• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

ten thousand dollar log?????

jegushee1

jegushee1

ArboristSite Operative
Ummmmm...... just watchin new episode and watched papac twitch a big spruce down. Now mind you it was a big spruce. Prob 4 or 5 ft in diameter. Good log..... but $10,000 for it???? i mean come on!!!!! This show kills loggers cause landowners think their trees are worth stupid money when they are not!!!!

NIP Group
bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.google.ca
If its Aircraft grade spruce it will fetch big coin.
About twenty years ago I was living on the coast and my boss bought a spruce log about 5ft across and 20ft long, he paid 5k for it.
Got it cut up to aircraft sizes and ended getting his money back.
BBB

fubar2

fubar2

Addicted to ArboristSite
If they were getting the bucks they say they are do you think they'd be on national TV making idiots of themselves? Why? For the money.

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
the good ole days of small timber... leaving 16" plus for junk wood for the scavengers to drool over! ? anyone from the silver lake, mt. st.Helens area remember "wood finders permits" for cutting firewood? $20.00 for a single cord.......

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
$20/Cord in the National Forests, is overpriced by Double.

I Don't know about then and there, but I Can get permits for up to 5 cords/household for $10/Cord in the Mt. Hood National Forest.

The Forest Service often posts about easy wood that they want removed. This year they fell over 300 standing dead off Rd 4410 they wanted gone, we got about a cord of it before the Forest closed due to fire danger, then the forest opened and we are dealing with an illness/Death in the Family. Where we were cutting is about 5200-5300 foot elevation, I don't know if we will get back up there before the Snow does, might be too late already, it was nice stove ready wood though, and we still have a couple of cords worth of tags still.

Last year they had a lot of blow down in Tilley Jane Campground, some very nice wood there too, parked the truck, trailer and splitter practically next to the logs, nice picnic tables clean vault restrooms, just no running water, I guess you can't have everything. It doesn't get much better than that.

Doug