• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Tanaka ecv 4501

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Any interest in this ecv 4501? Trade or 200$ featherweight limbing machine runs great.20200330_173002.jpg20200330_173008.jpg20200330_173013.jpg20200330_173019.jpg

Got anymore details?

Well... Split magnesium case, walbro carb, outboard clutch. Got a new bar and chain ordered. That's as far as I've got into it will get more detailed pics tmw. Runs like new. I think it's a 14 or 14.5k rpm saw.

Well... Split magnesium case, walbro carb, outboard clutch. Got a new bar and chain ordered. That's as far as I've got into it will get more detailed pics tmw. Runs like new. I think it's a 14 or 14.5k rpm saw.
Lol not about the model but about THIS saw. Thing could be had for $250 new and this one looks pretty worn. What did you do to it? How's the piston look? How's the compression?

Lol not about the model but about THIS saw. Thing could be had for $250 new and this one looks pretty worn. What did you do to it? How's the piston look? How's the compression?

Will get pics when I get up. P&c look new. Don't have a compression gauge worth a dam but it's at factory levels. Haven't opened saw up( haven't needed to)

200$ is not set in stone lol feel free to make an offer if interested. It is a pro constructed saw that you can't hardly find.

And how does this saw look worn?? Powerhead is clean af bar is just a old Stihl 3005 that I put on it. It's not mint by no means but it's def not worn.

And how does this saw look worn?? Powerhead is clean af bar is just a old Stihl 3005 that I put on it. It's not mint by no means but it's def not worn.
The paint missing all over the bottom can come from riding around in a truck but normally paint missing from the front of the case below the muffler only comes from use. This one looks like it has some miles on it. Sometimes the carpet doesn't match the drapes though. An assessment of wear on the piston, ring end gap measurement, and compression numbers would tell the tale for sure.

The paint missing all over the bottom can come from riding around in a truck but normally paint missing from the front of the case below the muffler only comes from use. This one looks like it has some miles on it. Sometimes the carpet doesn't match the drapes though. An assessment of wear on the piston, ring end gap measurement, and compression numbers would tell the tale for sure.
20200401_100512.jpg20200401_100527.jpg20200401_100541.jpg

P&c is about as good as it gets, this saw had stout compression I need a gauge I know but in my experience it's at factory levels.

Back