• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sweet Makita 6421 hurry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good, busy part of the year, doesn't help the daylight hrs are getting shorter :baba:.
Right on, I need an oil pump drive/worm gear for one of the 7910's I've got, got one :).
how you like-in them dolly's Brett 7900 , compared to the ms 461 / 066 or Husqvarna 576/390 size saw ?...............I like my 6421makita with 54mm top end but like all saws I have it's ... for sail ...

how you like-in them dolly's Brett 7900 , compared to the ms 461 / 066 or Husqvarna 576/390 size saw ?...............I like my 6421makita with 54mm top end but like all saws I have it's ... for sail ...
They all have nice qualities, and I enjoy them all. I think the 461 and 576 have the most torque/grunt, the 576 and the 79 series are smooth, the dolly and the husky win on handling, the 461 is a great platform, and a great bucking saw, but I like the dolly best for limbing out of them.
Others I'm sure will have their experiences, there are so many variables it's crazy to nail one down as the best, just buy a couple of each :happybanana:.

What's up buddy.
Though of this thread yesterday, saw an ad on Craigslist, only cut 2 trees o_O. It was a very nice saw, didn't look like it was ever freshened up :surprised3:.

Oh not a whole lot looking at cutting some sick trees down at the house. Got the hots for a big saw again and came across this madness lol. Been riding the gixxxer while I can before it starts getting cold. How have you been?

Oh not a whole lot looking at cutting some sick trees down at the house. Got the hots for a big saw again and came across this madness lol. Been riding the gixxxer while I can before it starts getting cold. How have you been?
Very well, thanks.
I was just thinking about the bikes, a few minutes ago. I like riding when it's a bit cooler, they perk up quite nicely.
I've got some cutting to do myself at a buddies, but I'm not rushing out to do anything in this heat, 92 here today and it's not supposed to cool of for a bit yet. They are thinking we will be breaking some records for high temps this week, we may have today, not sure.
What you wanting to get, you have a great saw to run a longer bar in softwood, buy a bar and pet her rip.

Very well, thanks.
I was just thinking about the bikes, a few minutes ago. I like riding when it's a bit cooler, they perk up quite nicely.
I've got some cutting to do myself at a buddies, but I'm not rushing out to do anything in this heat, 92 here today and it's not supposed to cool of for a bit yet. They are thinking we will be breaking some records for high temps this week, we may have today, not sure.
What you wanting to get, you have a great saw to run a longer bar in softwood, buy a bar and pet her rip.

I like the cool weather too back in the spring when I got the bike. I thought the tires were warm and chopped the throttle WFO at about 20-25mph and the ass end started skating. I thought to myself no way! I did a u turn and looked sure enough there was a strip lol.

I have a big sycamore to cut down...36-40 inch diameter. I know I would feel more comfortable with something longer than a 24 for that job. I was thinking a 2188/385/390. I found an 066 but communication has been erratic I'd like to have easily interchangeable bars too. Hence why I want a husky.

I like the cool weather too back in the spring when I got the bike. I thought the tires were warm and chopped the throttle WFO at about 20-25mph and the ass end started skating. I thought to myself no way! I did a u turn and looked sure enough there was a strip lol.

I have a big sycamore to cut down...36-40 inch diameter. I know I would feel more comfortable with something longer than a 24 for that job. I was thinking a 2188/385/390. I found an 066 but communication has been erratic I'd like to have easily interchangeable bars too. Hence why I want a husky.
I had one incident because of that, but I used to like on a 40 or below day taking off for work and getting that dirt bike in the sand feeling, I rode the dunes a lot when I was younger :rock:.
Yeah, I hear needing bigger for working that.
Little job I did last month, this one was in some tight quarters, makes the 660 with a 36 look like a toy.

