the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw something i not seen before at gun club chap shoots 500 yards but i spy a small puff blur about 100 yard out and the sonic bang is different?? and then no score on the electronics... some discussion about was that a bullet in flight detonating 2 shots later we all watching saw the quick little puff and different sonic crack . WTF powder weight you loading bloke 47g 2208 in 1.8 twist 308 155 palma pills

must be detonating in flight

Hey fellas, do you know anyone you trust coming to NZ anytime soon? The FF I want is NZ$840 here yet over there the same one is NZ$630 but they won't sell outside Oz, so I'm trying to find a way to get it here cheaply. I can get it sent to sis in Sydney but would then have to ausPost it over, which might still be worth it but if I could get it sent directly to someone coming over even better.

saw something i not seen before at gun club chap shoots 500 yards but i spy a small puff blur about 100 yard out and the sonic bang is different?? and then no score on the electronics... some discussion about was that a bullet in flight detonating 2 shots later we all watching saw the quick little puff and different sonic crack . WTF powder weight you loading bloke 47g 2208 in 1.8 twist 308 155 palma pills

Must be dellorian projectiles

But 1:8 is a fast twist for 308 ,mostly 1:10 1:12 twist for up to 220gr . Small 155gr pill small for 1:8, rpm sheading it's copper jacket off ?

Hey fellas, do you know anyone you trust coming to NZ anytime soon? The FF I want is NZ$840 here yet over there the same one is NZ$630 but they won't sell outside Oz, so I'm trying to find a way to get it here cheaply. I can get it sent to sis in Sydney but would then have to ausPost it over, which might still be worth it but if I could get it sent directly to someone coming over even better.

luv too help luv to come to NZ again be third time in 3+ years buuut sorry no can do

Must be dellorian projectiles

But 1:8 is a fast twist for 308 ,mostly 1:10 1:12 twist for up to 220gr . Small 155gr pill small for 1:8, rpm sheading it's copper jacket off ?

yeah that was the mobs mindful consensus

me new barrel working fine and forgiving in what it prefers to eat and spit to 100 yards... im staying ATM with 45.5grains of 2208 berger 155.5 target seated 73.58 mm coal

thumbnail_IMG_20181201_142531.jpg

Lol. That ported saw is wicked. With a magnum sticker it would shave another 5/8ths off the cookie times.
Lol yeah for sure a mag sticker or over boost sticker probably cut few seconds of cookie times.
But sadly I don't think ported saws are for me its hard work! Keeping a straight face is not easy lol

Well chooks are laying like mad the snakes are out it was 27°c yesterday 35°c in the back of the house so id say we have summer i hope we get 4 months of warm down here get the tomartos grown out this year befor the first frost kills them.

yeah been warm past few days not stinking,, im yet got to gather the family mob do a what if?? fire scenario plan as each billy lid get a corner of the house to defend while mum and i will run watch act if a fire comes by we're not in a super high risk patch but

Walking along the front verhanda a few days ago, and came across a 4.5ft brown just having a nose around, wasnt fussed by my presence, so he has seen us before, but we have not seen him by the house.
Got the shovel, and he began to move along the side of the house, gently tapped his tail, and he took off around the house hugging the wall, I think he ended up either in the cellar, or headed back to the creek, wife didnt see where it went after it shot past the back door, it almost caught up with her before she got inside, I know I should not laugh, but.
At least you can see the larger ones easily, and they keep the small ropey stupid ones down too.

Had some fires the other week with the storms that passed, some nearby ish 5k away in crop unfortunately, they hit that hard with 2 aircraft before they went to the next one.
Trees down a k up the road and blocked it, reasonable size 2ft thick 25ft up, neighbors up the hill had pulled over as it was hailing, only golf ball size, and then 4 or so trees came down around her, she had the kids in the car too, she couldnt move the car till some trees were removed.

no one hurt, thats the main point, but it was pretty close, have the cotton clothes for fire ready, hope we dont have to use them this year, the fire last summer near the town was enough excitement to last us a while.

yeah been warm past few days not stinking,, im yet got to gather the family mob do a what if?? fire scenario plan as each billy lid get a corner of the house to defend while mum and i will run watch act if a fire comes by we're not in a super high risk patch but

iv got a plan wife kids cloths and pets leagel papers guns go in ute and ill ride the horse and bring the ponie along and id just let the rest of the **** burn. **** staying and fighting im way to close to the bush id just let the place go up.

Got state forest choca with eucs less than 100mtrs from the house.

Bad day and fire in the canopy you'd be lucky.

There's a doco I saw 3 years ago on the Black Saturday fires on SBS or ABC. Brilliant doco showing the human cost and stories from those involved, all had lost at least one.

Those fires were capable of killing you at 300mtrs from radiant heat. Disastrous.

yeah crowning fire, and its all over, if you have a wall of forest not far away, its bad news. Amazing but terrible to see road signs just melted on the spot.
We are fortunate, that our plan consists of dealing with a grass fire situation, have cleared all around the house, taken down lots of fire prone plants that previous owners had grown near the place, now its cleared, and we have our own way of supplying water to our hose system around the house if we loose power, no mains water here.
Still get nervous with 20 tonnes or so of wood seasoning for the following years each time a hot northerlie starts blowing tho.
Our plan is to do as much prep if possible, plug gutters, run hoses outside to damp down the ground around the place, and fill gutters, let fire front pass, then put out spot fires, best place for us is inside the old stone home. I took months years ago in the ceiling cleaning out all the rat, mice, and bird nests and vacuuming out all the debrits before installing insulation, place would have gone up like a bomb if an ember fell in there. Also have fire rated roof vents, and tidied up air entry points, still it could catch and go up, but have done as much as I can to reduce the risk.
Have 2 small 2tb hard drives with all important documents so they can be grabbed and stuffed in pocket of grab and go bags with water, clothes, first aid in them, so you hopefully have a bit more than just the clothes on your back, but things can still go wrong quickly in a fire :(.
But a plan is better than no plan, and some prep is better than no prep, even it you loose it, you still have your mindset.

Im in a bushfire hotspot down here with our backs to the Ocean at least. Only one road out which is the great ocean road which every man and his dog will jump onto which would be crazy during the holidays. Our house which is a rental is a old weather board which is pretty much undefendable but it wouldn't matter anyway at the rate the fires tear through here any way.
But I do choose to live here so I know the risks and sh!t myself every time its 40 deg and a strong northerly like 2 days ago.

I was deployed down the black Saturday fires with out rfs strike team ,went down in our CAT1 , wasn't a pretty week was total carnage. they say it was equivelant in energy to 15000 hiroshima nukes, lots of barbie q smell

brother in laws rip alloy car wheels melted Black Saturday February soon 10 years ago. His house was 100 yards from bush but became totally undefendable due to 100+ k furnace temperature ember laden winds.. He died trapped they had to pull apart his fire cooked body from his 2 dogs we knew but it still took 2 weeks to confirm was him

thumbnail_IMG_20181209_092911.jpg

This is our home memorial for him, prolly should take dear wife up pay respects next year

Back