Tell us about things that annoy you on the job site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing someone struggling with a task and standing around with your fingers in your ass.

Don't understand what brain cells are lacking there. Even if you don't know how to help, there's always "do you need an extra hand? Can I do anything to help?"

New guys trying to put my tools back in the truck and nobody has even showed them how or where things go yet. That really pisses me off.
Pisses you off that people are trying to learn and get work done, even without being an "expert" yet?

When I was in CA a couple of my guys used to smoke weed in the truck and though that that somehow the smell wouldn't give them away!

Cleaning up dog poop.

Workers not getting along is a huge morale killer. One guy can ruin your crew.

Customers expecting "add-ons" for free.

When it takes forever to receive payment.
Can smell that 500 yards away. I'd almost rather stuff my nose in a hobo's ass crack.

Pisses you off that people are trying to learn and get work done, even without being an "expert" yet?

Oh, I forgot, this is the infant thread now. There is an Arborist 101 forum, you do realize that, right? Just saying.

And yeah, it pisses me off when new guys pile my tools away like a zombie apocalypse. Pole saws with the head still on and no sheath pushed through to the rope side, grcs leaning against the door and ready to flomp out, that sort of thing. Yes, it pisses me off. Would much rather them just leave stuff beside the truck at that rate.

Back