the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind having a wood shed full of that stuff, I will have to try the other wood tonight and see how it goes.

id like to have wood in my shed :( been to bizy to get out cutting.
Yeah, me too, usually try to be at least a year ahead, but got sick in spring, then crops in and couldnt get in to the area, then too hot to cut, so now were searching for dry wood.
Even dead stuff on the ground is 35% or more moisture, even with this dry summer and autumn, just had a flu the last week, and thats another week written off :(.
then next week its up to 35 and too hot to cut again.
Need to be careful with moisture, we have a boiler at the back of the stove, and if we get damp wood, it blocks up the boiler tubes, and have to let it burn out, cool and then spend some time cleaning it back out.
Having the water jacket as part of the firebox brings down temps in the firebox, and makes any moisture a problem, where as in normal heaters, all it does is soot up the glass on the door.
Still for one lot of cut wood, we can heat all our house, have hot water, and cook, just have to be careful and on the lookout for wood that is above 15% or more.

Any cutting we normally do this time of year is for the following winter, or maybe if split small, end of this winter. Was burning from april last year till nov.

T

interesting day, started with hanging flags & flower pots by mid way we soxed a humungus stone dead trunk then a hand full of other hangers and fallen... The 661 was working well ok but thing that bugs me about that saw is the chain adjust hole is too small for many chain saw tools or screw drivers on our trucks ..

thumbnail_IMG_20180407_071247.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20180407_083609.jpg

interesting day, started with hanging flags & flower pots by mid way we soxed a humungus stone dead trunk then a hand full of other hangers and fallen... The 661 was working well ok but thing that bugs me about that saw is the chain adjust hole is too small for many chain saw tools or screw drivers on our trucks ..

View attachment 644819

View attachment 644820

I'd drill it out to the size you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,
just a little brag here, Wifey has been working on a sewing book for the last 10 years, and last year she finished it, self published and finally launched it.

Its called The Dress Makers Companion.

Whist it is an ok book for beginners, its really aimed at people who have already started on the basics, but want to know more advanced techniques.
Other books give just enough info to get you into trouble, but not really any further, this is where her book shines and takes you well beyond the basics, its her last 20+ years of industry experience, tips and tricks.
I mean its got about 3400 hand drawn illustrations in it for clear step by step instructions.

She entered the book into the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards last year, and we found out that she was a finalist in 2 categories.
Best Cover Art
and
Best art / craft / How to

The award ceremony was held in Texas last night 6th April, unfortunately we were unable to attend.

However, this morning we received an email to inform us that she had won Gold in Best Art / Craft / How too category, and Silver in Best Cover Art.

Very proud of her and wanted to share.

Yes, she helps me bring in firewood too in her spare time :).

Shameless plug in saying it would make an Excellent gift too. :)

Cheers

T
Edited for typos

Latest posts

Back