the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Does anyone know of any place in Australia selling those electronic ignition chips for converting old points saws?

Previously I had bought them off a mob call greenacres on ebay but they are out of stock. I can get them from the USA easy enough but with the Aussie dollar conversion atm I was hoping I could still source locally.

Regards

Adam

Try ebay and tipe in Atom

come out you stubborn SOB

big brother had a big ugly stump restricted access so no stump machine,,, ok lets dig it out...

back in the day boss would give me a shovel axe and T3 tirfor winch say be back later get it out... i became pretty handy at hand tool stump digging so today was a time travel to 1981 but the tungsten saw was a great help

thumbnail_IMG_20190804_140106.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20190804_143231.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190825_132935.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190825_132848.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20190825_121210.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20190825_121210.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 5
Good job, like the damper on the cable too. Wished a hose would have reached to the last stump I removed, would have been a good idea to clean the roots, tho I was never tempted to hit them with the chainsaw.
Ah hate stumps, just plain takes time, and not easy to swing an axe at the lower roots, even with much shoveling and hole enlargement.
I found the cheap hardened hand wood saws worked well where an axe would not reach, the teeth are surprisingly durable, and when its worn out, get another one, there only 5-9 bucks per saw.

Ahh the tirfor swing, who needs a gym membership when you own one of those :)

Brand new ( proper real not china knock off ) harness today... yahoo works nice comfy & bits and things where you expect or need.. My 1st new harness in well,,, for ever i only got hand me downs or stuff i er um "borrowed" ... so today i retired my much used and trusted 25 year old bit of gear.. Heh im gonna give it back to the dear chap i borrowed it from...

thumbnail_IMG_20190827_101923.jpg 69250850_423949911553774_8271394116244340736_n.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190827_102156.jpg

Hi Guys
Does any one know of some one that would have a PARTNER R40 saw, wanting some measurements off it
and /or covers off a saw
please let me know if you hear of any thing
Peter

come out you stubborn SOB

big brother had a big ugly stump restricted access so no stump machine,,, ok lets dig it out...

back in the day boss would give me a shovel axe and T3 tirfor winch say be back later get it out... i became pretty handy at hand tool stump digging so today was a time travel to 1981 but the tungsten saw was a great help

View attachment 755289
View attachment 755293 View attachment 755291

View attachment 755294

Never seen/heard/or read about a T3 Tirfor until today. This thing is awesome! I appreciate the advice!!

So hows the trailer repairs coming along ?
did one box section turn into another, and then whilst your at it with the grinder, into another :) etc etc etc

all done,, its prolly not 100% road worthy but should no fuss carry a few logs a fridge or mower.. now got suspension that connected to the frame, lights that actually work,, a jocky wheel, ramps for a ride on mower.. 5 cans of kill rust should see it live for 5 or more years.... buy at $250 needed $185 of stuff..

thank you inox mx3

so this week the washing machine and the wood heater fan began to play up and then die,,oh great this will cost me $$... so in vain i pull off the washer front panel & fiddle with pipes belts pumps and give it wipe n clean all the while expecting i'll need a repair guy.. I dusted & sprayed exposed wire terminal with inox mx3,,well the dam things working just fine now.
Same with the wood heater fan its 20 years old i checked price $250 but lets 1st give it a clean dust and lube spray the terminal block with inox mx3... it fired up working fine now..

im not much of mechanic, sure basic nut n bolt but no confident in stuff i not done before

I wrecked my 029,, dont ask just got careless busted the rear handle.. i pulled it apart watched some utube vids now need a rear handle body assembly..

Question for the mob,, is this a good deal,, or are there other better to seek out?

https://www.carbydoctor.com.au/rear-handle-assembly-for-stihl-chainsaw-029-039-ms

thumbnail_IMG_20190906_171054.jpg

ive gotten stuff from them before on fleacebay, no complaints, helpful seller, would be quicker than ordering from china, rekon they have done a bit of work on sorting cheap from nasty and offer some good stuff.

Ive not gotten those type of parts from them, but its not got a tank attached, and its just handle/ cover, whats genuine worth ?

ps, here to help if you get stuck, but you've done the hardest bit already.

Sorry, dont have the ipl for the 029, but here is the ipl for the next series and the service manual too.

Grr, I do have the ipl's but for some reason, when I go to attach them to this message, they dont show up.

Ok for some reason, they were named with .html extention, renamed, and now it should work

Double Grr, only got one to work

Attachments

• MS 290, 310, 390 SM.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • ms290_ms310_ms390_IPL.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 029_039_IPL.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Have a good close look at your fuel and impulse lines whilst your there, and the intake boot too.
If you were thinking of replacing them, nows the time whilst its all apart, but I would suggest to use genuine for those bits.

Back