• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sweet Makita 6421 hurry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@AaronH your examples.sound great and all, but are on the total opposite side of this ad, neither is the norm.
As hunter and Dahmer stated they don't come up often and when they do you better be there when it happens or know someone.
Hunter to keep it positive, whenever someone comes at me with a deal that; just won't last, is selling for way less that the rest, has a description that doesn't match what pictures show, something doesn't seem just right to me, people don't do what they say they will, I'm positive I will ask many questions and be skeptical and the seller will have to convince me that my feelings are wrong. That being said this ad doesn't fit all those criteria, but still has unanswered questions. I'm here to watch what happens as I have a 6401 that looks like it has similar wear on it and I was curious as to what kind of money they go for ;).
I also don't look at these as a 60cc + saw, but one with great potential to become a beast with a great power to weight ratio.
Inquiring minds want to know.

One thing I would like to see is a picture of the front of the saw showing the left dawg better, looks a good bit different, is that normal on these?

@AaronH your examples.sound great and all, but are on the total opposite side of this ad, neither is the norm.
As hunter and Dahmer stated they don't come up often and when they do you better be there when it happens or know someone.
Hunter to keep it positive, whenever someone comes at me with a deal that; just won't last, is selling for way less that the rest, has a description that doesn't match what pictures show, something doesn't seem just right to me, people don't do what they say they will, I'm positive I will ask many questions and be skeptical and the seller will have to convince me that my feelings are wrong. That being said this ad doesn't fit all those criteria, but still has unanswered questions. I'm here to watch what happens as I have a 6401 that looks like it has similar wear on it and I was curious as to what kind of money they go for ;).
I also don't look at these as a 60cc + saw, but one with great potential to become a beast with a great power to weight ratio.

One thing I would like to see is a picture of the front of the saw showing the left dawg better, looks a good bit different, is that normal on these?

I have to agree with you, I have tried to buy these saws from HD and zero luck. To buy a bunch of them for $5-$10 each is amazing. A used air filter cover is $20 ballpark. I love my blue beast and would like to find it a playmate.

Well, the last 6421 I had left my place and I didn't get a dime for it. But, someone in great need did end up with about 5850 dollars instead

Nevertheless here are the bar pics, and again I am quoting the sellers story, I have 2 big Dollys that need parts,I don't scare if it does not sell. so I can say it runs perfect and I have seen the Home Depot saws and the have plenty of wear on the bars this one has very little and 425 is a smoking good deal because 50 is for shipping. To the guy who gets them for 5 bucks, you must have millions of dollars because just the starter alone sells for 90 bucks. Whatever.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
Nevertheless here are the bar pics, and again I am quoting the sellers story, I have 2 big Dollys that need parts,I don't scare if it does not sell. so I can say it runs perfect and I have seen the Home Depot saws and the have plenty of wear on the bars this one has very little and 425 is a smoking good deal because 50 is for shipping. To the guy who gets them for 5 bucks, you must have millions of dollars because just the starter alone sells for 90 bucks. Whatever.
Very little? Do you realize when new, that bar was light gray, as in the color of an Oregon bar, with Makita written on it in script. I'm not saying the saw definitely isn't in good shape mechanically. You just can't tell from the way it looks. It was most certainly a Home Depot rental saw. Some are good, some not so much, but it definitely has seen its fair share of use. Not just 2 trees. I bought my 6421 from HD, and they let me bring in my compression tester before I bought it. It needed some carb work, and they wouldn't let me take it until it was fixed. I told them I could fix it myself, but they insisted. So, I got a saw with 150+ psi compression, a new carb, and bar cover for $280. Its very unlikely you'll sell that saw for what you're asking for it because everyone on here knows exactly how much HD rental saws sell for. Plus, everyone knows not to buy a saw without checking the internals first. Lower it to a fair price, with pics of the P&C, and compression readings, and you may have a chance. Otherwise, people are not going to take you seriously.

That chain has rental written all over it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the dawgs.

image.jpg Here's one with more hours and I think that my price is a good deal, I give 90 days warranty on all my stuff I sell. I didn't offer it here, it's kinda hard if you are across the country, but I Shure as hell would give someone their money back if they weren't happy. Also these don't really need any mods, except I make spacers to put a Stihl bar and chain on them. I like how they cut...jmo, I'd do 550 with a new 25" Stihl ES German bar and a rs half skip. Makes one hell of a workhorse, and 200 less than a 362 and no strato-charging to worry about leaning out. All it takes is a crumb to get in this Reed valve and poof- there goes 600 bucks. Sure it's light and has .1 more HP, but they haven't proven reliability to me..jmo, Chuck 9717084936
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...y=42226&pm=1&ds=0&t=1505246588191&cspheader=1

image.jpg Thanks Timber Wolf, I guess I was BS'ed, I have got 2 other Dolmar saws from them and they checked out. Maybe you know this, I have a 6100 and it's a 2014 Dom, I thought that they had cats in the muffler? This one definitely doesn't and it's never been touched except by me, I drilled hole to look, and yes it's Stainless and yes I have a Tig welder. I was wondering why it seemed so light. Is there a non-cat muffler ? Here's a picture with a the part number.

Well, if someone wants it ok, Friday I am going to start selling parts. Rental or not, it's got nice looking parts.Make more money that way, again I know it's a nice saw if someone wants it and I will pay any Dolmar dealer to have it checked out before it goes bye-bye.

That chain has rental written all over it.

Anyone have any thoughts on the dawgs.
The inner dawg is the newer style, the outer on the clutch cover is the older style.
They probably just swapped the clutch cover, not thinking or knowing about it.
I have 5 bars and chains just like those hanging here. Except my bars say Home Depot Rental on them. The chains are the TriLink safety chains. Just like this one.

If you don't sell it and part it out I have a couple part requests.

I need 450 shipped, 400 if you pick it up, and of course it will be extensively cleaned and thoroughly tested and compression tested/vacuum tested ect. If someone wants it as is no returns, you can have it fo r 375 shipped. Of coarse PayPal send money to friends feature; pm for address. Thanks Chuck, 9717084936.
Parts request,
List needs

I need 450 shipped, 400 if you pick it up, and of course it will be extensively cleaned and thoroughly tested and compression tested/vacuum tested ect. If someone wants it as is no returns, you can have it fo r 375 shipped. Of coarse PayPal send money to friends feature; pm for address. Thanks Chuck, 9717084936.
Parts request,
List needs

Engine and air filter covers. Thanks.

Parts request,
List needs
seems reasonable to me .......... if it's in good shape its in good shape rental or not

Ya, I thought so too,? That's why I posted this on here, there are some good dude's on here and I thought I would pass it along, and I took pictures of how I got it, not after I was done with it. It will look like a new saw with a new bar and stripped down and cleaned. There.is a good mod for these except that it has to have the canned fuel, if you can afford the premix fuel, I like to remove the base gasket, it really is noticeable . I'm surprised nobody in Florida has grabbed it... Course they probably are having internet trouble. I thought I had problems.... Everybody pray for those people, must be awful.

Back