the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday blokes, I am in nsw and am
Looking at buying a 90cc + husky, if any of you blokes have one that you’d willingly part with can you please give me a message

Hobart is awesome try and get the time to check out the replica of mawsons hut

im back home only there 3 days spent 2 days in a lecture theater,,, did you know that a negative aspect of urban trees includes emissions of biogenic volatile organic compounds (BVOC). Isoprene is the most prevalent BVOC and emitted by many plants during photosynthesis its a protective mechanism to prevent damage to cellular processes. Isoprene negatively affects air quality through the formation of phytochemical smog and ground level ozone. So some species or stressed trees emit greater BVOC and that interacts with NO,x fumes from cars and makes ozone and city smog. https://espace.library.uq.edu.au/view/UQ:379062

well either did i,, but yeah luved Hobart

Make a friend with a magpie and you have a friend for life.

They're amazing birds and farking hilarious too. Will make a hell of a mess in your house though if you let em in.
Yeah have raised heaps of maggies over the years this one was aloud to stay by the gang of 3 maggies that own this bit of ground so am stuck with the little bugger (is actually a she). Normally they have to go off and find there own bit of dirt and ya never see em again.
I dont mind makes less of a mess inside than I do lol
Flys straight in the door lands on top of me tv and says what the hell ya got for me to eat!.
Screenshot_2018-04-09-17-02-54.png

Am trying to decide if I should spend the $80 on one of their pickeroons. Haven't found one person who has one of them that's disappointed in it, yet.

They make good gear no doubt ,but I tend to stear clear of any tools that can't have the handle replaced ... I bought the maul over there X27 because it's a traditional design with handle going threw the head them tools with the head attached with wrap around plastic are just a expensive wedge when the handle breaks and can't be repaired

Where was that? That is one mint looking series two

it was a file picture ripped from the longley hotel facebook page as i was looking it up to check where id been

My little 025 came back from big brothers a bit jammed i fear had cooked off the chain brake off but found only the needle bearing fragged $13 bucks strip clean grease line up the clutch n cover case oil wire thinginy and back in business

They make good gear no doubt ,but I tend to stear clear of any tools that can't have the handle replaced ... I bought the maul over there X27 because it's a traditional design with handle going threw the head them tools with the head attached with wrap around plastic are just a expensive wedge when the handle breaks and can't be repaired
good point. Not sure a pickeroon will see the abuse my axes get though.

If you want a pickeroon or hookeroon for rolling logs, i prefer to do a little plunge cut and use my crow bar. Its also great for breaking partially bucked logs and comes in handy if your unlucky and get a bad pinch.

Its just like an unbreakable wedge with a 5ft handle too...very handy, always carry it.

Thanks. Looked at cant hooks a while ago but decided if it's too big for my tractor to lift, I would only be a danger to myself, others, and equipment if I tried to roll 'em manually :). The pickeroon was mainly for firewood duty - for those little rings that tend to escape a tractor bucket and become a PITA (after the 100th of the day) to reach down and grab manually. There's also the chance of a new splitter for next Summer, that will have an approx 1m stroke. Getting resplits back in front of the knife/wedge will be an issue for my short-arsed self without a pickeroon/hookeroon.

woodxpert-sappie-xa22-1003623_productimage.jpg

Yeah.handle once and done sounds the best option. But achieving that is quite tricky on bigger stuff. I'm bouncing between taking longer for each larger piece to be done with once and for all, or running many through at the same time and then multiplying the handling of resplits. Would be nice to have a machine that would split 'em all down to size in one stroke regardless of size, but that's waaaaaay out of my budget, so am wondering how far into no-mans-land I can afford to go before I get roasted by the monstor that demands greater volume and ever greater costs to achieve it before finally reaching the sustainable volumes. Quite the juggling act.

Back