the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a GF named Debbie once. She was horny, sexy, batshit crazy with a mean streak. I called her the wet fury. Looks like she morphed into a cyclone. Doesn't surprise me.
Yep, but the psycho ones are the most fun (well for a while, then they just get plain scary........)

ha thats why its on request as the one beside it flopped or last year November storms missing all but a cubby house.. the local rip off power co gave me a quote of $11,600 for 6 hour line shut down ffs & that on top of the est $5000 for tree so im I still working on spider lift combined with a climber aloft with zip line rig to take limbs out over pool

Hey kiwi you mob ok its been windy rainy storms over there

ha thats why its on request as the one beside it flopped or last year November storms missing all but a cubby house.. the local rip off power co gave me a quote of $11,600 for 6 hour line shut down ffs & that on top of the est $5000 for tree so im I still working on spider lift combined with a climber aloft with zip line rig to take limbs out over pool

Yeah , fine Tks. Some parts still underwater for a while yet.

Hey, congrats, I had a timing belt idler belt pulley fail at 30k, was a gates kit, and the bearing collapsed, car stopped dead just driving out the driveway for our last ultrasound not long before due date.
We ended up riding our push bikes the 5 or so ks to the appointment, then I went back and took it all apart and found it had skipped a tooth on the injector pump pulley, and the timing between cam and crank was still ok.
Edited to add, it was in our hilux same model as yours.
NEVER seen that before in all my years as a mechanic, usually its jumped a tooth on the crank, and its game over, and only 30k out of an item that should last well over 100k.
Replaced with genuine belt, idler and tensioner after that, and no probs for the next 100k.
Oh and all went well with the new arrival too, now shes 8 and asking for her own chainsaw, hehe.
It changes your life, but its so worth it, get all the sleep you can in the next few days, you might just need it in the next few years :).

T

Did a shutdown just a couple of months ago. AGL asset and a mob that call themselves No Go Zone for the shutdown and reconnect. $3000 + we needed a spotter from them as well and that was about $600 a day... wasn't too bad.

Hey, congrats, I had a timing belt idler belt pulley fail at 30k, was a gates kit, and the bearing collapsed, car stopped dead just driving out the driveway for our last ultrasound not long before due date.
We ended up riding our push bikes the 5 or so ks to the appointment, then I went back and took it all apart and found it had skipped a tooth on the injector pump pulley, and the timing between cam and crank was still ok.
Edited to add, it was in our hilux same model as yours.
NEVER seen that before in all my years as a mechanic, usually its jumped a tooth on the crank, and its game over, and only 30k out of an item that should last well over 100k.
Replaced with genuine belt, idler and tensioner after that, and no probs for the next 100k.
Oh and all went well with the new arrival too, now shes 8 and asking for her own chainsaw, hehe.
It changes your life, but its so worth it, get all the sleep you can in the next few days, you might just need it in the next few years :).

T

thats whats hapend to mine id say but a few more then just a tooth and at 300km.

thats whats hapend to mine id say but a few more then just a tooth and at 300km.

Bugga !
let me know if you h ave any questions about re doing it, or if you think something is not quite right.
For the small extra cost, I just use genuine toyota stuff now, its just not worth the hassles with the cheap stuff there putting in after market kits now :(

Only 1 tooth out on the injector pump, and it will barely run, lots of smoke etc.
more than that, and it wont run at all.
If you have not yet taken it apart to see, realign the crank timing to tdc, and check your cam timing, then see where the injector pump is.
This will give you all the info you need to know.
If you have already put a new belt and gears on, and its all lined up, it should run perfectly again, any miss, or roughness, and you have further damage :(

When fitting new belt, tensioner, idler etc, put it all on, allow the spring on the tensioner to apply required tension, with the tensioner pulley loose, ie it can apply and vary tension to the belt, rotate the crank so you get 2 full revolutions to help seat the belt, check timing, and allow the tensioner to settle, then apply locktite and tighten/ secure the tensioner in position, no extra tension required.

you probably know all this, but just in case, thought it might help.

Oh and during this busy time, get some sleep :) hehe

Bugga !
let me know if you h ave any questions about re doing it, or if you think something is not quite right.
For the small extra cost, I just use genuine toyota stuff now, its just not worth the hassles with the cheap stuff there putting in after market kits now :(

Only 1 tooth out on the injector pump, and it will barely run, lots of smoke etc.
more than that, and it wont run at all.
If you have not yet taken it apart to see, realign the crank timing to tdc, and check your cam timing, then see where the injector pump is.
This will give you all the info you need to know.
If you have already put a new belt and gears on, and its all lined up, it should run perfectly again, any miss, or roughness, and you have further damage :(

When fitting new belt, tensioner, idler etc, put it all on, allow the spring on the tensioner to apply required tension, with the tensioner pulley loose, ie it can apply and vary tension to the belt, rotate the crank so you get 2 full revolutions to help seat the belt, check timing, and allow the tensioner to settle, then apply locktite and tighten/ secure the tensioner in position, no extra tension required.

you probably know all this, but just in case, thought it might help.

Oh and during this busy time, get some sleep :) hehe

thank you even if you know it is nice to be told what you alredy know help reaffirm
i have to retime it i think some how the crank did a revalution and the cam alittle bit but did not smash the valves :dizzy:.

Did a shutdown just a couple of months ago. AGL asset and a mob that call themselves No Go Zone for the shutdown and reconnect. $3000 + we needed a spotter from them as well and that was about $600 a day... wasn't too bad.

a sore point i know all too well as my tree mates in City power Power co and AGL area all get No go zone shut downs for 22kv & 66kv lines from $1500 to $3000 depending. I have written quotes from UEL NGZ minimum $6700 to the last $11600 as they are a closed shop rip off cartel. Im gathering evidence to take to the electric regulator ESV as its beyond a joke and tree co's will just take the risk rather than pay a ridiculous fee..

I got an itemizes bill they reckon a reusable Hv fuse switch is $3500 just for them to take it out & put back in ffs

Latest posts

Back