"That" Time of Year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wood4heat, I live an hour from Braddyville. Gotta love the diner(can't remember the name) on the east side of 71, always great conversation in there over the noon hour. Is that barn just north of town on 71? Looks familiar to me.

I've eaten at that diner. Not sure what street its on but the old farm and that barn are just off that street a few miles east of there. If you've eaten there often you may have been having those great conversations with my family. :cheers:

Last edited:
My family is from Braddyville Iowa. Grandpa told lots of stories about the farm he grew up on and a couple times mentioned a cave. Well my cousin owns that farm now and I was back there this summer. All that is left is the barn but I go see it whenever I'm back. This year I was thinking about Grandpas stories and asked my cousin if he knew where the cave was. Sure he said and took me to see it. The roof has started to cave in but I peered down in there and could see the brick lining the walls. It was neat to put a place with some of those old stories.

Didn't get a pic of the cave but this is the barn:
attachment.php

Freakin boxelders are trying to take over the barn. I recommend a 70cc chainsaw and a dose of Tordon to prevent repeat offenders. My farmyard needs a lot of cleanup, and it's still in use, so don't think I'm pickin on ya.

I have been past that barn. I haul heavy equipment and, once and a while, some rock to and from Schildberg's quarry.:cheers:

Freakin boxelders are trying to take over the barn. I recommend a 70cc chainsaw and a dose of Tordon to prevent repeat offenders. My farmyard needs a lot of cleanup, and it's still in use, so don't think I'm pickin on ya.
What he said - Also, in the pic it looks like a section of the metal roof is gone. If it doesn't get fixed, that barn will be everyones memory in short order. Like too many others.

I can relate Woodbooga, I love to go to Pittsburg and see the Moose and mountains.I live near Concord the rest of the time.

Back