the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have set up this at our Church for a number of years, either Anzac or Remembrance day.

Lest we Forget.

Rday2.jpg
My girls with the youngest's Poppy quilt just set up, she won at the local RSL raffle, she knows all about what it means, and wrote a thank you letter to the lady who made it, her husband a recently passed Vietnam vet helped make it, and when she visited her friend here, we were able to catch up, a lovely time it was.

Previous years, and there were some special medals hung there too.

Remdayservice.jpg
Anzac15med.jpg anzacg15.jpg

Special people, very special people.

T

Have set up this at our Church for a number of years, either Anzac or Remembrance day.

Lest we Forget.

View attachment 732095
My girls with the youngest's Poppy quilt just set up, she won at the local RSL raffle, she knows all about what it means, and wrote a thank you letter to the lady who made it, her husband a recently passed Vietnam vet helped make it, and when she visited her friend here, we were able to catch up, a lovely time it was.

Previous years, and there were some special medals hung there too.

View attachment 732096
View attachment 732100 View attachment 732101

Special people, very special people.

T
Thats very nice , should be proud for doing some thing so special for others
Peter

just got myself a new car dash GPS Garmin DriveAssist 51 LMT-S GPS with Aus Garmin warranty
This one has a dash camera included and some other nifty gear like lane departure forward collision alerts speed camera locations etc.. shipped after special price & ebay code $322.00.. My last GPS was navman with dash camera too are but it died after 3 years and all the reviews told me the Garmin extra money was worth it..

Hope this one last better than 3 years

Sorry Peter92 nothing here that can help I am afraid.

Speaking of saws,
I picked up 2 saws a while back, an 024 in reasonable outside condition, but lightly scored piston on the exhaust side, most likely from running on years old stale fuel, and a 180 cm, easy start, tool less chain adjuster that was siezed up and partly taken apart, previous owner had a brief look and gave up.

Took the muffler off the 180, and the piston was pristine....hmmm. Took the easy start off, and yes the motor was indeed siezed up.
Bit more brute force and it would move a bit, so took it all apart, and took the motor out of the plastic chassis, and popped the base cover off and had a look.
The inside of the motor was reasonable, just a bit of white frosty corrosion, and from what I could gather, it had been put away wet, or kept in a damp place, the main bearings were ok, but had a bit of the ally frost in them, and the big and little end were tight.
Sprayed some lanotec into the bearings, and they free'd up and then I rinsed them in some fuel mix to clean and lubricate them, all good, no play, nice and smooth, so cleaned it all up, re oiled the bearings etc and put it back together, gave the carb a clean, put a new oil hose on it, as old one had been poorly fitted, and siliconed up, new fuel filter, and a solid clean and the damn thing works a treat.
I put a freshly dressed good 16" bar I had, and new stihl 3/8pico chain on it, ok all set for a good sale.

Sweet, I was going to sell it and then use the monies to cover the initial purchase of the 2 saws and to go over the 024 for my eldest daughter.
Then my mother in law mentioned she had some bits of trees down on her property that needed cleaning up.
She had previously not taken my advice on what saw to get, and got a 236 husky, it was a pain in the butt to start, even for an experienced saw operator, she physically couldnt start it herself, as she is over 70, it wouldnt idle properly, and would stall after cutting. I suggested she take it back to the dealer, but somehow it got all too hard and out of warranty etc etc etc, anyway she eventually gave it to me, yay !
So I ask her is she is interested in taking my advice now and getting a saw with easy start that she could actually start and use, or did she just want me to come and cut up what was down.
Seems the saw interested her, so took it over today, explained how to start it, let her have a go, she was both pleased and surprised how easy it was for her to manage and start...........who would have known eh ? :)

So there goes my fund for the other saws repairs for now. At least she can tidy up her place when a branch comes down , she has chaps, helmet, and did a chainsaw course some years ago, so she is capable and able to wield a saw, I also taught her how to drive her tractor, but thats another story, actually its a 3 beer story, meaning it takes one beer to get ready to tell it and 2 to tell the story :).

So much for driving lessons for the eldest in the ute this arvo, just realized her legs are long enough to reach the pedals, she must have grown 4" in the last few months.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 180base.jpg
    180base.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 180bits.jpg
    180bits.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 180cyllinder.jpg
    180cyllinder.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 4
yeah yeah first world problems but this ***** me;
dewalt 7491rs table saw in USA - NZ$780
dewalt 7491 table saw + rolling stand (RS) as they don't sell them together here - about NZ$1450.

Even the same model table saw from oz/nz retailer is NZ$150 more here than on their Aussie website.
Jaysus H farking christ farking bastards are reeming kiwis again.

