• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sweet Makita 6421 hurry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a saw from him back in June. It was not what he made it out to be but not bad enough to send it back.
Link http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mint-makita-6421.310853/
Did it turn out to be an ex rental saw? That's what it looks like in the pics. The top cover looks like it's had the paint marker numbers removed, and the clutch cover is missing paint right above and below the bar nuts from using a regular socket instead of a scrench, HD style. The numbers that are scribed into the tank handle looks like they've been sanded away. The one for sale here looks like it's had the same treatment as yours, if you look closely.
I currently have three ex HD saws, and used to have one more, and they all look like this.
I also see that he claimed yours only had 3 tanks on it. It must be 3 tanks while idling on the pavement with someone sitting on top of it, with the bottom looking like it does. Don't get me wrong, your saw is great and I love those HD deals, but it's not what he told you it was.

First good read here in awhile, that being said, why would someone almost completely tear down a supposed low hour saw? To take pictures? Armor All can make anything nice and shiny for a short time :picture:

How does does this red saw enter the sales add, thought it was for a 20 hour, low use Makita?

FWIW I have bought 2 of these saws from HD rental, going back a few years ago now, for under $150 each.

Oh well, I have to go and get my truck back from the local detail shop, they were going to freshen it up for me, so they took the motor and trans out and also removed the entire interior while they were at it :rolleyes:

Did it turn out to be an ex rental saw? That's what it looks like in the pics. The top cover looks like it's had the paint marker numbers removed, and the clutch cover is missing paint right above and below the bar nuts from using a regular socket instead of a scrench, HD style. The numbers that are scribed into the tank handle looks like they've been sanded away. The one for sale here looks like it's had the same treatment as yours, if you look closely.
I currently have three ex HD saws, and used to have one more, and they all look like this.
I also see that he claimed yours only had 3 tanks on it. It must be 3 tanks while idling on the pavement with someone sitting on top of it, with the bottom looking like it does. Don't get me wrong, your saw is great and I love those HD deals, but it's not what he told you it was.

Yep, it was a HD saw with a lot more than 3 tanks on it. The chain catcher showed a lot of drag on it.
I am used to dealing with this sites regular members and did not look closely.

Anyone notice his other saw for sale? An "upgraded", "new" CS590 with a stihl bar on it. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-cs590-upgraded.313127/. I can't see the pictures very well on my small screen, but it looks like it has scratches all over the bottom too. I think that one must have been a return. Also, it's sitting on a Rigid Air Compressor. This guy must have some kind of Home Depot connection where he's getting their rejects and selling them as new to unsuspecting victims.

Yep, it was a HD saw with a lot more than 3 tanks on it. The chain catcher showed a lot of drag on it.
I am used to dealing with this sites regular members and did not look closely.
He's clearly a liar, and I hope any future potential buyers read this thread before doing business with him. Most buyers are trusting, and most sellers are trustworthy. Good to weed out the ones that aren't.

Anyone notice his other saw for sale? An "upgraded", "new" CS590 with a stihl bar on it. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-cs590-upgraded.313127/. I can't see the pictures very well on my small screen, but it looks like it has scratches all over the bottom too. I think that one must have been a return. Also, it's sitting on a Rigid Air Compressor. This guy must have some kind of Home Depot connection where he's getting their rejects and selling them as new to unsuspecting victims.
I just read that add. I agree, it looks like it's got more than one tank through it. Unless he's very rough on his equipment:rolleyes:
Also, I see these on sale for $350 all the time. Not sure why anyone would buy his used one for $100 more. A Farm Boss bar can't cost that much...

First good read here in awhile, that being said, why would someone almost completely tear down a supposed low hour saw? To take pictures? Armor All can make anything nice and shiny for a short time :picture:

How does does this red saw enter the sales add, thought it was for a 20 hour, low use Makita?

FWIW I have bought 2 of these saws from HD rental, going back a few years ago now, for under $150 each.

Oh well, I have to go and get my truck back from the local detail shop, they were going to freshen it up for me, so they took the motor and trans out and also removed the entire interior while they were at it :rolleyes:
The only thing good about this thread is that things are out in the open, if you've ever gotten taken on a saw, or got one that was totally not as stated you'd know what I mean :nofunny:.
Hope your truck runs well after getting freshened up :).

Based on the pictures and the OP's comments, it sounds like his buddy owns a pawn shop or maybe this guy works for a pawn shop, and the OP either sells saws for him -or- he purchases them from the shop and resales them. Nothing wrong with that...IF the seller is upfront and honest.

Buyer beware.

Ok. I wait see where this go. You guys are right , that saw cut way more trees that the claim is.
Here is why. I have one just like that and cut 3 huge maples and 2 oaks. I use 28" guide and chain and the pictures I post is with the original guide and chain 20"
But I use that to cut the smaller branches. Here the pictures:IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0335.JPGIMG_0336.JPG

I got this when they come out first time and pay $849 plus sale tax, but I would not sale it now for that money.

Apparently he thought a thick coat of armorall was like beer goggles for saw guys......

Morning Brett!
Good morning Austin :drinkingcoffee:.
It seems as though at least a couple guys have fallen for it :nofunny:.
Some guys get what they dish out fairly quick, but others it takes a while. Seems as though this was a long time coming, very sad indeed.
Making a mistake is one thing, but this, not good.

Back