the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
decent weekend got ma chores done **** day on gun range i was spraying 600 yards **** shots all over the club chaps said the mirage was at fault i could see it shimmer but yet to understand how to read it... thankfully the computer scorer took a pil and busted so i could give up n go home i might clean me barrel adjust me load recipe or poke me eyes out with a burning stick cus they seem to wander when needed...
I guess you are a scope kinda bloke?

Yep sure is, last shoot at the Dean range in SA before they closed it down for the bypass road, spotting scope is next to me, thats iron sights at 600.

If you have one bad day, dont re invent the wheel or second guess, wait till conditions are good, then test, confirm, then change, if your fighting mirage, then confidence in your equipment will go a long way.
And we all have good days, and other days, we couldnt hit the ground if we fell over.
Have watched people second guess themselves to 3 targets over :mad:.

Attachments

• traindean.jpg
    traindean.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 8
tree down over my fence and my creek. saw got a bath :) first time ive ran this one i water ran well no water spraying out any where it should not, so no spray on or near air intake.
View attachment 673766

I was half way thru an 18" thick, or so fallen gum when all of a sudden, I am covered in wet stinky stuff, first thought was critter blood, guts n pee, but not thick enough, and anyway, it began pouring out, and I got a good soaking.
Tree hollow with old bee hive, then filled with 50-60 or more lts of water, just sitting stagnant in the trunk till I cut into it. Yeah it takes off the bar lube pretty quickly, and no, bees wax didnt help.
Left quite the mud puddle to work in, which seemed to attract the interest of the bees as I continued, but they were more interested in having a drink than bothering me.

Edited to add, btw, nice saw 2strokenut, is that a newie ?

I was half way thru an 18" thick, or so fallen gum when all of a sudden, I am covered in wet stinky stuff, first thought was critter blood, guts n pee, but not thick enough, and anyway, it began pouring out, and I got a good soaking.
Tree hollow with old bee hive, then filled with 50-60 or more lts of water, just sitting stagnant in the trunk till I cut into it. Yeah it takes off the bar lube pretty quickly, and no, bees wax didnt help.
Left quite the mud puddle to work in, which seemed to attract the interest of the bees as I continued, but they were more interested in having a drink than bothering me.

Edited to add, btw, nice saw 2strokenut, is that a newie ?

not a new one iv had it for 4 years it cuts about 20 cubic meters this year and larst 40 for the first 2 years of having it

Yeah the coat makes a huge difference not sure on there rules but we use a similar thing in small bore and have to meet a bunch of thickness stiffness and weight standards same goes for the slings rifles under garments and the same for trousers and shoes if shooting three position

Kinda sad seeing urban trees getting the chop but interesting all the same and keeps food on the table. My mates got a 311 its not a bad saw really for the hate they get. The muffler fell to bits after 2 winters but was probably loose bolts other wise goes good n rips a 20 real good.

Kinda sad seeing urban trees getting the chop but interesting all the same and keeps food on the table. My mates got a 311 its not a bad saw really for the hate they get. The muffler fell to bits after 2 winters but was probably loose bolts other wise goes good n rips a 20 real good.

yeah agree most of the 10 where dead dying termites or storm busted we strip the canopy & crane away trunks as far cheaper man hour wise than saw logging them up into chunks..

I dropped a few sticks down for locals to turn fire wood some went to natural bush land as habitat for critters some went to block - stop MX bikers from tearing up parks

Some good logs there too. What would a decent chunk sell for, say 24" x 6ft long? Been thinking of hitting up the local tree mob when i see them dropping trees in my street.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Some good logs there too. What would a decent chunk sell for, say 24" x 6ft long? Been thinking of hitting up the local tree mob when i see them dropping trees in my street.

I wouldn't know sell price when we have spare sticks we just give them away save input $ cost of cutting it up. The fixed cost would be transport eg yesterday 10 logs $1-1200 a day for crane & operator or 1 log $3- 400 as that the minimum hire charge.

if can find a crew who can get a big log onto a truck and your place is easy dump off the cost should be just labor fuel time and slab

That's a nice crane truck that one. If only I could take one of those into the forests.....hmm. Reckon I could do 3 seasons in a day, easy. Getting caught with that though I think I'd be in a bit of strife.

I wouldn't know sell price when we have spare sticks we just give them away save input $ cost of cutting it up. The fixed cost would be transport eg yesterday 10 logs $1-1200 a day for crane & operator or 1 log $3- 400 as that the minimum hire charge.

if can find a crew who can get a big log onto a truck and your place is easy dump off the cost should be just labor fuel time and slab
Yeah was thinking of rocking up with a carton and trailer and getting them to drop one in with the bobcat but wasn't sure if they were worth more than that. Handy to know, thanks mate.

Latest posts

Back