/rant

yeah yeah first world problems but this ***** me;
dewalt 7491rs table saw in USA - NZ$780
dewalt 7491 table saw + rolling stand (RS) as they don't sell them together here - about NZ$1450.

Even the same model table saw from oz/nz retailer is NZ$150 more here than on their Aussie website.
Jaysus H farking christ farking bastards are reeming kiwis again.

/rant

comon cuz build your own its a hand trolly with legs and circular saw mounted upside down diy innovation is what you kiwis are good at

do a good job you can sell em for $500

comon cuz build your own its a hand trolly with legs and circular saw mounted upside down diy innovation is what you kiwis are good at

do a good job you can sell em for $500
Yeah bro, been there done that. Plastic recycling trolley bin, plywood over the top opening, skilly screwed to the bottom of the ply. But OSH and me agree I need something a bit more sophistimicated these days.

Well, took the opportunity yesterday after lunch just before heading out to another kids birthday party to give my eldest daughter her first drive in the ute, she had informed me her feet reached the pedals a while back now. Took me a while to realise she was right :).
Went thru the basics, and as she has been riding a motorbike with clutch and 5 gears for a while now, she understood their operation.
Got her to hold the engine rpm at asked rpm, ie 1200, 1500 2000, so she got a feel for the throttle, and at idle, allowed the clutch to begin to take up, then depressed again, and then knowing these things, let her loose with me beside her.
She did great, first few starts were a bit quick on the clutch, but after correction, became much smoother, and good match of throttle and clutch/load as well, even did a few changes up into 2nd around the paddock too.
Very pleased at how she approached it, and applied corrections, and she enjoyed it very much, and have just came back in from todays second run with really smooth starts and stops.

Well done for teaching your daughter to be able to drive a manual and be confident at it before she’s able to drive on the road. I too grew up in the country and learned how to drive well before I got my Learner license. I’ve seen people go for driving lessons on their L’s and have no idea how a manual gearbox works. I’m sure she will become a great driver in the future, just warn her to look out for distracted tools driving on the road that may not be concentrating. Those are the most dangerous drivers these days I believe [emoji35]

Thanks Ando81,
Yeah agree totally, have been talking thru how I scan the road, and on our road home, where there are some concealed roads, how I scan ahead looking for cars, as they might not see us, but we can see them.
As both girls ride motorbikes, they have an appreciation of allowing the driver to concentrate without them being noisy or distracting in the car, and when we drive, they often ask questions about situations, or I talk them thru what I am doing re knowing whats going on around me at the time, and anticipating the other road users to do something stupid, and glad when they dont.

Well after another drive about the front paddock together, and some great starts and stops, I hopped out, and said off you go, you know what to do, and she happily spent the next hr or so driving around by herself, or with her sister, and even took Mom around for a lap or two, had a few neighbors drive past and stop and chat much to her delight.

Great day indeed.

Any of you blokes remember that Ekka fellow of timberworld (in)famy? Was looking at something on Gumtree today and noticed the seller is an Ekka from ACT. It couldn't be him, could it?

Any of you blokes remember that Ekka fellow of timberworld (in)famy? Was looking at something on Gumtree today and noticed the seller is an Ekka from ACT. It couldn't be him, could it?

yeah recall him & his antics from ********* some 7+ years ago it was closed after if i recall right some legal dispute & disrepute ?? suppose he may have moved home,, he never troubled me but he did have a way of upsetting some.

i ordered one of these from ebay as only $75 beans and $22 post vs $300+ for some highe end double bite axes will see if it works any good a throw axe

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unbrand...m42004d5ad0:g:LpsAAOSwb21czTYS&frcectupt=true

s-l1600 (2).jpg

yeah recall him & his antics from ********* some 7+ years ago it was closed after if i recall right some legal dispute & disrepute ?? suppose he may have moved home,, he never troubled me but he did have a way of upsetting some.

i ordered one of these from ebay as only $75 beans and $22 post vs $300+ for some highe end double bite axes will see if it works any good a throw axe

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unbrand...m42004d5ad0:g:LpsAAOSwb21czTYS&frcectupt=true

View attachment 734033

Probably not him, I don't see a palm-tree

WANTED PM 850 front and rear rubber mounts please can be off these saw
Sp80, sp81, pm800. Pm570 and pm805
WANTED asap please
MP me if you can help out
Regards Peter

That $75 buck double bit axe turned up a few days after order and i was chucking it on weekend.. Its very good for price cant complain. I'll shortened the handle a tad as wee bit long and gave it a hone to touch up edge so if your thinking of double axe this is cheap way in as the high end Swedish stuff is $300 or you hunt about ebay after $100 $150 vintage with often no handle that can be $70 & hard to find

thumbnail_IMG_20190508_131313.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190508_131726.jpg

Back