Sweet lil drop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l2edneck said:
I made 125.00 to cut and haul away.Took aproximatley 1/2 hour.Now i have to replace with something that wont grow into eaves.So nice lil pocket change fer me.(First cut since i gutted the 4400)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCUs9WDxGdI

Its always nice to make money, but palms have a small root system and even huge ones are easily moved around and transplanted. You've probably seen this. I landscaper probably would have taken it for free, and you could have gotten a source of referals worth way more than $150.

gotta like those jobs. Quick and easy. Owner seem happy (clapping).

This job reminds me of a bradford pear we did one day. Charged $300, took about hour and half.

We had just finished a half day job (in 3 days). We rented a vermeer 1000 for that job. So we took it to do the bradford, tree was in front yard, whole dropped right by street pulled chipper up and wam bam thank you ma'am. This job was a breath of fresh air and helped to recover lost time and rental on the chipper. We need a break every once in a while. We work hard enough dont we?

Is that how it looked or did you strip it down prior?

Around these parts a palm like that you could attempt to give it away but in reality the cost of a new one would be cheaper than the dramas of transplanting (hauling it etc). Dime a dozen here.

Often I get people ringing wanting to sell me their palms, then how about you take them for free and make your money when you sell them etc....

I just suggest they try landscapers and if unsuccessful call back as we remove them permanently with chainsaws and stump grinders. Species and size is important, that looked like a run of the mill washingtonia.

Big house that the old lady had.

Ekka said:
Is that how it looked or did you strip it down prior?

Around these parts a palm like that you could attempt to give it away but in reality the cost of a new one would be cheaper than the dramas of transplanting (hauling it etc). Dime a dozen here.

Often I get people ringing wanting to sell me their palms, then how about you take them for free and make your money when you sell them etc....

I just suggest they try landscapers and if unsuccessful call back as we remove them permanently with chainsaws and stump grinders. Species and size is important, that looked like a run of the mill washingtonia.

Big house that the old lady had.

You're right--the value is all in the labor. When I lived in Seattle, WA, an arborist started a newsletter that highlighted tree butchery by nitwits and listed small trees and large shrubs that people were giving away if you wanted to come and dig them. Quite a few valuable plants were "saved". Of course, they are only worth something delivered and planted.

I landscaper probably would have taken it for free

I can buy em all day 75$ w/boots 95$ w/out boots.The only ones worth selling are the pheonix anythings.

That was a regular cabbage.They grow wild.

Maybe no PPE but it's awesome that you are looking out for the customer. They can get in your way, or put themselves in danger, even when you're constantly telling them "could you back up please", or "please stay out of the drop zone, wouldn't want you getting hurt".

TreeCo said:
It's nice that your girl friend tags along.:heart:

:ices_rofl: :clap:

Oh that was great, you have to pay that one.

Hey, what's the deal buying stuff woth or without boots? WTF is a boot? (on a plant that is)

Now go and spend the 125 on some PPE,it's guys like you that keep our insurance high and make our image look bad..

Latest posts

Back