the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handy to have for parts look up and torque specs etc.

Torque spec ?? um whats that ? :) im a hit it with hammer kinda mechanic amazing i order the rear handle weekend it arrives today,,, i would had it fitted up by now but its 308w reloads 1st cuz Saturday weather looking good for range..

i can see a few new feed holes need to be drilled in the body wall,, that suits me save undoing the gas and mag looms

thumbnail_IMG_20190911_184842.jpg

Made up a friction lowering device after searching home made ideas.
bit of 200mm tube 3mm wall, and 1m of 12mm solid bar from the scrap bin at the local steel fabricators.

Had a bit of an issue with the welder dropping amps during the weld, but went back over it and then filed the weld down smooth, finished with 120 wet n dry, some small inclusions, but it wont catch the rope, and is minimal, not ideal, but these things happen. Filed the marks and dents flat, and went over and sanded, it, nothing catches on the rope.

happy with $5 for materials and some time.

pw1.jpg pw2.jpg pw5.jpg pw7.jpg pw8.jpg pw9.jpg pw12.jpg pw13.jpg pw14.jpg pw15.jpg

I love that welder that you’re using, I learnt to arc weld when my dad used to have the same machine about 25 years ago [emoji1305]

Thanks chaps for your kind words, the dam loop moved when I started welding and I didnt realise it at the time, now its just that bit off, and annoys me.

sorry to hear about the window, gosh, would get your attention, is someone breaking in etc, so who cleaned their windows lately ? :)

yeah I got that peerless at a g sale a while back, before that I had a welder given to me that the previous owner couldnt be stuffed fixing, it worked after some tlc but when I saw the peerless it was a no brainer.
when it works, it gives a very good weld, makes any welder look good.

hah, I wonder if my daughter will say the same one day, she has had a go welding, and has got to the point of striking an arc, and putting down a reasonable bead, and wrote her name on an old mower blade we were practicing on, been a few years since then, must get her out and work on actually joining metal now. :)

LGwelding2.jpg

i would never show off my on welding work its embarrassing gobs of melt
#MeToo
Popcorn, chicken shite are the common descriptors of my welding. It's funny but my old man is the metal guy who cant stand wood, whereas I'm the complete opposite.

just booked flights to hong kong as honorable son and i ( round eye foreign devils) will do the pilgrimage to dad & gramps family Lim kee tye village hour’s drive outside of Jiangmen China.. Big sister did it 12 years ago & was a real trek and challenge... now im told just uber app a driver from port ferry and sit back.. intel is the ongoing protest are well managed easy to avoid just dont wear black

my father in sailor suit, his brother Huey, a aunty and little sister with gramps Lim Kee Tye & our grandmother Eva Melbourne circa 1927

13726708_10153917680034862_8984972310920129295_n.jpg

Hi Chaps,
After a few years, and some help from a particularly good guy here, feel free to say you helped if you want, I got up in the trees again, it was only a little one, but a tree none the less.
Had a safe good time, had to be patient in putting together a useful kit, made up some of my own gear, others were cheap or free from g sales.
Either way, thanks for your help and advice, suggestions and feedback on getting up there, its much appreciated.

Those of you thinking of climbing, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask.

Hi Chaps,
After a few years, and some help from some good guys here, feel free to say you helped if you want, I got up in the trees again, it was only a little one, but a tree none the less.
Had a safe good time, had to be patient in putting together a useful kit, made up some of my own gear, others were cheap or free from g sales.
Either way, thanks chaps who helped with advice, suggestions and feedback on getting up there, its much appreciated.

Those of you thinking of climbing, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask.

View attachment 760911 View attachment 760912 View attachment 760913
Looks like a blarst and stoked you back in a tree

Sorry, should have been clearer, last lot of tree climbing was when I was a young kid, loved climbing trees then, tho I did do some rock climbing years later, but had to give it away due to body not able to keep up.

Love rock climbing but i have not done any for longer the i can remember.

well i impressed myself and got that busted body handle 029 back together & started 1st pop well after i worked out i put earth terminal on wrong then 1st pop... a hint tip i used mini zip tie to hold fuel line in place to body tang when need to refit slip on carby or its a pain to set in place line up push on carby then it just slips aside ..

yesterday a nice avo GIS tree hazard audit in local cemetery very peaceful i did ask the chap under lid if i could rest me legs

thumbnail_IMG_20190926_134859.jpg

camping i hate camping ugh,,, getting old stinky tents out chairs table eskys all the gear ffs

Camping, definition: Spending a ridiculous amount of money to live like a poor homeless person.

Still, I Love camping in winter tho, specially free camping in the outback, forget the busy campgrounds and caravan parks.
Camping in summer sucks, flies, hot, flies, cant have a fire, flies, its hot, oh did I mention the flies, risk of fire, either there, or at your home, and your not there to fight it, flies, etc.

Back