the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ha thats why you got 1 called the kiwi i new there'd be a story to that haha. What it cost to get it there n dramas ect ect? Very interested cos kinda thinkin maybe overseas mite be the go theres nly 4 n half million of us here so a small market for stuff.. why you not buy 1 there?

Ah ha thats why you got 1 called the kiwi i new there'd be a story to that haha. What it cost to get it there n dramas ect ect? Very interested cos kinda thinkin maybe overseas mite be the go theres nly 4 n half million of us here so a small market for stuff.. why you not buy 1 there?
2100s have become a bit of a cult collectors saw I have a bunch of them and kiwi happened to have a good one for sale post was pretty cheap from memery if you want one as a work saw I would go with 2 or 3 series saws 272 288 372 394/395 great saws and parts plenty full 2100 really is a power house at 99cc but parts are hard to come by

Yea mate handy as have bin tinkering all my life rc stuff mowers saws dirt bikes mountain bikes engineering cars gearboxes. Love it all and its good to learn I'll do some study on the huskys a saw is a work saw i dont see the point in it sitting and having things for the sake of it.
70 odd cc is plenty for what i do really i run a 24inch on the bigger mac thats a huge tree for me thatle deal with the biggest of trees I'll ever get here. Mite be a chunt to drop them but its generaly only scavenging wind blown or dropped stuff id get any way. The father in law has a husky 50 sitting there with low compression worth having a fiddle?

Youl be a handy man for knowlage of huskys hopfully you dont mind sharing it around when i score some.

I have a rancher 50 here on nitro goes pretty good :rock: the 2100s get used just not a lot also don't often have the need to run a big saw 372 is my go to but I have three or four 61s as well they will pull a 24" bar but will work for it

A few more weeks then I'll spend another building up depleted brownie points at home and then I'm buggering off to where nobody can find me for a few days. Just get away from everything ad everyone. Not sure where yet but o the coast ad I'll take my fishing gear.
I dunno mate. I think I have struck yellow box that was so twisted crosscutting it was throwing 'noodles' or ripping dust, seldom any chips. No possible way to split that ***** whatever it was so pushed it into the burn pile. Another time the gum was red and the grain so dense you couldn't even see it. Just solid block of fibre reinforced resin that was as hard as concrete. Didn't matter what I tried, I could not get the corners on full chisel to not round over in the first few seconds of cutting it. Semi chisel and patience worked and it split quite easily for firewood too, but darn that was hard stuff.

Got quite a few mates in Dargaville. Either I or they will know your Missus' fandamily.

Many of the poles I hack down on farms up North are Jarrah. Got a reasonable collection on a mates farm that's slowly being taxed before I can find a use for it ;-)

Twenty years ago, most of the houses I worked on were for rich people in Auckland doing up old villas. It was interesting to note how many grand old Kauri villas in Auckland were actually kitset houses from Aus. We sent the wood over, it came back as kitsets. Even back then we were as dumb as a box of hammers not adding max value to our own primary product.
That sounds strange, jarra isn't a timber that's normally used untreated for power poles, it's a dark red/brown coloured timber , plus our east coast is where the good stuff grows & that's 4000 klm closer to NZ than WA is.

2100s have become a bit of a cult collectors saw I have a bunch of them and kiwi happened to have a good one for sale post was pretty cheap from memery if you want one as a work saw I would go with 2 or 3 series saws 272 288 372 394/395 great saws and parts plenty full 2100 really is a power house at 99cc but parts are hard to come by

A few saws I've picked recently the 281 was given to me as non running in a box, the 2100 I had to buy and 61 hardwood I found out bush.20180723_104751.jpg 20170710_085110.jpg 20161008_131430~2.jpg

Lif
That sounds strange, jarra isn't a timber that's normally used untreated for power poles, it's a dark red/brown coloured timber , plus our east coast is where the good stuff grows & that's 4000 klm closer to NZ than WA is.
life's full of mysteries

maybe the same way the bluegum got there?. as for couler more rain/less fall can play a big part in that sort of thing.

Jesus h Christ the seppos take there sharpening serious. I started reading all the sharpening threads because my chain needed sharpening every tank or two. I thought that was doing something wrong but after a lot cutting our messmate,vic ash,ironbark,blue gum,black wattle and all the other bushwood we have down here it seems like im doing all right.
But after reading the threads I felt like I should give up hand sharpening on the back of the ute using one hand to hold the saw and the other to sharpen as it does not give you a hope in hell to cut any wood little known aussie hardwood. If I had read these threads before ever attempting to hand sharpen I would have been lost and probably spent a fortune on new chains or a mechanical sharpening system.

Prob the easeyest way to hand fine is with one of those Stihl two in one file system does the rakers at the same time.

Ive started lowering the rakers a bit more and that's helped a lot. Its a bit more aggressive though. Im also using a vice now and making sure the angles are correct.
I was going a bit past 30 degree when I was sharpening without the vice.

It's fast in green timber when it's right not much chop for firewood dirt and crap roots it really fast but don't be put off its not as hard to file as people say I'm better at it then round filing

The 50 that almost could the stihl is 70cc with round chisel the 50 is 55cc running 5%nitro and a square 325 chain in less then ideal conditions in green wood that little 50 flys

Here's one I did on a 372 pull the muffler off find a good spot where the heat coming out of the extra port won't melt anything bore a hole and weld/braze a tube in like it did I wouldn't go bigger then half inch the one on the right is one I fitted the left one is factory the other two holes are bolt holes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back