• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sweet Makita 6421 hurry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't know what your selling I think its a bit rich to blame the guy who sold it to you 'cheap' saying he screwed you. Who will be doing the screwing when someone buys the saw expecting it to be a two tree, 20hour non thrashed rental saw?. I think the seller here is more of a red flag than the saw itself. Those who know these rental saws can see through the BS sales pitch. Nate from Performance Outdoor Power is selling a few brand new NIB heated handle 6400's for $500 with b/c. He is a trusted member with an honest record.

To Mr skeptic, who likes to critique and Hussle people's ads, this seller had the complete opposite intentions, I didn't know for sure and could not attest to the history of the machine. So I took pictures of the condition of it the very moment I acquired it. Your logic makes no sense, except for the fact that you must have been burned before and now suspect everyone of doing misdeeds. Not a way to go through life. If I was or having evil intentions , I would have cleaned it and removed any marks and put it in like new appearance. Seems like people are looking at the surface more than the should be. Perhaps the reason for getting taken? Going through life with blinders will have adverse effects. Look past the surface and don't fly blind and offer conclusions affecting people's well being and not expect consequences. Have a good day the saw is no longer available for sale.

"Just scored this sweet piece, from a local business who needed it to cut up 2 wind-toppeled 22" Doug Firs, and then it set on the shelf"
"This has less than 20 hours and runs fantastic. The bore is pristine and the case has almost no wear marks."
"The bar has no wear as to be expected and the chain is beautiful too. "

These are all quotes copied directly out of your first post. These fly directly in the face of the condition of the saw in the picture........and you wonder why people are questioning you about it. Come on dude, with this description, I would expect to get a saw that looks like it just came out of the box. Unless you accidentally took pictures of the wrong saw, you oversold the crap out of it. Maybe it's an honest mistake, maybe it's not. I don't know you, but what I do know is that your description, and your pictures do not match each other. You probably wouldn't have any negative feedback if you would have started your ad with:
"Just scored this saw from a local business. I am unsure of its history. It's not in new condition, but it doesn't look abused. Compression is XXX. Below are pictures of the P&C. I ran a couple tanks of fuel through it, and runs great". (Just saying it's a good idea to test it first, and state the results.) Maybe even include a video of it running. After you've sold several good saws, people will start to trust you. Until then you need to provide as much accurate information and photo/video evidence as you can to build trust. You could probably get away with selling it with the current ad on Ebay, but most people on here are enthusiasts, and they know what to look for, and they can tell when a description does not match reality. If you want to sit here and argue about it, you're just going to dig yourself deeper into a hole. It's probably best just to say something like, "Sorry, I jumped the gun a little. I will try to be more careful in the future." BTW, I not trying to cut you down. I'm just trying to help you realize what you need to do if you want to start selling stuff on here.

Just scored this sweet piece, from a local business who needed it to cut up 2 wind-toppeled 22" Doug Firs, and then it set on the shelf, hate to have to sell it. This has less than 20 hours and runs fantastic. Somebody who is on it is going to score.
I was going to quote exactly as TW350 did and post it earlier but kinda thought no matter what this guy is told its all someone else's fault, we are to blame, we don't understand etc.....product of the 'I'm not responsible' generation. The more he defends his position the sillier he looks....but I guess that's someone else's fault too. Described & priced properly this saw would have sold days ago and if the sale went well he'd have some credibility to continue doing business with others. A good old saying this guy should try to comprehend, 'you can sheer a sheep many times over, you can only slaughter it once'.

That's definitely a Home Depot rental saw, those are definitely their markings
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps coincidental but my ex-HD rental 6401 ($140 via pawn shop) has an engraved ID in the exact same spot.

