Tell me what I am doing wrong

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll send you the 2016 Stihl pricelist for the Ohio/ky region, just for the hell of it. Why it varies from region to region
so much I'll never know. Maybe they charge North Carolinians more because of Christian Laettner......

Went back out to fire it up again. This time no problem. Fired right up.

you may be flooding it. the 250 has a fickle start procedure. search it up, but I just pull three times on choke AND NO MORE. remove the choke after three pulls and put it to fast idle. the 250 series is difficult to hear the "burp" so many times the user pulls with the choke on till eternity listening for a "burp" that doesn't come.
which will only be exacerbated by not being tuned properly to begin with

you may be flooding it. the 250 has a fickle start procedure. search it up, but I just pull three times on choke AND NO MORE. remove the choke after three pulls and put it to fast idle. the 250 series is difficult to hear the "burp" so many times the user pulls with the choke on till eternity listening for a "burp" that doesn't come.
which will only be exacerbated by not being tuned properly to begin with
Yes, I have learned this and pretty much do exactly what you said.

I'll send you the 2016 Stihl pricelist for the Ohio/ky region, just for the hell of it. Why it varies from region to region
so much I'll never know. Maybe they charge North Carolinians more because of Christian Laettner......

Different distributors. Tom

I don't know either, but several years ago someone on this site mentioned buying a Stihl chain sharpener, the one that is a short bar with the built in file holder and guide.. He said he bought a new one for $150.. I checked with my dealer and was quoted $210. when I asked why the difference, he said "different distributors". Tom

There are @ 6-7 distributors that serve the U.S., and different ones for other countries and regions of the rest of the world.
Some have the name "Stihl" in their Company Name, some do not. As far as their business relation to the Stihl
Corporation, Stihl Usa, etc.., those distinctions are between them.

But some folks think that just because the distributor doesn't have the name "Stihl" in their title, that they are
less legitimate, which is humorous.

https://www.stihlusa.com/information/corporate/about-us/corporate-branch/

Back