the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
China 372 jug by the looks pretty odd failure who ported it? 308? Looks pretty standard except the wide exhaust and un shrouded lower intake

308 porting, that would explain the pattern around the nice round holes of where the metal behaved like a liquid when exposed to such forces.
Thought it was a decomp end fall out and then hammered around and then thru, on closer inspection, it appears there is more than one application of rapid force :)

It's coming back around ,got plans to fab a skeleton handle and underframe and put a yz 125 pro circuit pipe and keihin pwk

Thanks mate, have watched a vid on how to reprofile the gaffs from the Bashling website, as one of the tips is a bit bent over, if the chap had rope, I would have only used it for the trailer tho :) Will spend a bit more time relearning what I forgot when I did some climbing years ago, and then start asking some semi intelligent questions here on how best to be safe/ what size rope to use etc as I would imagine things have changed quite a bit in 20 years.

Here are the other odds n ends

Attachments

• climbingbits.jpg
    climbingbits.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 9
Thanks mate, have watched a vid on how to reprofile the gaffs from the Bashling website, as one of the tips is a bit bent over, if the chap had rope, I would have only used it for the trailer tho :) Will spend a bit more time relearning what I forgot when I did some climbing years ago, and then start asking some semi intelligent questions here on how best to be safe/ what size rope to use etc as I would imagine things have changed quite a bit in 20 years.

Here are the other odds n ends

not much has changed,, gravity still operates at 9.8m/per second and your gear ideally should stop that from taking effect...

The gear looks like a 1988 lineman's bucket truck kit... The screw gate carabiner are frowned upon as idiots forgot to hard tighten them and fell off the line so we gone to triple lock crabs and they can still undo in rare but possible rope rub events, The fliplines look ok,, old but ok watch the snap gate safety at ends dont jam and stay open ,,ask me how i learnt that.. ..

Enjoy watch vids ask people ?? a good rope and better harness will get you up most trees but have someone on hand to back you up..

furg im tired flight home gets in after midnight then the drive home then up to work,, my eyes are burning

thumbnail_IMG_20181026_142912.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20181026_141155.jpg

dear wife doing her barrel girl in front of rare rocks kimberlite & oil thats 1 to 2 billion years old

thumbnail_IMG_20181027_083115.jpg

sorrento Perth is much like sorrento Melbourne more sharks im told
thumbnail_IMG_20181028_071705.jpg
dint bend the benz $187 for 3 days with higher grade insurance is not bad
thumbnail_IMG_20181027_082029.jpg

Those foxes in Tassie is an interesting one.
Some prick who couldnt get a town planning through to turn his farm into surfers paradise decided to stick it up the government and import foxes via his car boot on the ferry.
They caught the prick, even still had the foxes hair in the back of his car, but they stuffed up the investigation on a technicality and the prosecution fell through....
They think they caught all of them, but would be disastrous if they didnt.

On another note, had a serious wombat problem these past couple of months. Tried every animal rescue place around, none were interested, DELWP were useless too. At first I tried to gas it in its burrow but I couldnt get to all of the burrows with my car exhaust setup and I lucked out on that, so stayed up the other night late and waited for it......and then it appeared....

I had a shotty with solids, thought that would be good enough, best I could do.

Took 4 shots to take it out. I knew I was in trouble when I put the first one through its shoulder and it kept going. I wont give the gory details but every shot was a direct hit and it wasnt until i put a 5th into it that I knew it was dead for sure.

Pulls at the heart strings not getting a clean kill on it first shot.

If it happens again I wont be using that method again...high powered rifle only.

Some prick who couldnt get a town planning through to turn his farm into surfers paradise decided to stick it up the government and import foxes via his car boot on the ferry.
They caught the prick, even still had the foxes hair in the back of his car, but they stuffed up the investigation on a technicality and the prosecution fell through....

On another note, had a serious wombat problem these past couple of months. Tried every animal rescue place around, none were interested, DELWP were useless too. At first I tried to gas it in its burrow but I couldnt get to all of the burrows with my car exhaust setup and I lucked out on that, so stayed up the other night late and waited for it......and then it appeared....

Took 4 shots to take it out. I knew I was in trouble when I put the first one through its shoulder and it kept going. I wont give the gory details but every shot was a direct hit and it wasnt until i put a 5th into it that I knew it was dead for sure.

If it happens again I wont be using that method again...high powered rifle only.

Wombats are tough little creatures, from what I've heard a good hit in the back or side of the head from a 223 is good enough.

Popped into ......... There i was looking at battery saws yeah seemed almost akin too heresy...

http://www.acesaws.com.au/museum.htm

Don't feel bad, although Stihl seem to lag a big behind Husky in that area.

For climbing and general stuff around the burbs, the battery saws seem to be the go mostly now for convenience as well as enviro benefits. Stuff all noise, no spills, no emissions, etc..

Don't feel bad, although Stihl seem to lag a big behind Husky in that area.

For climbing and general stuff around the burbs, the battery saws seem to be the go mostly now for convenience as well as enviro benefits. Stuff all noise, no spills, no emissions, etc..

I'm very happy with the stihl battery gear I been using some for over a year now. I was shopping looking when if the next generation will arrive was told manufacturing underway just some hicups,,, with? hmm cant recall now but 6 to 12 months off Gen3 battery saws.

My only ***** is the air vent design allows saw electronics get all dirty as the vents dont screen out the oil and dust muck the shop mechanic agreed he had a few fizzed due to this..

thumbnail_IMG_20181024_145325 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20181024_145306 (1).jpg

Not great re the electrics in those saws hey.

The few guys I've spoken too are running Huskies cause of a few early problems with the Stihls, I think it was battery related though and probably sorted by now.

Wouldn't be posting about shooting protected natives

Back