Man I wish I had the time to troll through the internet like some people, my honesty and concise actions sometimes really stir up the wannabe's. #buildtrust. Laughing... I have sold 20 saws this year online and 5o locally.That's just chainsaws! Not to mention st least 30 lawnmowers 35 blowers 25 trimmers. And had one return this year , and that was on eBay and the creep used it for free for 3 weeks after he cried to me on the phone saying he overbought and the gullible person I am ok'd the return. Did you hear me snivel about it? Are any of you commentator's actually looking for a saw? Because Everytime I sell s saw on here the person calls me and I describe exactly what they will get. And of course I would recondition and do recondition everything I sell..?Pretty f'n good for a almost 60 year old that is supposed to be retired. The price was including the re-conditioning. So guess what? This saw is not for sale now, it's getting parted.If you were actually looking for a big Makita, rental saw or not, this saw has low time, it's your loss not mine, I make way more parting. And again, I was trying to be thoughtful and offer a good saw for someone. Not be greedy and break up a good saw, like certain Dolmar dealers do.. I don't need money that bad. And this is the last time I am going to talk about this saw too
And ya my friend owns as pawn shop, big deal. I have probably 5 there on the shelf for sale now. Oh I have to laugh at some of the remarks, so Home Depot is Pawning their chainsaws now? And how much more accurate can I get by posting a picture the moment I got it. Your foolish logic makes no sense. And when you have 22 saws for sale, it's possible to get the descriptions crossed. And the 7910 is the saw with 4 hours on it but it won't be ready , I am waiting on parts. And the same seller sold me a 6100, it's got probably 10 hours on it too. Home Depot probably pawned those too.

So far I have seen 3 different shipped prices in this thread. 475 then 425 now it's up to 450.

This saw came from home depot at 300 bucks which means your getting 150 dollars to clean and compression/ vac test the saw and ship it out.

I would personally buy one from the source and clean it myself.

You are also trying to convince a website full of people who are off their rocker about chainsaws, that this (clearly proven rental saw) has less than 20 hours on it. Which if that was the case home depot wouldn't have sold it because they wouldn't have made enough money on it to warrant its replacement.

If you are also selling chainsaws all the time as you claim to be then I would think you would be way more concise with your descriptions to start with. The original ad stated nothing about cleaning or testing of any kind.

Also, the wear on a bar has nothing to do with the amount of hours that are on a saw, bars are replaced when they are junk, if there is no wear on the bar then that means they replaced it not too long before it was sold. These saws get a new chain before they are sold, and I've never seen a big name saw like stihl husky or Makita that didn't have their name in big a** letters down the side of the original bar when it was sold. Have you?

It would appear as though your story has been hit by a shotgun, as it is full of holes....

If you are going to part it out that's fine, but threatening us that you will in hopes somebody will buy it won't work. We all know where the nearest home depot is.

So far I have seen 3 different shipped prices in this thread. 475 then 425 now it's up to 450.

This saw came from home depot at 300 bucks which means your getting 150 dollars to clean and compression/ vac test the saw and ship it out.

I would personally buy one from the source and clean it myself.

You are also trying to convince a website full of people who are off their rocker about chainsaws, that this (clearly proven rental saw) has less than 20 hours on it. Which if that was the case home depot wouldn't have sold it because they wouldn't have made enough money on it to warrant its replacement.

If you are also selling chainsaws all the time as you claim to be then I would think you would be way more concise with your descriptions to start with. The original ad stated nothing about cleaning or testing of any kind.

Also, the wear on a bar has nothing to do with the amount of hours that are on a saw, bars are replaced when they are junk, if there is no wear on the bar then that means they replaced it not too long before it was sold. These saws get a new chain before they are sold, and I've never seen a big name saw like stihl husky or Makita that didn't have their name in big a** letters down the side of the original bar when it was sold. Have you?

It would appear as though your story has been hit by a shotgun, as it is full of holes....