Attachments

• 20170728_185839.jpg
    20170728_185839.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 33
So I don't usually like to hijack other people's threads, but at this point, it doesn't look like the OP is coming back, and this is getting a lot of traffic, so here goes. My grandma bought this saw to trim her rose bushes. She was very performance oriented, so she had it ported as soon as she bought it. This thing really screams. She used it once, and decided it was too heavy for her with the bursitis in her shoulder, so she put it in a closet, and there it sat for the last 30 years. This saw has only been used to cut one rose stem. I can't find a single scratch on this thing. It's totally mint. It has a tiny little bit of dust on it, but I'll freshen it up with some windex, and it will be better than new. This is a rare saw, and demand is high for these, so I'll need to get $500 for it, but that will include shipping. Sorry, no trades.Reallydirtysaw.jpg

So I don't usually like to hijack other people's threads, but at this point, it doesn't look like the OP is coming back, and this is getting a lot of traffic, so here goes. My grandma bought this saw to trim her rose bushes. She was very performance oriented, so she had it ported as soon as she bought it. This thing really screams. She used it once, and decided it was too heavy for her with the bursitis in her shoulder, so she put it in a closet, and there it sat for the last 30 years. This saw has only been used to cut one rose stem. I can't find a single scratch on this thing. It's totally mint. It has a tiny little bit of dust on it, but I'll freshen it up with some windex, and it will be better than new. This is a rare saw, and demand is high for these, so I'll need to get $500 for it, but that will include shipping. Sorry, no trades.View attachment 602981
Price include clutch and clutch cover?

I had one incident because of that, but I used to like on a 40 or below day taking off for work and getting that dirt bike in the sand feeling, I rode the dunes a lot when I was younger :rock:.
Yeah, I hear needing bigger for working that.
Little job I did last month, this one was in some tight quarters, makes the 660 with a 36 look like a toy.

That's about the same situation my tree is in:(

So I don't usually like to hijack other people's threads, but at this point, it doesn't look like the OP is coming back, and this is getting a lot of traffic, so here goes. My grandma bought this saw to trim her rose bushes. She was very performance oriented, so she had it ported as soon as she bought it. This thing really screams. She used it once, and decided it was too heavy for her with the bursitis in her shoulder, so she put it in a closet, and there it sat for the last 30 years. This saw has only been used to cut one rose stem. I can't find a single scratch on this thing. It's totally mint. It has a tiny little bit of dust on it, but I'll freshen it up with some windex, and it will be better than new. This is a rare saw, and demand is high for these, so I'll need to get $500 for it, but that will include shipping. Sorry, no trades.View attachment 602981

:ices_rofl::laughing: I love it!

Damn, that saw brings back a lot of memories. I'm wondering if your grandmother didn't used to work on my crew? We did a conventional survey of the lower Atchafalaya Basin where a good bit of "Swamp People" was filmed. All day in waist deep sludge cutting trees. We'd fell above the water line then have to cut back the stumps underwater. I brought many a saw back to the shop looking like that. Our mechanic spend a lot of time "freshening them up".

Damn, that saw brings back a lot of memories. I'm wondering if your grandmother didn't used to work on my crew? We did a conventional survey of the lower Atchafalaya Basin where a good bit of "Swamp People" was filmed. All day in waist deep sludge cutting trees. We'd fell above the water line then have to cut back the stumps underwater. I brought many a saw back to the shop looking like that. Our mechanic spend a lot of time "freshening them up".
This could be one of those saws, I copied the picture off of Ebay.........er, I mean, yeah, they are good saws, and this one pretty much new old stock. Better jump on it quick. It won't be here long. Buy it today, and I'll include one of those 60" Piltz bars that makes it cut like V8 chevy saw. I may even completely rebuild it if you're nice to me.

If this saw was at a used car lot we would call this saw a clean one owner or a ( cream puff ) very nice ....

If this saw was at a used car lot we would call this saw a clean one owner or a ( cream puff) very nice ....
Here's my newest, I'm pretty sure it may have had a tank or two thru it, the chain hasn't ever been touched. I got a case with it too :).

Attachments

• 20170922_205027.jpg
    20170922_205027.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20170922_205044.jpg
    20170922_205044.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
Here's my newest, I'm pretty sure it may have had a tank or two thru it, the chain hasn't ever been touched. I got a case with it too :).
very nice...I am trying to buy this red light may not work out >>>

Attachments

• IMG_1258(1)_resized.jpg
    IMG_1258(1)_resized.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 38
Back