the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas Cuunts.

Just gone 5am here and I'm about to head to the estuary for a morning paddle and fish before the days chaos kicks in. Nanna nap this arvo for sure.

Yep, Merry Christmas all.
Been up refilling the solar hot water system before the sun came up, discovered it was leaking yesterday, thumb and golf ball sized hail stones from storm the other day did more damage than I realised.

Yay! most likely be covering the panels when its 40+ for the next few days to save the pump.

Nothing was open yesterday, and even if they were, dont think they would have stocked the parts required.

Yep, thats my Christmas present.

Rekon an early morning paddle would have been a great way to start the day, not stuffing around on the roof like a possum with arthritis.

Yep, Merry Christmas all.
Been up refilling the solar hot water system before the sun came up, discovered it was leaking yesterday, thumb and golf ball sized hail stones from storm the other day did more damage than I realised.

Yay! most likely be covering the panels when its 40+ for the next few days to save the pump.

Nothing was open yesterday, and even if they were, dont think they would have stocked the parts required.

Yep, thats my Christmas present.

Rekon an early morning paddle would have been a great way to start the day, not stuffing around on the roof like a possum with arthritis.
It was bliss mate.
thisMorning.jpg

But that's it for about a week until I earn another free pass off the plantation. Half a dozen Aussie salmon that all went back. They fight well for their size. Got to try a new rod and reel out that's more suited to bigger critters but still fun on these ones this morning. Got about an hour before the hordes arrive here then time to eat, drink, offend as many of 'em as I can, hopefully swing in the breeze in a hammock this arvo and wake up and figure out who's still talking to me.

Hope you get the solar hot water sorted. Been looking at the crazy weather in Aus the last few weeks. Seems like you guys have got just about everything lately.
We just got almost two solid days on monsoonal rains that have filled up everyone's tanks for Summer. Hopefully that's if for a few months.

It was bliss mate.
View attachment 692336

But that's it for about a week until I earn another free pass off the plantation. Half a dozen Aussie salmon that all went back. They fight well for their size. Got to try a new rod and reel out that's more suited to bigger critters but still fun on these ones this morning. Got about an hour before the hordes arrive here then time to eat, drink, offend as many of 'em as I can, hopefully swing in the breeze in a hammock this arvo and wake up and figure out who's still talking to me.

Hope you get the solar hot water sorted. Been looking at the crazy weather in Aus the last few weeks. Seems like you guys have got just about everything lately.
We just got almost two solid days on monsoonal rains that have filled up everyone's tanks for Summer. Hopefully that's if for a few months.

Ah, happy for you KiwiBro, sounds like a great day ahead for you.
Was going to say ya bastard, but it didnt sound right on a day like today.
Well gotta go, my daughters just called out that their Lego needs another sticker applied.

:)
And I guess I better clean and fire up the webbers, no way im cooking the turkey in the rayburn like I did last year.

Attachments

• turkeybacon17.jpg
    turkeybacon17.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 10
Glued to the CFS web site, and keeping an eye out the window.
Only got to 41 yesterday, but its warmer today, and windy as can be.
Set up the petrol pump by the well to draw water and pump into our house line if we loose power, so we have at least a fighting chance at saving the house if a fire passes thru.
Tho its so windy, I rekon the hose wouldnt even reach 10 feet into the wind. :(

Watching the lightning tracker too, the real threat is dry lightning later today :(
Have drunk so much water already today I rekon I could put out at least a small spot fire in this wind :)

hope you all have the week off and put ya feet up. i know i will be.

im pottering about doin all the little crap jobs i set aside that patch of concrete, a dab of plaster or paint i even deep bathed my chipper it looking spanky clean..

I got a drone for chrissy?? strange i dont recall asking or wanting one but im leaning to fly it tho tad tricky but im getting the hang Its got a camera slung under so im getting ariel pictures of my local by next week it be missing busted or on lost interest shelf..

Glued to the CFS web site, and keeping an eye out the window.
Only got to 41 yesterday, but its warmer today, and windy as can be.
Set up the petrol pump by the well to draw water and pump into our house line if we loose power, so we have at least a fighting chance at saving the house if a fire passes thru.
Tho its so windy, I rekon the hose wouldnt even reach 10 feet into the wind. :(

Watching the lightning tracker too, the real threat is dry lightning later today :(
Have drunk so much water already today I rekon I could put out at least a small spot fire in this wind :)

You reminded me to prepare more thanks
I did mate a favor he got a dozen+ new but out of date factory extinguisher various size and use for me so i can place them in tactical parts if the need arises..

example picture

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Just went outside to check on the wind whilst talking on the phone and smelt smoke.
Grrrrrrrrrr
fire about 5 k away, the great news is that the wind had backed right off, 12 units hitting it at the moment, cant see smoke, but we are in a valley, and the fire is in the other valley to our west.
So thank full the wind is not as strong as it was earlier in the day.

Good score on the extinguishers, excellent for in a shed, house etc.

Heading out to re check the pump, and all the hoses again, wife took some to water the vegy patch, double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good news, its contained.

im pottering about doin all the little crap jobs i set aside that patch of concrete, a dab of plaster or paint i even deep bathed my chipper it looking spanky clean..

I got a drone for chrissy?? strange i dont recall asking or wanting one but im leaning to fly it tho tad tricky but im getting the hang Its got a camera slung under so im getting ariel pictures of my local by next week it be missing busted or on lost interest shelf..

they send them suckers out looking for game.

Melbourne city great this time of year it mostly empty as heaps of people gone away to holiday places.. I just drove down Flinders street parked and played pinball top near market.... Im hearing the country towns are all full of city slickers making it hell for the locals

Melbourne city great this time of year it mostly empty as heaps of people gone away to holiday places.. I just drove down Flinders street parked and played pinball top near market.... Im hearing the country towns are all full of city slickers making it hell for the locals

that they would be

Latest posts

Back