Teco bucket truck electrical issue?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tevye

Reaction score
Hello,

Hopefully someone can point me in a direction with my bucket problem. There is no signal getting to the hydraulic pump from the bucket. The outrigger levers work and the lever that operates the chip bed dumper works so the hydraulic pump works etc. But from the bucket or the manual over ride levers for the upper hydraulics, whatever engages the hydraulics isn't getting the signal. I assume electronics since the other parts of the truck work. Is there a fuse or something to look for that might be defective? She worked fine the other day and gave no indication of any problem.

Any direction would be helpful.

You may have a multiple stage pump. If there are more than 2 hoses on the pump, you have a multiple stage pump and one of the stages might be bad as certain stages operate different parts of the truck. If it's a multiple stage pump, you may need to check the pressure on all stages to make sure you don't have a bad stage. There isn't very much electrical involved in hydraulics. Have you tried the dead mans switch too see if it is working on the truck? It could be bad, but I don't know if that could effect the upper controls.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

I did try the dead man's switch and it didn't work either. I have no idea how to test the pressure. I may need to take it somewhere but again, I have no idea where.

I don't know how far Colona, IL is from you. There's a company called I-80 Equipment and they sell bucket trucks. Ph. 888-509-9566.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Back