the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost hit 45, its cooling off now down to 44 now the cloud is starting to arrive.
Had to shoo a 5.5ft buck kangaroo out of the vegy patch again, he was quite happy nosing around under the sprinklers.
Wife had gone into the vegy patch, and only when closing the gate whilst leaving it, realised he was in there watching her unfussed by her presence, cheeky sod took out 2 of our sweet corn plants whilst making a nice place to lay down under the sprinkler. Still cant blame him, it was 44.9 today.
Have put out water for them under the mulberry tree last week, which offers good shade, but no, they must come into the vegy patch, then less than an hr later, he is back, and didnt want to move out this time.
Bit of a stand off till he finally gave up and hopped over the fence, not happy to dance with a male kangaroo only armed with a shovel, if he keeps this caper up he might be enjoying the inside of a freezer.
dont feel bad Derwoodii, heat knocks the daylights out of me now too.

jeepers big roo dont turn ya back on em

yay slight sea bresse just in cooling off the house upstairs,,,, that was an easy day tomoz gonna be a bit harder heat wind change so typically im out sorting limbs off power lines roads & cars and dealing with the unhappiness

Almost hit 45, its cooling off now down to 44 now the cloud is starting to arrive.
Had to shoo a 5.5ft buck kangaroo out of the vegy patch again, he was quite happy nosing around under the sprinklers.
Wife had gone into the vegy patch, and only when closing the gate whilst leaving it, realised he was in there watching her unfussed by her presence, cheeky sod took out 2 of our sweet corn plants whilst making a nice place to lay down under the sprinkler. Still cant blame him, it was 44.9 today.
Have put out water for them under the mulberry tree last week, which offers good shade, but no, they must come into the vegy patch, then less than an hr later, he is back, and didnt want to move out this time.
Bit of a stand off till he finally gave up and hopped over the fence, not happy to dance with a male kangaroo only armed with a shovel, if he keeps this caper up he might be enjoying the inside of a freezer.
dont feel bad Derwoodii, heat knocks the daylights out of me now too.

mulberry pie mmmmmm drool. i would have poped him in the freezer right up dam your keen going in there with a shovel.

Hah, yeah your right Derwoodii, watched him like a hawk I can tell you, whilst breaking eye contact and trying to settle him down when he challenged, gave him a grunt back in return, but then tried to de escalate things by stepping back one step and ignoring him a bit, but still watching him closely out of the corner of my eyes, was ready to de ass the area rapidly tho.

There are about 15 that come by the place, and generally they dont cause any probs, if I need freezer material I have places to go where they are in large numbers and need reducing.
Anyway, I didnt feel like dealing with the flies and the heat any longer whilst collecting some steaks, but if he got all froggy, that could have changed rapidly.
I rekon he just wanted to be left alone under the sprinkler surrounded by lovely food, I would have been uncooperative too come to think of it.

Yep 2strokenut, mulberries are late this year, after this heat I think we will have dried mulberries ready to pic and put in a jar, forget the drying racks :) its an old tree, bit over 100 years old, so really good fruit.
dunno about keen, more like stupid :), I guess were so used to them around, and for the most part they are tolerant of us, have been working on the hilux only to hear foot steps, look up, and there is a family of roos passing down the side of the car right next to me, some stop, look, and move on or nibble the weeds nearby, only holding a 12mm spanner, you feel rather under prepared when the big alpha stops and eyeballs you and you feel his breath in your face.

Yeah, whilst they are not causing problems, we like having them about the place, the girls are fine, but the boy kangaroos are just unpredictable and you cant trust them.
Having watched this lot grow up in our paddock and near by, they are quite tolerant of our presence, got up this morning, and the big boy was munching down by the creek behind the house, just have to keep an eye out for him, my eldest daughter spoke to me last night, and said if he wont go away, and starts to think the vegy patch is his and not ours, can you shoot him daddy ?, good wise head on her shoulders me thinks.
I think there is a place for all Gods creatures including kangaroos, right next to the mashed potatoes and grated beetroot steamed in butter :) but its nice having them about the place too keeping the thistles down.
Will see if i can get some pictures off wifes camera.
Pics for your amusement.

Kangaroovegpatch.jpg

Kangaroosprinkler.jpg

kangaroo under sprinker.jpg

Kangarooshoo.jpg

Kangarooshoonope.jpg

Really cant blame him for wanting to relax under the sprinklers when its 45 C in the shade.

nah missed it, but did get a few min of the ghan, must have been lots of fun in the old days of steam.......not!
tho I did enjoy throwing coal off a shovel into a firebox.
Hey, ive gone cross eyed and my brain hurts from looking at 661 vs 660 threads here, whats the aussie consensus on the 661 and mtronic, have they sorted out the issues, or are they still selling saws with the old coil and solenoid hoping they are ok and then replacing them as required. Or when did they start putting the better filter/ solenoid and coil in those they sell, 2016, 17 etc ?

Latest posts

Back