the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussie hardwood just breaks anything above a two way splitter unless you go massive bucks....
Just sell half splits, easy.

sell half splits
Cools story bro. Needs more dragons. :)

Most people buying firewood here aren't willing or able to split wood themselves. There are a few that will buy rounds/rings/half splits/anything bigger than what'll fit in their firebox, but SFA people like that. I did the math and made a few assumptions and the time saved just busting rings into halves or quarters didn't justify the discount required to sell the resulting 'firewood blocks'.

I use the x27 fiskars and have had some big khunts hanging off it with no fear of handle failure and I think the handle is covered for life anyway.

I use the x27 fiskars and have had some big khunts hanging off it with no fear of handle failure and I think the handle is covered for life anyway.
Here at least, they don't have any lifetime warranty as such, but they'll generally replace if not misused. So I'm told at least.

I use a keech keesteel timberman axe for splitting once I break the rounds down if needed with a 8lb maul, use the axe a lot to move big rounds around. We have a 40ton diesel splitter but don't use it went back to hand ,it's a lot faster & no lifting blocks around

IMAG0500_1.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg
IMAG0460.jpg
IMAG0479_1.jpg

saw this & had to buy as so curious if will work at all,, it more likely end up in the big box "what was i thinking!!"

MUZZLE BRAKE COMPENSATOR .308 Calibres threaded in 5/8x24

• 9 large baffles, each featuring 2 vertical ports, redirect a massive volume of gas away from the bore axis. This not only provides maximum recoil reduction but also reduces the torsional recoil force associated with heavy bullets and fast twist rates.
  • Closed bottom greatly diminishes dust signature.
  • This not only provides maximum recoil reduction but also reduces the torsional recoil force associated with heavy bullets and fast twist rates.
  • Machined from high strength Aluminium.
  • 5/8-24 TPI thread featuring High pitch diameter tolerance class 3B threads machined in the same operation as the bore ensures a perfect concentricity, this combined with a progressively decreasing baffle thickness and maximized venting area significantly reduce bullet flight disturbance resulting in less yaw, higher BC, and improved accuracy.
  • Computer CAE optimized for maximum strength to weight ratio and impact survivability
  • Black
  • Length - 165mm
  • Super lightweight.
  • Fits all .308 calibres threaded in 5/8x24
s-l1600.png

I need some my self how much?

Got it from the local timber and hardware/ stihl dealer/ petrol station, Camerons H hardware for $129. R.H.Bare Pty Ltd Bare-CO 6metres 6000kg of Grade70 10mm High tensile short link chain and hooks

saw this & had to buy as so curious if will work at all,, it more likely end up in the big box "what was i thinking!!"

MUZZLE BRAKE COMPENSATOR .308 Calibres threaded in 5/8x24

• 9 large baffles, each featuring 2 vertical ports, redirect a massive volume of gas away from the bore axis. This not only provides maximum recoil reduction but also reduces the torsional recoil force associated with heavy bullets and fast twist rates.
  • Closed bottom greatly diminishes dust signature.
  • This not only provides maximum recoil reduction but also reduces the torsional recoil force associated with heavy bullets and fast twist rates.
  • Machined from high strength Aluminium.
  • 5/8-24 TPI thread featuring High pitch diameter tolerance class 3B threads machined in the same operation as the bore ensures a perfect concentricity, this combined with a progressively decreasing baffle thickness and maximized venting area significantly reduce bullet flight disturbance resulting in less yaw, higher BC, and improved accuracy.
  • Computer CAE optimized for maximum strength to weight ratio and impact survivability
  • Black
  • Length - 165mm
  • Super lightweight.
  • Fits all .308 calibres threaded in 5/8x24
View attachment 651001

and you would never dream of putting a tight fitting pipe around the outside of it...

Back