the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so im sitting fishing on the banks of powlett river and i hear a vvbbbrrr approaching my ears prick up and my brain says,, son thats your old z650 - 4 into one pipes. The owner of course top bloke & i yakked and yakked about how it was better bike than the Z9 and could beat a duke on bends.. He even offered me a ride but as was on 2 k of dirt marbles i said prolly not a good idea but very very kind.

din't catch a thing had grouse day off but....
thumbnail_IMG_20190517_123446.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190517_130127 (1).jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190517_144456.jpg his was 78-9 mine was 80 with the drilled disc same color thumbnail_IMG_20190517_152439.jpg

That looks a nice spot to be fishing mate. Just remember, a bad day fishing is always better than a good day at work [emoji1305]

sailing today 19 yachts lined up & we was in a borrowed boat that only one had sailed before so predictable we dint get any glory even with handicap coming dead last,, well would have been second last but last place withdrew. It was a day of whats this rope (sheet halyard ) do hmm dunno pull it an see and lets not bump or bust anything cuz it not ours..

thumbnail_IMG_20190518_130312.jpg

no harm done and i can still sprint way faster than i thought...

my son and daughter are in 6 story city fringe apartment with a dog,,, 2 weeks ago a complaint was made about the dog barking out the on balcony,,, hmm we're pretty sure it not their dog but ok lets take the dog out away see what happens,, as expected tonite another complaint was made Ha well FU DH in unit 7/35

Ha ha, bloody neighbour complaints[emoji849] I’m blessed where I am, got brilliant neighbours on both sides but I’d still love to live on at least 100 acres if I could afford it one day.

Got these at a sale the other week, should be handy for moving wood, and bits of stone.
Rekon they might have been ice tongs originally when there were ice works about, they have been strengthened and reinforced over time, but still easily lift up a piece of timber either flat cut side or round side.

tongs1.jpg tongs3.jpg tongs4.jpg

for years i been pondering a wood splitter today one fell in my lap,,, a local chap has sold his fire wood business had 2 super axe W100 left over good machines prolly more than i need ATM as lucky to need use 2 days a year but my lazy backs not getting younger..

2009 model not flogged, priced right $4500 new this for $1600 engine hours tad high but not beyond..

I had a early Whittlands super Axe 1998 W450 model out for dry hire & in wood yards on long term rent for 7 years before it got stolen these are good machines

thumbnail_9172328404167799998.jpg

They are extremely well built machines in my opinion and at a dirt cheap price. I’d pay that any day, I paid $1700 for a Chinese 40 tonne that is ok but would not split as fast or for as many years as a super axe.

yeah i been looking at all the options from electric up to $2k 5hp bunnings imports & sure new and shiney but we know that wont last 2 -3 years.. i hired a few differing types last years and none were as good and easy to use as this Whitlands axe

oh looks like i'll be in SA Oct for Red bull tree climb doing the kids swing & rope tree climb

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/events/red-bull-branched-out?

In partnership once more with Arboriculture Australia, and Kapunda SA for the 3 day ‘one of its kind’ speed tree climbing event happening on 17th, 18th and 19th of October. Now in it’s third year, Red Bull Branched Out 2019 is one not to be missed. The unique skill based format challenges tree climbers to hit several targets in the 30 meter high tree canopy, starting at the top and swinging from fixed ropes descending down to the ground.

oh looks like i'll be in SA Oct for Red bull tree climb doing the kids swing & rope tree climb

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/events/red-bull-branched-out?

In partnership once more with Arboriculture Australia, and Kapunda SA for the 3 day ‘one of its kind’ speed tree climbing event happening on 17th, 18th and 19th of October. Now in it’s third year, Red Bull Branched Out 2019 is one not to be missed. The unique skill based format challenges tree climbers to hit several targets in the 30 meter high tree canopy, starting at the top and swinging from fixed ropes descending down to the ground.

Had a look at the flyer, keen to come down with family, Eldest is dead keen on doing some climbing/ rope work, couldnt find anything on which days and costs for entry, kids climbing is, only info for those competing.

Not sure on what your time commitments are, and who your traveling with, but your welcome to drop in for a coffee if you head up the road a bit, let me know. Just to let you know I roast my own beans, and enjoy good coffee.

On the weekend, I set up a larger rope 3/4" in the Jacaranda, and then with some smaller rope put in 2 blakes hitches and foot loops for her to practice climbing up, and descending, but the larger rope was a bit too soft/ grippy, and it took quite a bit of effort to let the hitch release and slide. Probably something I did wrong, but it kept both of the girls entertained for the afternoon, even when it was raining. :) The mention of the above event got some real excitement and interest.

T

ad a look at the flyer, keen to come down with family, Eldest is dead keen on doing some climbing/ rope work, couldnt find anything on which days and costs for entry, kids climbing is, only info for those competing.

sure all good, kids climbs 7 to 12-15 yolds is free we set a few ropes they get hauled up sometimes do limb walk about 5 feet up they are on belay and we supervise & not dropped one yet...

you'll see some fast risky pro climber action over the past years each weekend there been several broken bones

thumbnail_IMG_20180922_150225.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20180922_145303.jpg thumbnail_WP_20171013_008.jpg

Just out of interest, was there still another splitter for sale for $1600?

there is but,,, the owner chaps got jimmy dancer and sadly maybe not long to go,, he told me was tough to see my machine go so reckons keeping other for now while adjusts his future.. we split wood together last nite he spoke of openly bout his condition and fate was sad a big strong bloke hands like a bear would'a taken on any and all....

Latest posts

Back