thanks for input and advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony h.

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i am glad you guys responded so quick. becoming a certified arborist is definatley one of my goals. i see a book in my sherril catalog called arborist certification study guide.but it says not the onlyguide forcertification,would you guys have any other book recomendations that would be agood guide for learning.i already have pirones tree maintenance 7th edition. its a really good and helpfull book. on the job experiance is defenitley a great way to learn. i have a good boss who has taught me alot. i also have interests in diagnosing tree problems like disease and insect probems, its interesting to me. almost every day i learn something on the job its great.

I'd have to recommend anything, actually everything written by Dr. Alex L. Shigo.
Also, The Tree Worker's Manual by Sharon Lilly.
Plant Health Care for Woody Ornamentals by John Lloyd.
Arboriculture by Richard W. Harris.
Don Blair has also written a good book about Tree Equipment with lots of good stories included. Its in a box in my garage somewhere. I think its just called Tree Equipment or something like that.:confused:
Good luck in your studies. If you ever move to the Tampa, FL area, look me up. I'm constantly looking for good employees.

The world is always needing more qualified arborists. Hope you do well. By the way. I think this was a reply to your original post. Hit post reply next time instead of the new thread button. You will be in business then>:cool:

Latest posts

Back