That unmistakable exhaust note

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just test fired a homelite super xl ,"old blue" that I got from a couple super guys on here. As soon as I fired it up I thought "o ya that's a homelite super xl" I don't even need to see it, I can tell by the sound alone.

So got me thinking what saws do y'all have that if blindfolded you would know right off the bat what it was. The other one I can think of outside the super xls/xl12 is the poulan 4200/5200 has a pretty unmistakable sound through that big ole outlet. What say yee?

Husqvarna 235r brush cutter. Ting ting ting bbraaawwwpp.

Dual port zenoah g5200 or chinese variant pop pop popwaaaahhhhhhp

Cool thread Boomer 87. Judging by the responses, it seems saws are as distinctive in their sounds as they are in their appearance. I remember when I first got my Stihl 036 - the first time I fired it the sound instantly grabbed me. It reminded me of listening to the local logger back north many, many moons ago. Unmistakable and music to my ears. :drinkingcoffee:

Another unmistakable sound comes from any of the power products engine saws. That "muffler" they had made you think they could shift the earth off it's axis lol.

They had one nasty thump!

I just test fired a homelite super xl ,"old blue" that I got from a couple super guys on here. As soon as I fired it up I thought "o ya that's a homelite super xl" I don't even need to see it, I can tell by the sound alone.

So got me thinking what saws do y'all have that if blindfolded you would know right off the bat what it was. The other one I can think of outside the super xls/xl12 is the poulan 4200/5200 has a pretty unmistakable sound through that big ole outlet. What say yee?

I've got a handsaw, bow saw, hacksaw, and a skil saw that I would know if blindfolded.;)
I've got some gimmie saws, Crapsman, Poulans that I don't like to look at even though they run ok. I keep them separated from by Stihls.;)

And yes the EZ homies have their own sound.

I probably enjoy the sound of the 10 series the most. Billy Ray had a Homie XL on one of his youtube videos (think it was a 101) and that really sang too.

Back