" 10/20 option and Cobra static - "dyneema". Ropes are made of "high molecular weight polyethylene", pardon my french. Lifespan of "cobra" dynamic system is 12 years, static...?

Norwayclimber

Norwayclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Website
www.trefellern.no
Sorry about my absence, but I’ve now had time to do some more research on the Gefa system. (I left for my sisters wedding 5 min after I posted my first post, so I didn’t really have time to read all the stuff inn the catalogue.)

From reading in my paper catalog the GEFA system is a system with dynamic ropes (not dyneema as this is a full static rope/webbing). This means you don’t have to add a dynamic component (like the rubber “dilldo” in the Cobra system) to the system. Just secure the ropes to the belts.

The GEFA comes inn two different dynamic makes, one that stretches up to 5% and one that stretches up to 20%. The ropes are made to hold loads of 2, 4, 7 or 10 tons. There is an indicationthread woven inn that breaks if the rope is loaded more than 80% of its estimated loadcapacity.

There is also one rope that is made of dyneema, but this one is static. It holds 14 tons, but stretches only 2%.

As for the “skogma.se” page, if you write “gefa” in the slot up to the right, you’ll get up belts, ropes and all the other stuff.

adam

ArboristSite Operative
gefa

hi, Norwayclimber and thanks for the info. looks like gefa system has many advantages over cobra...and really important ones, not only lack of this idiotic "black rubber cigar-shaped object and a little tube of soap". A

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Fresco in MN has a system called TreeGuard, or Guardian or something like that that is pretty reasonable. It is a hollowcore rope system and web tubing.

One problem in the US with cordage and fabric is that the tariffs are pretty steep.

adam

ArboristSite Operative
guardian

there is "guardian bracing system" on freso website, but "no product available in this category"...

skogsmats

skogsmats

ArboristSite Lurker
Hi, guys
could you help me find some info on Swedish dynamic cable system (similar to Cobra)? I've found it once on a website with some sophisticated belts and full body harnesses...sorry for post in english, I hope you don't mind.
Adam
You might look att www.cresto.se about the saddles anyway. An another dealer forrestry eq is www.skogma.se.

skogsmats

Last edited:
Xerxses

Xerxses

Hi, guys
Adam
This stuff used to be sold by "Svensk Trädvård AB", They no longer sell the stuff.
The company is reconstructed and is a retailer of Germanybased company "Freeworker", i think.
Saddles are sold nowdays by Cresto and the Treecabling is similar to Gefa...
//Xerxses

AKKAMAAN

AKKAMAAN

ArboristSite Guru
Website
www.akkamaan.com
Hi, guys
Adam
Try this company, they custom make all kinds of safety gear, like harnessess and climbing gear

OLYMPIC SYNTHETIC PRODUCTS, INC.