If you are going to part it out that's fine, but threatening us that you will in hopes somebody will buy it won't work. We all know where the nearest home depot is.
I hear what your saying.
Couple things though. You do have to be at the right place at the right time to get one from home depot. That being said deals often are missed by folks because they are out making a buck and those same folks are usually willing to pay a little more than what you would buy them for based on the fact that they just made more money that they would have saved by getting the "deal" themselves. I've tried for yrs to get one and couldn't so I had to pay more myself.
Another thing is that many saws have been sold with bars that do not have the manufacturer of the saws name on them.

Attachments

• 01111_84p9BXkRi5l_600x450.jpg
    01111_84p9BXkRi5l_600x450.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160705_093353.jpeg
    20160705_093353.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 41
When someone spins a web of lies they often get caught in there own web. The very first red flag I noticed was I looked at the pictures then read the description. They didn't match. I don't care for overselling and reasons why I should buy a saw either. Anyways the tell tale HD rental markings, the wear on the case, the fact that the saw was started with chainbreak off and bar cover still on, no pictures of the pristine bore, the clutch cover or felling spikes got busted and replaced at some point. I also read the bar has almost no wear which wasn't the case. Also the seller claims he took pictures as soon as he bought it from this business. Well the carpet and shelves from this business look just like the carpet and shelves at the pawn shop were he is selling it now. Also why is this local business buying all these new expensive pro model saws and only using them a few hours then letting them sit and finally selling them at a low price? I wonder how many people take pictures of things for sale at pawn shops then add $100-200 dollars and resell then when they receive the money they buy it from the pawn shop and ship it and pocket the profits?

I hear what your saying.
Couple things though. You do have to be at the right place at the right time to get one from home depot. That being said deals often are missed by folks because they are out making a buck and those same folks are usually willing to pay a little more than what you would buy them for based on the fact that they just made more money that they would have saved by getting the "deal" themselves. I've tried for yrs to get one and couldn't so I had to pay more myself.
Another thing is that many saws have been sold with bars that do not have the manufacturer of the saws name on them.
Yeah I know what your saying Brett, but you and I both know that a two tree saw won't have had the bar replaced and then have half of the paint worn off the second one, even if they bent the original bar in a U shape at the very beginning. In the situation that is portrayed in this thread, theres no reason to have changed the bar already.

Also, with your kinda pull on this site im suprised you didnt have somebody pick one up for you and then get it shipped your way. Are you still in need of one? I'm sure I can drum one up. I know what you mean by being out to making a buck and missing out on a deal. But I'm averaging 60+ hours a week on midnights and when I want to buy something like this or at an auction I just don't sleep :rolleyes::D

Yeah I know what your saying Brett, but you and I both know that a two tree saw won't have had the bar replaced and then have half of the paint worn off the second one, even if they bent the original bar in a U shape at the very beginning. In the situation that is portrayed in this thread, theres no reason to have changed the bar already.

Also, with your kinda pull on this site im suprised you didnt have somebody pick one up for you and then get it shipped your way. Are you still in need of one? I'm sure I can drum one up. I know what you mean by being out to making a buck and missing out on a deal. But I'm averaging 60+ hours a week on midnights and when I want to buy something like this or at an auction I just don't sleep :rolleyes::D
I can't disagree, there's a reason I subscribed as soon as I saw the title/pictures/description, and it hasn't disappointed :popcorn2:.
I've managed to get one, and a couple of its cousins ;).
Trust me I get that, I've done more all nighters to make something happen more times than most will, then you get to hear from the same people how "lucky" you are, whatever. "Luck" favors those who work their tails off and are willing to do what others are not willing to do.

Attachments

• 20170628_102740.jpg
    20170628_102740.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 40
I can't disagree, there's a reason I subscribed as soon as I saw the title/pictures/description, and it hasn't disappointed :popcorn2:.
I've managed to get one, and a couple of its cousins ;).
Trust me I get that, I've done more all nighters to make something happen more times than most will, then you get to hear from the same people how "lucky" you are, whatever. "Luck" favors those who work their tails off and are willing to do what others are not willing to do.
Gospel if I've ever heard it

Latest posts

Back