the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a sore point i know all too well as my tree mates in City power Power co and AGL area all get No go zone shut downs for 22kv & 66kv lines from $1500 to $3000 depending. I have written quotes from UEL NGZ minimum $6700 to the last $11600 as they are a closed shop rip off cartel. Im gathering evidence to take to the electric regulator ESV as its beyond a joke and tree co's will just take the risk rather than pay a ridiculous fee..

I got an itemizes bill they reckon a reusable Hv fuse switch is $3500 just for them to take it out & put back in ffs
Stick it the phuckers mate. Onya for holding them to account.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM bunnies
my girls at age 4 were helping me dress game like that, they would be disappointed if it wasn't a head shot.
LOL
Have pics of them holding bunnies that were almost as large as they were, great times, and it just gets better.

So when is yours due to arrive ? is it booked, ie c section, induced, or just a date they think it might happen. ?

did you get the lux sorted ?

T

WW1 history for any interested as I was wandering past here yesterday

https://syc.com.au/about/governance/j7-submarine/
For more than 80 years few have known that a former 274 foot (83 metre) British World War 1 submarine known as J7 has sat in the waters as a breakwater at Sandringham Yacht Club, with its rusting upper hull providing moored boats with protection from the Bay’s strong winds and waves.
Despite a world class marina these days all but engulfing the 1700 tonne sunken hulk, thousands of sailors regularly stroll past it enroute to their boats, barely giving a thought about the dramatic World War 1 North Sea naval battles it played part in over 95 years ago.

WP_20170416_006.jpg

WP_20170416_008.jpg

its a date when they think she will pop at the moment it 22nd of this month.

as for the lux not quite yet orderd a new belt so when that turns up it should be all good.

WW1 history for any interested as I was wandering past here yesterday

https://syc.com.au/about/governance/j7-submarine/
For more than 80 years few have known that a former 274 foot (83 metre) British World War 1 submarine known as J7 has sat in the waters as a breakwater at Sandringham Yacht Club, with its rusting upper hull providing moored boats with protection from the Bay’s strong winds and waves.
Despite a world class marina these days all but engulfing the 1700 tonne sunken hulk, thousands of sailors regularly stroll past it enroute to their boats, barely giving a thought about the dramatic World War 1 North Sea naval battles it played part in over 95 years ago.

View attachment 573359

View attachment 573361
There's quite a few of them in the bay, mostly Japanese. Ive dived a couple of them.
From what I understand the J is for sub or j-boat and the number is the depth of water it was sunk in...something like that.

Edit. Some are by depth some are the order they were sunk and I think...seems random.

its a date when they think she will pop at the moment it 22nd of this month.

as for the lux not quite yet orderd a new belt so when that turns up it should be all good.

So you could check your timing with your previous belt, was it ok, if not how far out ?
Are you replacing the idler and tensioner at the same time ?
Have you measured the free length of the tensioner spring, is it within specs ?
Did you find the reason it failed in the first place ?
Just trying to help over the net to make sure you and your family have a reliable lux again.

Hey and the real reason for posting, Congrats, hope mum and bump are doing well, and it all goes as well as it can for you all.
T

So you could check your timing with your previous belt, was it ok, if not how far out ?
Are you replacing the idler and tensioner at the same time ?
Have you measured the free length of the tensioner spring, is it within specs ?
Did you find the reason it failed in the first place ?
Just trying to help over the net to make sure you and your family have a reliable lux again.

Hey and the real reason for posting, Congrats, hope mum and bump are doing well, and it all goes as well as it can for you all.
T

they are doing well but still not poped.

all thats good the crank spun around once all the rest is new. id never done a lux befor so it was the first time and iv done belts and chains on lots of old stuff and i was a bit of a **** and over tensioned the belt so it streched :angry: first time ever f##king up on a Tbelt replacement.

they are doing well but still not poped.

all thats good the crank spun around once all the rest is new. id never done a lux befor so it was the first time and iv done belts and chains on lots of old stuff and i was a bit of a **** and over tensioned the belt so it streched :angry: first time ever f##king up on a Tbelt replacement.

Yeah, no extra tension required, just seat the belt with a few full turns of the crank, (4 to be sure, in direction of rotation of course), and to re-check all the timing marks are right, as the injector pump tends to move off its timing mark easily once the belt is removed, or when your fitting the new belt, I hold it in place with a 19mm (going by memory) spanner etc, i let the spring do the job for you, almost seems too loose but these engines grow, for want of a better word, so if you put any extra tension on the belt, well you have discovered the results.
Just looked at the manual, and the free length of the tension spring should be 44.4 to 45.8mm, measured from the inside of the hook at each end if that makes sence.
Not the outside overall length, but taken from inside each loop end. ie overall length minus the thickness of the wire at each end, well that probably makes it more difficult to understand, but goggle should help.

Give all the toothed gears a good clean, cam, crank, injector pump, make sure there is no bits of old belt, oil, dust etc on them, will really help with belt life too.

All the best for the next few weeks, it can become a blur, but absorb all the things you can, its an amazing, exciting, scary time.

cheers

Yeah, no extra tension required, just seat the belt with a few full turns of the crank, (4 to be sure, in direction of rotation of course), and to re-check all the timing marks are right, as the injector pump tends to move off its timing mark easily once the belt is removed, or when your fitting the new belt, I hold it in place with a 19mm (going by memory) spanner etc, i let the spring do the job for you, almost seems too loose but these engines grow, for want of a better word, so if you put any extra tension on the belt, well you have discovered the results.
Just looked at the manual, and the free length of the tension spring should be 44.4 to 45.8mm, measured from the inside of the hook at each end if that makes sence.
Not the outside overall length, but taken from inside each loop end. ie overall length minus the thickness of the wire at each end, well that probably makes it more difficult to understand, but goggle should help.

Give all the toothed gears a good clean, cam, crank, injector pump, make sure there is no bits of old belt, oil, dust etc on them, will really help with belt life too.

All the best for the next few weeks, it can become a blur, but absorb all the things you can, its an amazing, exciting, scary time.

cheers

will do thanks for all the advice helped alot

If anyone is in South east Queensland the Maleny wood expo is on next long weekend from 29April till 1 of May. Should be a cracker of a show with lots of demos and workshops .
The credit card will get another hammering.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using Tapatalk

yip all doing well no little one yet hoping soon tho

the waiting can be hard best luck,, i recall my 1st dear wife went over due & over time with the delivery and she ran outta energy for the final push, i was asked to do a milk bar run and get some jelly beans asap ,,,she perked up & 8lb in hands soon after.

Latest posts

Back