the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep shes blowing a gale alright.. can tell this as the standalone basketball hoop has moved about a metre.
the windy app says a crap load more is coming. currently at Apollo Bay.

yeah, heard about that, not good in those temps or winds.
we had the front head over yesterday, and I watched it grow in intensity as it passed over the state.
A fencer mate periodically drops of wooden fence paling panels& rails. Yesterday I cut about 5-8 metres of palings into 300mm lengths but don't want to bother today in this weather.

G'day all

Formerly known as 'Spin Drift' from back in 2014.
Couldn't resurrect my old account.

I've just jumped over to the dark side and rejoined team Stihl. All my Husky's are fine, but picked up a very lightly used MS880 & x2 lightly used MS661C-M saws. Keeping 1 MS661 and flipping the other.

Anyone in Gippsland you'd recommend to give them a once over, sell me some chain and provide a lesson on tuning the 880 for cutting vs milling slabs?

All 3 saws start fine and run OK. The 880 does feel like a big lumpy slug compared the 661's. I'm guessing that's pretty normal?

Anyhow,
About to donate to the site to keep things running as I do value the wealth of knowledge contained here 👍

Cheers,
Richo

G'day all

Formerly known as 'Spin Drift' from back in 2014.
Couldn't resurrect my old account.

I've just jumped over to the dark side and rejoined team Stihl. All my Husky's are fine, but picked up a very lightly used MS880 & x2 lightly used MS661C-M saws. Keeping 1 MS661 and flipping the other.

Anyone in Gippsland you'd recommend to give them a once over, sell me some chain and provide a lesson on tuning the 880 for cutting vs milling slabs?

All 3 saws start fine and run OK. The 880 does feel like a big lumpy slug compared the 661's. I'm guessing that's pretty normal?

Anyhow,
About to donate to the site to keep things running as I do value the wealth of knowledge contained here 👍

Cheers,
Richo
I'd suggest just check out the 880 yourself. Do the air filter, fuel filter and plug and have a good look around, then you know where you are at. There are dozens of good vids on here about tuning and milling and sharpening.
Between Warragul and Orbost there must be several Stihl dealers, they'll sell you chain. It's a good idea to have a good relationship with your nearest dealer I've found.

All good points Dennis.

Doing as you suggested tomorrow.
Cleaned out the tanks today.
Fresh fuel. They all started easily and seemed to run fine.

Got a few large trees that got blown over recently.
Will hook into them tomorrow and see how they really run.

All good points Dennis.

Doing as you suggested tomorrow.
Cleaned out the tanks today.
Fresh fuel. They all started easily and seemed to run fine.

Got a few large trees that got blown over recently.
Will hook into them tomorrow and see how they really run.
ah you remember the ruelz

pics or it didnt happen. :)

ps welcome back.
and the 880 is a slower revving saw compared to the smaller 661's etc.
around the 11500 if memory serves correct

edited to add
max rpm is 11000 as per the factory manual
let me know if you want the factory service manual and ipl for them.

View attachment 20231103_153738~2.mp4

880 was rocking the Ute 😆

Not used to long sharp dogs either. 661C drew 1st blood.

20231103_151058.jpg
ah you remember the ruelz

pics or it didnt happen. :)

ps welcome back.
and the 880 is a slower revving saw compared to the smaller 661's etc.
around the 11500 if memory serves correct

edited to add
max rpm is 11000 as per the factory manual
let me know if you want the factory service manual and ipl for them.

Anyone know where to get springboards or the toes in Aust ?
ive done a heap of searching, but come up with nothing so far.
They must be available as they are used in the cutting comps, but I dont facetweet, so I guess Im missing that area.

Have a tree I need to get 8ft up to cut several leaders, but dont want to use the back of the ute or stairs :), nor to be lanyard-ed to it with gaffs either.

Also cant find anyone that sells tree jacks either.

How you Eastern chaps faring.

Just hearing about the storms and power outages, and it would not have helped the fires either.
been busy a short sharp blast over my patch a few hundred trees & limbs down nice it was 330 school out time mums kids every where and no one hurt.. be cleaning this mess up for 2 weeks.

Im good for power but many are not its kinda a repeat of SA few years back when transmission towers in gales flopped over tripping out the supply

Latest posts

Back